The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

I have to agree with that, the police in my area are practically non existent, you'll see them if there on a call out but that's really it, you do get the occasional Community officers wondering the high street but that's about all, there's no real "road policing" here, even the police drive it like they stole it and speed

That looks like a custody van used to transport naughty people when they are arrested so could have had a suspect in the back. Not sure how they stand when they are transporting someone back to the nick which, as you said, was the direction they were heading in?

That looks like a custody van used to transport naughty people when they are arrested so could have had a suspect in the back. Not sure how they stand when they are transporting someone back to the nick which, as you said, was the direction they were heading in?

Nope, deffo not. Sittingbourne nick closed it's jail 4/5 years ago. All prisoners to Medway!

Couldn't be arsed - open and shut case lol

Just was typing a long reply Tactical and lost it because I have fingers like pig's tits!  Short version is I agree with you they couldn't be ar$ed and it wouldn't have taken a second to offer advice and move on.  That way the offender has been told and others have seen him being put right which is education.  Job has moved on in the 16 plus years that I have been left and I am pleased I am not in it now.  They do have pressures but they should still do what they are paid for.  Sad fact is some don't.

Wasn't arguing with you just stating other factors including the link to the story in the Grimsby Telegraph where a serving officer has spoken out and been criticised.

• Like 2

Cyclist issues in York. Cyclist one comes flying straight out into a main road, wearing headphones and no helmet. Cyclist number two blocks the road I want to go down as he thinks because the bus is parked at a bus stop in his cycle lane he can't go round it?!

• Like 2

I don't think that second Cyclist realised the danger he was putting himself and you in, had a car behind not been paying attention and gone into the back of you it could have easily sent you into the cyclist, what a numpty 

• Like 1

Whoa! That video ended a split second before Stig of the Dump stepped out in front of you... :D

Yeah I'm glad they looked up before crossing the road!

I don't think that second Cyclist realised the danger he was putting himself and you in, had a car behind not been paying attention and gone into the back of you it could have easily sent you into the cyclist, what a numpty 

Yeah it was the fact that he thought he couldn't cycle round the bus that concerned me a bit! Granted, it would have been a bit awkward for him if the bus started to move while he was alongside it but still, don't block two junctions waiting!

• Like 1

This one's for FUBAR...

Not just NI that has straightabouts!! :D

Bloody Skoda drivers! 

• Like 2

Had something similar today with a group of German bikers round Manchester. I assume they were heading towards the Isle of Man. Filtering is one thing but doing it two side by side is a bit daft.

Keep well clear of German bikers filtering, it's illegal in Germany, so many haven't a clue how to go about it proficiently. Exactly like the embarrassing state of UK registered vehicles on the autobahn with no skill treating it as a novelty race track. bahhhhhhhh

Today's episode of... Pavement Driving!

No need to stick the reg up ? 

Maybe he was trying to beat his diving hours ? or family emergency ? he obv knew he would fit through the gap so whats the problem? if he wants to run the risk of a traffic cop seeing him then thats his choice ?

Pavements are for people. He only had to join the queue like the rest of us & wait 30 seconds for the lights ahead to change...

Yeah like i said family emergency someone took ill or into hospital ? you don't know the circumstance ?

Doesn't matter. Stupid thing to do regardless of the circumstances.

Admitted but does the fella deserve to loose his job over it ? Livelihood ? over someone putting his reg on the internet?

Saw him coming down the lane, didn't even look...... just barrelled on out.  :dull:  :thumbdown:

• Like 1

How do you have the patience to not just blast the horn as you pass him? You some sort of Buddhist monk?

Would not be an option I would take with someone on two wheels when passing as it could cause an erratic reaction (them swerving into me etc). More annoying is that this cyclist lives 2 doors from me. At least this time he was on the correct side of the road for his direction of travel  :dull:

Would not be an option I would take with someone on two wheels when passing as it could cause an erratic reaction (them swerving into me etc). More annoying is that this cyclist lives 2 doors from me. At least this time he was on the correct side of the road for his direction of travel  :dull:

At least you know whos letterbox to poo through then ;)

• Like 3

1. Driving hours = no excuse as we both know the traffic commissioner would agree rather strongly.
  2. Family emergency = possible line to use in mitigation if in a position to defend themselves, but again would be point blank not an acceptable excuse.
  3. He knew he would fit through the gap = well he obviously couldn't hence pavement mounting lol 
  4. His risk to run = I don't like that one, he has a revenue weight of 44,000kg and his mid lift was down with weight shown on it, so he was likely over 30ton at the time. It's a pavement, it's not designed to take that weight and certainly not the kerbing being impacted by 6 axles. Blow outs are generally caused by damage caused to tyres and taking kerbs like that stretches and tears the metal banding in the side walls. Just utterly dumb thing to do in any vehicle. 

You have a vocational licence too, doesn't mean you have to defend those others whose driving falls far below the minimum required standard. If the driver was in a Micra taking a driving test and did that, they would fail. Doing it in an articulated lorry.... poor show from the driver and he is responsible for his own actions should he be seen or detected in any way shape or form. His approach to stationary traffic involved late braking too, just driving like a tool. 

I totally agree with what you are saying but i don't believe its upto peoples posting in the internet that could loose someone their job.