Phil's Fabia 1.8t Build Thread (ex 1.2 12v)

pip_vrs

Hope your coming in it on Wednesday pal to the east Midlands meet.

Probably not, dont fancy wasting half a months tax. Also want to get front door windows working as it'll be a bit cold with them down haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today has been wasted on the other Skoda seen as its been neglected in a few months..

Doesnt scrub up too bad, removing shiny wheels for its new winter wheels.

Electric windows on front are ****ing me off big time. They have 12v to the motor and two wires to the switch. On both sides. I can operate one perfectly fine, up and down for ages. Then go to the other side and it doesnt work, unplug it all, plug it in and its fine all works. Go back to other side and it doesnt work again. The only thing in common is the ignition live and earth. Every other wire is disconnnected [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

Totally annoying

The control unit in the motor runs on 5v doesn't it, not 12v?

Theres 12v to the motor, then when you operate the switches it goes up/down. Didnt check if it was 5v seitching. But surely as i have everything disconnected each motor should run regardless what the other is doing? How will they know? Confused

The drivers control unit is a master though with the others being slaves. Every other door is still routed through the drivers control unit. They aren't just switched polarity motors.

so can i not just bang 12v on each motor?

I dont see why not, they will be totally indperndant that way..

Hopefully through a relay.

Through a fuse [emoji23]

How would i fit a relay? The switches dont switch 12v. Just 12v to the motor and lower voltage on the switch. It'll be fine.

Snap am having the same issue on mine and when I read the cods it's saying my driver side module is faulty when a i know 100% it's fine,,the seat ones don't even work anymore I can only think to recode them via vagcom what ya think

• Like 1

Had a few hours on the Fabia today as it's my last day off. Finally got round to doing rear suspension, only changed springs as the AP shocks were knackered. So running standard shocks on them.

20fed137ed32dbab007703083a96e901.jpg

Tested the clocks to see if the fuel gauge went the correct way, filled up with fuel.. It does. But before that i had to do some fault finding, i must have blown the fuse for the clocks whilst messing re-wiring the doors. All sorted and working again..

All ready for 1/11/15 when i can tax it, insurance starts then too [emoji41]

a380b54736ff2482b07e418e853fc39f.jpg

• Like 2