The What Car Did You Ditch For The Skud Top Ten

Dutch4x4

Part ex-ed D- Reg Mini Mayfair for Felicia LXI - hence my name tag!

Mini - fun to drive, fab in the snow, gave bigger cars a run for their money.

Downsides about as crash resistant as a wet paper bag, tin worm paradise, bottomless pit for my wallet!

Felicia LXI - toe rags do'nt want to nick it, lots of room, nice and safe especially after recent prang with a 'nova boy', economical both in fuel and bills, and still a hoot to drive in the snow ala Mr Blomqvist an Co in '96 Rally GB. Surprising Skoda as the old ad used to go! :p

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rover 200vi, had for 3 years.

Fast little car but ultimately lacked torque, space and practicality. Traded in for vRS.

Sad to see it go.... yes (I know its a Rover but I liked it and it was reliable, apart from some leaks)

But the vRS has lived up to my expectations. I intend to keep for at least 5 years.

Was a Scooby wannaby and probably still am, but put of by the insurance and running costs. One day...... errr Maybe i'll have an R1 instead

My new Octy vRS will be replacing a Passat S 1.9 TDI (PD115) which in all fairness has been a good car (Glad the climate control will be the same in the new Octy!!)

Before that I was yet another Subaru Impreza Turbo Driver!!

Sold simply because the fuel consumption was crippling

What do people think of my logic?

I chose to buy my vRS outright (ish, on credit anyway) then sell my old car privately asap.

Im confident that this meant BOTH that I had a v strong negotiating position when buying the vRS, AND beat any part ex offer I was going to get by several hundered quid.

out went the Rover 418 Touring diesel was a good car for 7 years untill a oil leak seized the engine in 3 minutes!

did the normal road tests out went volvo audi/vw okay but crept up to 22K+ with toys added out went MG touring due to soggy ride

Then i wandered into a skoda garage for the first time in my life

spotted a rather smart L&K estate with granite trim and couldnt believe the price of

My vRS replaced a Rover 420iL. The Rover was my very first new car, and I thought it was great when I bought it. BMW owned Rover at the time and I told friends I was buying a BMW 400?!?!? about a year after buying it BMW ditched Rover and thet killed the resale price. Shame the rover was a comfortable, reliable car. Air con, full leather, alloys, CD and I had the windows tinted.

BUT when it reach 3 years old I wanted to replace it......I searched and found the beauty that is my black vRS.............what a result....what a car!

• 1 year later...

Fabia replaced a Mercedes A170, an absolute money pit Shame the diesel Fabia wasn't available when we bought the A-Class, test drove a petrol powered Fabia and liked it but needed a reliable diesel... why did we buy the Merc?

Nissan Primera Sport 1.8 - only 34 mpg , very poor acceleration , poor turning circle - difficult to get round the corners in multi-storey car parks. Had it for 4 years from new - list price

Last car before my FIRST Skud (had a couple more after the Octavia) was a Toyota Picnic 2.0GLS MPV Auto.

It was a very nice car in fairness, although 25mpg in Auto form was a bit much for my mean tastes!

The Octavia TDi was more like it at 44mpg....

I really do get tempted by all the lovely stuff around, but feel smug in my Fabia for some reason!?

JT

Peugeot 306 DTurbo. Nice car, as long as you kept the stereo cranked up to drown out a) the noisy engine, B) the rattles. Flogged it to my sister at a knock down price, still going strong seemingly. Apart from the fact that all the time I spent lovingly keeping it clean inside and out were a waste of time as I don't think it has seen a hoover or a sponge since....

My Vrs replaced a Vectra 2.0 sri which i loved but wanted to change, and i thought the Vectra was fast, the vrs blew me away!

Just changed the wife's vectra 1.6 gls (which i hate with a passion) for a Octy 1.9tdi

so thats Vauxhall - 0, Skoda - 2 (plus Vauxhall dealer were ar5eholes)