Yet another Fabia immobilizer thread. Solution included.

senilio

Hi,

Should have mentioned that in the first post, sorry. The immobilizer activated whenever it felt like it, just leaving the immo warning light blinking on the instrument panel. Had to dial in my 4 digit immo unlock code to be able to drive the car.

If the car had been heated by the sun, immo almost always activated. It seldom happened on early mornings when the cabin was cold.

Speculation is that the solder reacted on ambient temperature somehow... at least it seemed to strongly disagree with cabin temperatures above 25-30 celcius.

Edited by senilio
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

This thread should be linked from the pinned "Extremely useful Fabia Mk1" thread.

I will just find a photo of mine that shows how you can access the pins well enough without removing all the dial needles and so on, then ask a moderator to create the link.

20160711_192150-1.jpg

Edited by Wino
fixed image
  • Like 3

• 9 months later...

SENILO  Many thanks !!!

With this thread and by following your instruction and removing the instrument panel and checking the solderings on point 1 and 17 with a magnifier ( not possible to see with eyes only if you are not a hawk) i coulde se the cracks (cold soldering) and then i only added more solder to these 2 connection . The issue was solved !!!

Also noticed that there was more then only 2 pins where the soldering where cracked on the same 2 rows of connection points ,but then i did not pay attention to these because i beleived in Senilo that pin 1 and 17 was for the imobilizer which was correct.

Concidering that i have been suffering with this issue for 2,5 years when ambient temperature was above 15C (only a winter car), the car has been impossible to start from April to October. Lately the issue also showed when the outside temperature was as low as 5 C , which means the working condition for this car has decreased to a very small area . I woulde also like to mention that i have left the car for several weeks to a service who tried to solve the issue with removing and chaging parts in ignition module together with new key and reprograming the keys etc etc. Of course without fixing the issue , and on top of that i had to pay for it .

• 7 months later...

My dad has experianced this issue with his key. I haven't experianced this issue using my key. I appears that stroking the key a few times against a down jacket so it becomes static solve the issue. I can't explain it though. Why would the immobilizer unlock itself suddenly by making the key static? I recall my dad has partially solved this issue in the past by cleaning the key with a cotton rag, some times it works, some times it doesn't. 

I litterarly tried to start the fabia today using my dads key and I got the immobilizer icon flashing on the dashboard. I took the key and stroked it a few times against my jacket and the car started up several times after than with no icon flashing.

Also when I think about it, the central door lock doesn't work either maybe these two issues are related. 

Edited by AlexFabia

• 6 months later...