The Superb III Picture thread

Here's a picture of my Superb. More precisely, here's a picture of the transportation blocks which were not removed at the PDI. They took 5 mins per side to remove, but I find it incredible that this kind of thing is still happening.

I was happy with my Superb, but it occasionally banged across sharp bumps and had recently developed a clunk at the front. I jacked it up to look and found two blocks on each side.

If you go through the posts on this forum it is remarkable how many people have found the blocks have not been removed, including myself.

It really is time that Skoda fitted a ribbon, or something like that, that hangs down so you can clearly see the blocks are still there.

That's an interesting sticker on the windscreen in the first picture!!!. Not sure I'd want to drive around with that on it in the UK.

Our raceteam here in Sweden!

• Like 1

Ordered a 280 hp L&K estate in Jungle Green a month ago since I'm fed up with grays, whites and black, and since blue brings back nightmares from owning a LR Disco. Thing is I have no idea what it will look like. 

Humping our old 2012 Superb from Norway to Paris via Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg we did not see a single one, not even at the Skoda dealer in Celle where we spent the night. 

Anyone has one, and could post a picture which shows the colour as near as possible to reality? Would be much appreciated.

Those I've seen on the net look all different and I don't trust the ball at our dealer.

Per

If you go through the posts on this forum it is remarkable how many people have found the blocks have not been removed, including myself.

It really is time that Skoda fitted a ribbon, or something like that, that hangs down so you can clearly see the blocks are still there.

It shouldn't need that though should it? It just needs dealers to do their PDI properly! How hard is it to follow a checklist...? Am I missing something?

It shouldn't need that though should it? It just needs dealers to do their PDI properly! How hard is it to follow a checklist...? Am I missing something?

History shows that if everyone had always followed checklists numerous accidents of the past would have been avoided.

There used to be many cases of pilots taking off and finding they could not retract the undercarriage.

The reason was that checklists had not been followed and the undercarriage locking pins were still in place.

They added a ribbon to the pin and after that cases of failed undercarriage retractions fell to practically nil.

Humans are fallible.

History shows that if everyone had always followed checklists numerous accidents of the past would have been avoided.

There used to be many cases of pilots taking off and finding they could not retract the undercarriage.

The reason was that checklists had not been followed and the undercarriage locking pins were still in place.

They added a ribbon to the pin and after that cases of failed undercarriage retractions fell to practically nil.

Humans are fallible.

Sure humans are fallible, but the incidence rate of blocks still being on cars would suggest this isn't the occasional oversight, but a systemic lack of attention to detail and perhaps even laziness.

Asking for ribbons strikes me to be along the same lines as those signs in public toilets that say "caution: hot water" above the taps. Should we need reminding that a hot water tap will deliver hot water? Should mechanics need reminding that they need to remove suspension delivery blocks when it's (presumably?) already on a PDI checklist that they have to sign off?

• Like 1

Human failure is a complex subject but suffice to say that any repetitive task done many times that doesn't require much positive input or concentration can produce slips and lapses surprisingly often even amongst the best.  

Hence the provision of additional visual stimuli, like the ribbon mentioned, can be useful in reducing error rates.

Murphys Fourth Law of Opportunity reminds us that 'if someone can then sooner or later someone will  ;) 

Its not that we are careless or poor workers; just that we are all human and need all the help we can get most of the time.

One of our local dealers is selling a SEL in jungle green - may give you a bit of an idea

http://pulmanusedcars.co.uk/used_skoda_superb_20-tdi-scr-190bhp-4x4-se-l-executive-dsg-durham_36575.htm

Thanks! I suppose I will just have to wait until the real thing arrives. :peek: 

I hope it will look more vibrant in sunlight, or I may have to do what a local taxi owner did. Taxis in our town must be silver. He wanted to have the first 280 hp Superb delivered, but only a gray demo was available. He bought it and had it covered in vinyl, silver vinyl. :x

Per

@Ancient Mariner. 

There are some pix of jungle green cars on this thread at #329 and #813. I ordered it originally but had to change due to delays back in Oct last year. I think the colour really suits the car and is not at all dull in real life

@sagalout - I guess we'll have to agree to disagree to some extent on this one.

I've never done or seen a PDI but I'd assume there is a checklist of some description to follow? And if there isn't, there could very easily be one. So how do you manage to check something off you haven't done? Especially when it's something which requires such a physical and involved interaction from the person checking. We're not talking about pulling a sticker off something, it involves jacking the car up and physically removing something from each wheel. So I don't get it, I'm afraid.

@Ancient Mariner. 

There are some pix of jungle green cars on this thread at #329 and #813. I ordered it originally but had to change due to delays back in Oct last year. I think the colour really suits the car and is not at all dull in real life

Sagalout, thanks!

Had a look at both, and so far the conclusion from my extensive research is that light matters. Not that I am overly eager for autumn weather to arrive, but I wish September (and my new Superb) would arrive sooner.

Per

Here's a picture of my Superb. More precisely, here's a picture of the transportation blocks which were not removed at the PDI. They took 5 mins per side to remove, but I find it incredible that this kind of thing is still happening.

I was happy with my Superb, but it occasionally banged across sharp bumps and had recently developed a clunk at the front. I jacked it up to look and found two blocks on each side.

my last two seat leons have had this also, very annoying

Business Grey & Beige Leather 190 L&K:

IMG_1291_zps93pt79dd.jpg

IMG_1290_zpsiedzg2xl.jpg

IMG_1311_zpsvip3dury.jpg

IMG_1284_zpsvpkspxof.jpg

IMG_1308_zpsz9bsoy3p.jpg

Std reversing light:

IMG_1301_zpsbvokjkkh.jpg

CREE LED:

IMG_1298_zpszrz6cotf.jpg

Std:

IMG_1309_zps4u4zjy45.jpg

LED:

IMG_1310_zps97icqxk6.jpg

IMG_1292_zpsynisvwik.jpg

LED’s used (the bottom H8 fog light bulbs were crap so not fitted, L - R, Reversing lights, rear indicators, boot & glovebox LED’s:

IMG_1277_zpsg4k2vuxm.jpg

Video for the rear LED indicators (not sure how to get the video in the post):

Hello. I wanted to make the same changes you. You can insert links where to buy these lights? thank you

in Italy there is no applicator? Naples area?

There is a quartz grey (I think!) Superb 111 Style in Donohoes Skoda Enniscorthy showroom, not too far a drive from you.

There was also a light grey outside (With dark leather interior), so was easy to compare the two.

The showroom car has the beige leather.

Looked a lovely colour combination, the only thing we thought not quite right was the silver interior trim, but thats a personal thing.

The Sales Manager mentioned this could be easily changed to a darker colour, or wood effect.

Hello. I wanted to make the same changes you. You can insert links where to buy these lights? thank you

Have you seen this thread?

I fitted the following to my L&K:

Front fog light

Reversing lights

Rear indicators

Boot lights

Glovebox (this is an indication of the type and not the actual ones I fitted)

Nice one LordSnick, waiting for mine to arrive some time next month. L&K estate, but 280 petrol since I don't do too much driving. Gambled on Jungle Green, we'll see.

Mine will be on NF plates and I've been pushing the dealer for a good number, 88888 if they can swing it.  :p

Per