The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

3 hours ago, Phil-E said:

Been away for a while guys but thought I'd pop in to share this gem:

As per the description he's been convicted finally! Idiot.

Good outcome! How come it took so long?

Seems that the police/CPS are a bit inconsistent with how they handle such cases. Driver in the clip below only got a driving course as punishment (start at 3 minutes ish) and it took about 6 months to sort:

They messed around for a while then had a court date a few months back.

I turned up for it (and so did he) but the previous case was running behind so it was cancelled.

Then the next available date was 2nd of march. I was out of the country so couldn't attend but it appears he pleaded guilty anyway.

They're been pretty tough on antisocial driving in North Yorkshire and they have "Operation Spartan" where they are willing people to report this type of behavior.

Wish I hadn't bothered in a way though as it causes a load of hassle. But glad it's finally finished and he's been taken care of.

On ‎07‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 17:52, mac11irl said:

@Phil-E

Did you find out through the court case what had caused him to be such an arse and do what he did??

Easy he hates Saabs, drives a pokey corsa & thinks his d1ck is bigger than everyone else's & want to prove it.....

Seen to many of this attitude when I lived in South London..

• 4 weeks later...

I never actually attended the case in the end as unfortunately I was offered a job interview for the same date and obviously had to priorities that over this.

And yes my guess is above. Young lad, first car thinks he's a big man and better than everyone else and needs to go out of his way to prove it.

I looked up the details of the car and it's a 1.0! He was obviously jealous of the mighty twin turbo! hehe

Woah. Just looked it up.

59bhp and 88nm of torque!

vs

180bhp and 400nm of torque.

I'm surprised I could keep up with him.

I've also noticed it's suddenly taxed and insured again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Hyphons said:

Not often I post here anymore! Was in the wrong for merging in front of him?

Not too sure why there's that much emphasis on 'merge in turn' when you'd just undertook him a few yards earlier!

So, in answer to your question and with regard to the circumstances leading up to it - yes you were in the wrong. :thumbdown:

• Thanks 1

Just now, john999boy said:

Not too sure why there's that much emphasis on 'merge in turn' when you'd just undertook him a few yards earlier!

So, in answer to your question and with regard to the circumstances leading up to it - yes you were in the wrong. :thumbdown:

Thanks John, I'll hold my hands up if that's the case, although I think we can agree Mr Ford driver shouldn't have rode in the back of my boot for the next mile! I'll let off in future and merge behind, I just didn't think it was a problem of merging ahead as the way I perceived it, there was a gap for me to merge into and I wasn't forcefully pushing myself in front of him, I suppose it's also a bit of an odd merge as most merge from the right and not from the left. 

Some of my favourite proverbs which can have driving related links.

If in doubt, don't.

Pride comes before a fall.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

All have a relevance in your situation I think.

Here endeth the lesson lol. :heart:

• Like 1

@Hyphons - The lane you're in is marked "Ahead and left turn" when I can see its markings. I can't see the markings for the RH lane, but presume it's either "Ahead only" or "Ahead and tight turn" from the actions of other traffic. So the Ford driver has "done nothing wrong". OTOH if you look closely at the Ford's nose as you move right it dips so you've forced it to brake. I was always taught that "forcing another road user to change course or speed" is wrong.

1 hour ago, KenONeill said:

@Hyphons - The lane you're in is marked "Ahead and left turn" when I can see its markings. I can't see the markings for the RH lane, but presume it's either "Ahead only" or "Ahead and tight turn" from the actions of other traffic. So the Ford driver has "done nothing wrong". OTOH if you look closely at the Ford's nose as you move right it dips so you've forced it to brake. I was always taught that "forcing another road user to change course or speed" is wrong.

Yes I completely agree with you mate, my only concern was, knowing it was merge in turn, the driver that was to my right would have slowed and allowed myself to merge in turn, but this has already been pointed out that I should have actually merged behind and not in front, I myself in the other drivers shoes, would have been slowing the second I saw I wasn't going left and only going straight on

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/01/2015 at 14:00, FUBAR said:

I posted this in another thread, but will fire it in here to get this thread started. 

NSFW ish

ok whos the UT fan here?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cssuk said:

ok whos the UT fan here?

I miss UT from the late 90's early 2000's 

i still play it daily we have a clan but its ut 2004 1999 goty doesnt have much of a following these days but you can still find servers online

• 1 month later...

From a while ago (yesterday's truck was overwritten) Just first 20sec

Edited by Aspman

I thought I'd forgotten to disable the sound recording. I'd have thought a few choice words would be said for that numpty.

Powrie Brae is no fun now with the average speed cameras on.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes very quiet so thought I'd share this little one from a few weeks back:

Would have been fine if he just got on with it and accelerated but he panicked and stopped!

A few from me: -

A Plumb Center van goes right across me as I'm turning right at the roundabout, forcing me to slam on the anchors.

Don't know what this dog owner was thinking allowing his dog to walk into the road as I'm heading towards them, had to swerve round the dog, wasn't impressed.

With my indicator on nice and early (fully functioning and clearly audible) that wasn't enough for the driver of this Fiesta who didn't even brake!

• Haha 1