Phil's Fabia 1.8t Build Thread (ex 1.2 12v)

pip_vrs

Most mappers can add it when you get it remapped :)

Going to get flat shift and hard cut on mine (he wouldn't add it last visit as there was clearly an issue with the car), but not LC (quite hard on turbo/clutch, both of which I'm quite fond of).

now then ive just carried out the same sort of conversion as you but in a polo 9n and ive hit a brick wall with a few things that ive seen you cover in your build.

1st what have you done about the loom to rear lights as it splits into the boot lid on the Ibiza but on the fabia and polo the rear light is in 1 piece, so how did you go about connecting them up.

2nd I see you have got rid of all the n429,evap,2nd air pump and all the crap what aint needed have you had it all mapped out or have you plugged resistors in the loom??

cheers

now then ive just carried out the same sort of conversion as you but in a polo 9n and ive hit a brick wall with a few things that ive seen you cover in your build.

1st what have you done about the loom to rear lights as it splits into the boot lid on the Ibiza but on the fabia and polo the rear light is in 1 piece, so how did you go about connecting them up.

2nd I see you have got rid of all the n429,evap,2nd air pump and all the crap what aint needed have you had it all mapped out or have you plugged resistors in the loom??

cheers

On the latter their is a good guide in the Octavia section which will probably help you somewhat.

• Like 1

cheers

Hey up mate.

I thought about doing a 9n but i don't like 5 doors and i've owned 2 (1.4tdi and GT) three doors which i didn't think handled as well as my old Fabia.

I've yet to do the rear lights, but i'm just going to test each wire for 12v when i turn on a light and just solder it to the existing wiring. I chopped the Fabia loom at the back seats.

I have had them mapped out, but guys done a rubbish job and they do show up.

It'll do until i get it mapped properly at a later date.

I ended up joining bits of Fabia loom on to the end of the Ibiza loom... Not too hard to identify what each wire does with a haynes for both cars and a multi meter (basically from the plugs on the end of the Ibiza loom back is Fabia... but its not plug and play its chop and crimp :)).

However I don't have any electronic boot release yet.

right am with you so just figure out what wires go where end of lool​

i take it its the same with the front lights but just re pin the plug and job done,,

also i have a issue with my drivers door electrics only the centrel locking works when i turn the key on and off but the window aint working do you have any suggstions as to why bcos the motor worked fine on both cars b4 the loom swap,could it need reprograming or is there a wire a miss somwhere

I did the chop and crimp/solder on the headlights too, sounds like it may have been easier from Phils accounts :)

When you break it down there isn't that much to do: Indicators, Tail, Fog, Reverse, Brake, Number Plate. Wiper should be plug and play.

Bits of my door worked and bits didn't until I put the Ibiza door harness in (again had to change some of the plugs).

• Like 1

Started on the rear wiring tonight.

Just got the missus turning stuff on and off whilst i measured each plug haha

Will adapt it tomorrow when i get time.

Also going to wire the boot handle to a permanant live so it just pops the boot. That way it'll be ok for a mot, ill put another switch on it so i can turn it off and its then locked.

e3e2619bcd29348fa7237c5ae28ec25f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

All wiring at the rear done now.

Used the Fabia loom from arch back, chopped off all plugs from Ibiza loom and soldered them to the Fabia loom. Then taped it all up so it just looks factory.

Few pictures along the way..

8db341acec00f9bd3060479e43c12919.jpg

40e9c14f353ac40be77e423107bb639c.jpg

f47d42b63bba5d29bcb2599fea9e2bd0.jpg

e5624cd57499ad968c65c3679dc8286d.jpg

32ca04d0233b5cc10bdc7a8943925c87.jpg

4ac1533809649cde0405fe860acc8e32.jpg

Had to do some adapting to remove the drivers side part of the loom, so needed to wire in the drivers side indicator. I took this round with the rest of the loom. Chopped the earth for fuel pump so just put a riv-nut in a hole and crimped on.

94acda1e5022217a79e554c5ae51c311.jpg

All trim back on..

f6313a4ac3f0d500f8b968a8569caa83.jpg

a86cd1aeba442a8c01df8dc1f4d77b15.jpg

Had an issue where the clocks didnt light up and i had no headlight adjustment. Took the Ibiza/Fabia headlight switches apart and made one working switch and adjuster. Had to use the Ibiza knob, but i recon it looks better. Dash lights adjust and headlight level motors now work.

1fce08518de5d6f4713ea6be08568dc6.jpg

c6d5f0a43d8a0334162248867c0c7870.jpg

• Like 1

How have you wired it? Just straight to a live with a switch?

Going to try and figure a circuit that can switch the supply on/off based on the passenger lock signals, as knowing me I'd leave the boot lock 'activated' and someone would nick it :(

Just got the manual release on mine for now, bit of a pain to load the boot as I need to put everything down and open it from the lever inside.

Only done it for MOT access. Not planning on having locking on it, it'll be kept in a locked garage and when i'm out i have a few plans to make it hard to move.. Ill just keep rear doors locked nd use key in fronts