The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

Nice of the green lorry to wait for you...

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I'd been sat there for 5 minutes letting cars through.

Would have been nice if he did. I had to remove the sound due to this being a family forum. You could hear and feel the water hit the car

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Edited by J306TD

I'd been sat there for 5 minutes letting cars through.

Would have been nice if he did. I had to remove the sound due to this being a family forum. You could hear and feel the water hit the car

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Get an NSFW version up :P

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have some footage from this morning.. but don't want to post it simply because a mound of **** was on my windscreen but I couldn't see it due to being right behind the rear view mirror.. so I can post it.. but might be "crap" footage

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Edited by Hyphons

Then these roundabouts - in heavy traffic. It's OK to be polite, letting a few drivers in and through, but to be exploited because I let a couple (well, actually just one - the truck was heavier than my CitiGo..) through! This lady in the red car 1 inch from my car, had no plans to stop, or no plans to pay attntion as she talked in her cellphone.

EDIT: And I never manage to make my videos embedded in posts....

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_3pdob2Z9-Y

Edited by Citigo2032
  • Like 1

Discussion time NSFW

What do people think of the below?

The description goes

"Flew onto the roundabout during rush hour traffic in a 65 plate Ford turning right from the left lane, this surely can't be a emergency response vehicle? No lights! We are also IMO too far from the sea for it to be a RNLI vehicle (I have seen first hand in the past a RNLI vehicle with no lights on or fitted and simply RNLI written along the sun visor rushing to a emergency but unlike this situation he was using his horn to warn people and also had a passenger helping clear traffic pointing to the RNLI signage)"

I'm really fumbled by this one, the video cuts out but if anyone is curious to what I said I said "unless its a emergency vehicle or something"

I keep checking Youtube to see if a video of me pops up on there from the other day...

Was driving along the A64 in the left lane and a grey Insignia was creeping up very slowly in the outside lane. I was approaching a car in my lane so put my foot down, indicated and started to move out. At this point the insignia was about 2 car lengths behind me and I thought by the time I've got my foot down I will have gained another car length or so before he's anywhere near... but no Mr Insignia driver had other ideas... he accelerated (must have floored it as he went from doing about 2mph faster than me 2 car lengths back to being on my bumper in a flash). Bearing in mind I had floored it with the DSG kicking down a couple of gears and had already hit over 80mph.

He then sat on my back bumper honking the horn with him and his (I presume) wife pointing furiously at the dashcam in the windscreen. I must admit to loosing my rag a bit and braking!

I passed the car I pulled out to overtake and gave him the wa***r sign (oops)... they continued to point to the camera... I just pointed to mine and mouth "so what?!"

I really need to get a rear camera!

• Like 3

I keep checking Youtube to see if a video of me pops up on there from the other day...

Was driving along the A64 in the left lane and a grey Insignia was creeping up very slowly in the outside lane. I was approaching a car in my lane so put my foot down, indicated and started to move out. At this point the insignia was about 2 car lengths behind me and I thought by the time I've got my foot down I will have gained another car length or so before he's anywhere near... but no Mr Insignia driver had other ideas... he accelerated (must have floored it as he went from doing about 2mph faster than me 2 car lengths back to being on my bumper in a flash). Bearing in mind I had floored it with the DSG kicking down a couple of gears and had already hit over 80mph.

He then sat on my back bumper honking the horn with him and his (I presume) wife pointing furiously at the dashcam in the windscreen. I must admit to loosing my rag a bit and braking!

I passed the car I pulled out to overtake and gave him the wa***r sign (oops)... they continued to point to the camera... I just pointed to mine and mouth "so what?!"

You could be the star of a new youtube hit video then :D 

• Like 1

Always worries me about dashcams, you get people being dicks as they think that if there is an accident the dash cam will prove they were not at fault (rightly or wrongly), like if that ***** had hit you he'd be trying to use the dash footage to prove you pulled out on him.

Also noticed there are a fair few videos posted on youtube of bad driving where the camera car appears to be doing around 60 (slowly catching a lorry in the distance in the inside lane) and filming the impatient/aggressive responses caused by their presence in the wrong lane.

• Like 2

Always worries me about dashcams, you get people being dicks as they think that if there is an accident the dash cam will prove they were not at fault (rightly or wrongly), like if that ***** had hit you he'd be trying to use the dash footage to prove you pulled out on him.

Also noticed there are a fair few videos posted on youtube of bad driving where the camera car appears to be doing around 60 (slowly catching a lorry in the distance in the inside lane) and filming the impatient/aggressive responses caused by their presence in the wrong lane.

I call those types "dash cam warriors" who go out looking for trouble if they see they can cause it to get views and a bit of internet fame 

• Like 1

the solid whites thing. 

nearly as bad as the VXR corsa going up the inside haa. 

all caused by one of those annoying second lane hoggers though. urgh

Ah yeah, that bit, wouldn't do that myself but as the road was clear I decided too, she needed to realise she was effectively hogging the overtaking lane doing under the speed limit! I think the Corsa undertaking her helped her realise she has probably ****ed off a few people :D

• Like 1