The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

This clip doesn't exactly show you in a good light. It took you a minute for you to pass the bmw in lane one. Is that not called Lane hogging?

There's roadworks so I suspect there's a 50mph limit in place, so the op doesn't want to go pedal to the metal due to average speed checks, thus a slow overtake

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yes, 50mph average speed zone signs visible near the start of the clip.

Oh and you're referring to the BMW which proceeded in Lane 2 for the whole clip while there was nothing in Lane 1?

Yes, 50mph average speed zone signs visible near the start of the clip.

Oh and you're referring to the BMW which proceeded in Lane 2 for the whole clip while there was nothing in Lane 1?

I see the yellow camera pole now. I was paying so much attention to what was going to happen, I thought lane 1 was the hard shoulder.

This clip doesn't exactly show you in a good light. It took you a minute for you to pass the bmw in lane one. Is that not called Lane hogging?

I would suspect the camera makes it look like the BMW is further away than it actually is. Dashcam lenses tend to distort things which are not directly ahead.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Yep that's definitely somebody sat in the "boot" of the smart car.

Just did a search on the reg and it's the 599cc version so not too cut out for the extra weight of an extra person if nothing else! lol

Video removed pending the judicial process a year later.. FML! 

Things have sped up, won't be a year after all, but driver wants his day in court it seems... tbh he is likely going to require a bus ticket for after it. 

• Like 1

What a tool. Very aggressive driving. Yes fine if you're in a hurry there is a way to make progress without intimidating and annoying other road users.

This is how my day tends to go, a car will be behind me unhappy with the NSL and taking it out on my rear bumper. Then comes a T-junction or a roundabout and a gap is temporarily created. This seems to really annoy some of them, but entertains me to no end tbh. To torque or not to torque, that is a silly question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOXme04UlUg

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 3

Hah. I get that all the time! I'm merrily driving along at the speed limit with some idiot sat on my rear bumper... then we get to a roundabout or coming out of a 30/40mph zone and they're nowhere to be seen until they catch me up again!

• Like 1

Hah. I get that all the time! I'm merrily driving along at the speed limit with some idiot sat on my rear bumper... then we get to a roundabout or coming out of a 30/40mph zone and they're nowhere to be seen until they catch me up again!

30 zones with an NSL sign exiting them are funny at times, but most and more so in 40-NSL zones decide that they will overtake you just before the signs preventing you from accelerating. That sort really annoy me, I have to wait to stop them from having a head on collision  :(

Edited by FUBAR

This is how my day tends to go, a car will be behind me unhappy with the NSL and taking it out on my rear bumper. Then comes a T-junction or a roundabout and a gap is temporarily created. This seems to really annoy some of them, but entertains me to no end tbh. To torque or not to torque, that is a silly question!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOXme04UlUg

Impatient BMW Driver:

37 minutes after I post that video you are driving along listening to that song  :clap:  What are the odds!  :D

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 3

37 minutes after I post that video you are driving along listening to that song  :clap:  What are the odds!  :D

Ha ha! That is spooky! I didn't realise I left the sound on. Thank goodness you didn't have to put up with my 'singing!'

• Like 1

Ha ha! That is spooky! I didn't realise I left the sound on. Thank goodness you didn't have to put up with my 'singing!'

Singing no, whistling = yes  :D

• Like 1

when you need a rear facing camera and you don't even have a front one. Had a very nasty incident with another driver being very aggressive. Can't say to much at the moment as there is good chance this may end up in court, due to a very serious action by the other party. Had an informal chat with a local Bobby, from what I told him he was none to impressed from what told him from my point of view. The police still need to speak to other party.

Been a while, but mobiles are bugging me as much as ever and with bright clear days like today they are showing up again on camera.....

• Like 1

You just reminded me I forgot to get some footage of my camera last week.

It was of a woman on her mobile. I followed her through the city centre through traffic and she was just sat merrily chatting on her phone for about 10 mins. During that time she was constantly swerving into the gutter, kept taking ages to set off as she was struggling to change gear with her right hand, almost running into the back of the van in front of her several times and generally just being a t***. I caught up with her at the other side of town and was beside her... she got a nice long blast of the horn and said "perhaps if you weren't on your f-ing phone you would actually have control of your car!"... she quickly ended the call, put the phone down and starred sheepishly ahead! Boils my blood!

Edited by Phil-E
  • Like 3

It was of a woman on her mobile. I followed her through the city centre through traffic and she was just sat merrily chatting on her phone for about 10 mins. During that time she was constantly swerving into the gutter, kept taking ages to set off as she was struggling to change gear with her right hand, almost running into the back of the van in front of her several times and generally just being a t***. I caught up with her at the other side of town and was beside her... she got a nice long blast of the horn and said "perhaps if you weren't on your f-ing phone you would actually have control of your car!"... she quickly ended the call, put the phone down and starred sheepishly ahead! Boils my blood!

i hate that kinda ****e

I followed someone like this the other week. For about 5 miles, from a dual carriageway all the way into a car park. At one point she just stopped in the middle of road! It would appear talking on the phone meant she had to wave her free hand around, which made driving a tad difficult.

Oh, and at the end she went the wrong way round a roundabout into the car park.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Edited by trundlenut

Video removed pending the judicial process a year later.. FML! 

Things have sped up, won't be a year after all, but driver wants his day in court it seems... tbh he is likely going to require a bus ticket for after it. 

Following a long long day in court due to the driver pleaded not guilty. The video is now back!  :thumbup:

A couple of quotes from the day for the futuristic alien but eye opening concept of using dash cam footage finally in such a case:

Police - "It's black and white we are confident of a conviction thanks to the excellent video footage provided" 

Judge - "The court would like to thank the witness who provided the CCTV footage" 

Judge - "Without the CCTV footage provided you likely wouldn't even be here today"

Judge - "Do you think you are Tyrone's answer to Michael Schumacher?"

Judge - "I would like the defendants father to be forced to watch the footage"

Judge - "If he was my child, I wouldn't have 'modified' the car afterwards for him, I'd have gotten him a push bike instead"

:cocktail:

He didn't need a bus ticket in the end since I assume he was getting a ride home with his father.  :sweat:

There is so much more detail to add to the clip at the end of this video and I did prepare a full summary video at the time which I still have ready to go, but I fear it will need a lot of work now to update it so will do one to go over exactly what the circumstances of what this young boy did in context. I have everything from his registration in perfect clarity on both front and rear cameras to his face stood right in front and right behind my car. As he has been dealt with now by the court, it is not for me to add to his punishment by going down the lines of a name and shame though as he is walking as it is for now. His sentence was very very lenient after a literally last second deal and he will be back on the roads all to soon if he can get anyone to insure him. Had he not folded when he did, he would have been destroyed quite frankly due to the 2 witnesses in attendance ready to take the stand. The footage removed any dispute from the defence, with little to cross examine the witnesses on. As is when passing his sentence the District Judge indifferent to the 25 odd cases prior including some quite serious ones, lasting no more than 30 seconds of condemnation, spent nearly 10 minutes on what can only be described as a torrent of utter fury towards the driver and extended this to some very sharp parental advise for his father. Upon finally being able to discuss it with the other witness after we left the court where my footage cannot show how close it was, I am assured it was extremely close and had put him off travelling to football matches here again. He had his children in the car and going over it again so long after it seemed to have really shook him up.   

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 2