The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

They probably signed for that too because he hid it. Bit dopey not holding the top one bringing it up the kerb though.

I expect a lot of people had a bad day after that delivery was made.. this was at some services so lets hope no one opened up there cool refreshing Pepsi whilst in the car :D

• Like 2

I expect a lot of people had a bad day after that delivery was made.. this was at some services so lets hope no one opened up there cool refreshing Pepsi whilst in the car :D

Well if someone was looking to make their interior black anyway, he might of helped them out!

• Like 1

Is there anything you can do with these? I've considered just making a load of social media groups to get the word out on these people, my mrs is a driving instructor and you drive that car and its like you have a target on your boot. EVERY man and his dog is either peeping or swerving to get round you or my personal fave last week, pulling out of a junction into a major road having less than 2 cars widths between me and them. 

We brought a blackvue a couple weeks ago - still figuring out how to get the videos off and uploaded (didnt work to well on my phone as the blackvues connection in playing HD videos sucked..) Im thinking of just removing the SD and putting the data on my laptop. 

You get fuming with the people constantly moaning about the car, if they didnt peep - the learner would not repeatedly stall and panic, its through their actions they wait longer!! I've also considered for local drivers printing a notice of filming and sticking it on their cars at night with a screenshot saying dangerous driving caught on camera, failure to maintain a competent driving ability in the presence of a driving instructor will have you named/shamed and reported to the police. 

I've also considered for local drivers printing a notice of filming and sticking it on their cars at night with a screenshot saying dangerous driving caught on camera, failure to maintain a competent driving ability in the presence of a driving instructor will have you named/shamed and reported to the police. 

This just sounds like a world of aggro if the wrong person sees you sticking the notice on, or works out it was you. I can imagine quite a few from my area just destroying my car if they realised it was me that called them a rubbish driver.

• Like 1

This just sounds like a world of aggro if the wrong person sees you sticking the notice on, or works out it was you. I can imagine quite a few from my area just destroying my car if they realised it was me that called them a rubbish driver.

Oh I get that, but it's got my fiance in a.position of not wanting to drive anymore as she had two RTA accidents from drivers such as this

Oh I get that, but it's got my fiance in a.position of not wanting to drive anymore as she had two RTA accidents from drivers such as this

Perhaps get her some lessons with an instructor? Not so much for her skills but she might be more confident about it if she knows someone can take control of the car if something happens.

Aaron, the quickest way is to do as you say and remove the micro sd card and plug it into your pc. If you install the software on your computer it's easier and quicker to find and view the file you want. They are saved using their time and date stamp so if you remember roughly what time it occured it makes it easier to find. The bluetooth to a mobile is only really anygood if you want to view what you've recorded at the side of the road e.g. show the police if you've been in an accident that's someone elses fault. Don't forget to save any important files to your pc as the blackvue will overwrite them all in thrn once the card is full and remember to periodically reformat your card.

Not my footage, but from my town (yesterday) - thought I'd share due to the sheer idiocy. This crap isn't uncommon round here :dull:

Know the area well and you're right about it not being uncommon :(

Perhaps get her some lessons with an instructor? Not so much for her skills but she might be more confident about it if she knows someone can take control of the car if something happens.

shes an instructor already. It seems to be a common problem in the job. No matter how you teach people theres always some Tw** that has to make lessons awkward. The two RTAs she had, one tried to claim she wasnt on a phone as she came over a roundabout (was proven she was), and the other tried to claim she didnt see her (came out of a minor road and hit my fiance who was in a major road, the woman darted out despite not being able to see up the road as she moved alongside a long wheel based van, obscuring her vision of the road).

Aaron, the quickest way is to do as you say and remove the micro sd card and plug it into your pc. If you install the software on your computer it's easier and quicker to find and view the file you want. They are saved using their time and date stamp so if you remember roughly what time it occured it makes it easier to find. The bluetooth to a mobile is only really anygood if you want to view what you've recorded at the side of the road e.g. show the police if you've been in an accident that's someone elses fault. Don't forget to save any important files to your pc as the blackvue will overwrite them all in thrn once the card is full and remember to periodically reformat your card.

Is there a timescale on formatting the card? I havent been able to view pretty much any of the videos properly I assume due to the resolution, it just buffers..ALOT.

But yeah i will try and periodically backup the card where possible just through the PC, just need an SD card reader as the mrs lost the blackvue one! 

Not my footage, but from my town (yesterday) - thought I'd share due to the sheer idiocy. This crap isn't uncommon round here :dull:

Just watched this on the KM. Shocking but as you say not uncommon around here.

Ouch :( seems the lorry driver was at fault to (surely should've been in the right hand lane? Couldn't see if he was indicating mind you) At least you're okay, did he accept blame there and then? I hope it's repairable :(

Ouch :( seems the lorry driver was at fault to (surely should've been in the right hand lane? Couldn't see if he was indicating mind you) At least you're okay, did he accept blame there and then? I hope it's repairable :(

No, he is adamant that he is in the right (where he should have been).

No, he is adamant that he is in the right (where he should have been).

Ah so he's saying you're in the wrong? I take it either he was next to you before you pulled on or he had come from the right of you, either way, if there are 2 lanes to go straight ahead there's no shadow of a doubt he would be to blame? As if he came from next to you, he should have been going straight on and if he had been turning right been in the lane I presume you were in (going from a standard roundabout layout as I don't know where you were) and if he had come from the right, should have stayed in either the right lane, or straddled the left lane (being a long vehicle of course) until he took the exit to your right, honestly I don't think there's any arguing to it, did you say you had it on camera to him?