The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

It's what happened after that was worse....... The car he nearly took out head on had 3 generations of one family onboard, on their way to a football match. I must await the slim possibility of court action before I can share any real details on it.  

Bloody hell!. They're very lucky then. I assume you have submitted your footage and given a statement to the police?

If so there is a strong possibility that you will be called as a witness to the hearing.

He's sure to be convicted of dangerous driving with that footage.

Phil

• Like 1

Another day, another person tries to make a new lane at the same junction.

I gave her a bit of a look as she levelled with me and she backed off then :)

Edited by softscoop

Bloody hell!. They're very lucky then. I assume you have submitted your footage and given a statement to the police?

If so there is a strong possibility that you will be called as a witness to the hearing.

He's sure to be convicted of dangerous driving with that footage.

Phil

Private motorist footage has never been used by the lazy PPS (NI version of CPS) here in court and the Police tend to have zero interest in such footage. This one though after more or less forcing the police to watch it was an eye opener for them and they requested it to try and use. Their job being to take statement(s) and report on to the PPS with a recommendation and then its out of their hands essentially. There is a fair bit more to this incident though which I would describe as utterly damning against the driver for their actions prior to and even more so after what's shown in the footage.... I have my own opinions / suspicions / educated guesses as to why, but alas they are not backed up by hard facts. 

To date I have heard nothing since and tbh I doubt I will hear anything again. The vehicle and the same driver is back on the road and I see it frequently on my travels and am yet to see it being driven at or below the speed limit. That is not to say I have seen it being driven recklessly at all, as I haven't. My bare minimum appeal to the police as to the footage was that at the very least they allow the driver to see how close they came to life changing carnage. The only positive thing so far was the officer dealing with it upon seeing wanting advice on dash cams for his own car and saying "you have no idea how much easier it would make our job if everyone could provide this sort of thing to us!". His opinion changed from "we will just let the drivers father deal with it as he was very cross" to seeking a prosecution. But as I said, I have my doubts over our rather lazy Public Prosecution Service daring to try and use something which is already common practice in the rest of the UK and most of the developed world in this field.

The campaign will continue regardless to get such footage to be an acceptable piece of supporting evidence to a single statement in the judicial system here. We now have a typically growing number of people using dash cameras and I was surprised at how quickly in the last 12 months it has grown here, but it really has. We have just over twice the road fatalities rate of the rest of the UK in NI and in my specific region we have 4 times higher death rate than the UK average. The road network is crap and the standard of driving is also well below par after decades of almost no effective road policing for obvious reasons, it has resulted in a driving culture of death. 

I met a man, he had no headlights on however he had his sidelights on, a couple of flashes and turning my dial from sidelight to headlight a couple of times and he switches them on as he goes by and shakes his mighty fist in the air :clap:

• Like 1

I met a man, he had no headlights on however he had his sidelights on, a couple of flashes and turning my dial from sidelight to headlight a couple of times and he switches them on as he goes by and shakes his mighty fist in the air :clap:

I go through that process on the drive home about 5 to 10 times a night. The most consistent offenders are marked police vehicles....... FML! Was going to do a compilation of the no lights on at all ones, but I really cba :( 

• Like 1

I go through that process on the drive home about 5 to 10 times a night. The most consistent offenders are marked police vehicles....... FML! Was going to do a compilation of the no lights on at all ones, but I really cba :(

I see a few, couple a week sometimes, not that much though :D

Edit - Maybe people who don't use there headlights have seen Accelerator to many times? :wonder:

I see a few, couple a week sometimes, not that much though :D

Edit - Maybe people who don't use there headlights have seen Accelerator to many times? :wonder:

The other extreme is the prats who don't dip their headlights and have to have their front fogs on too because they were dropped on their head numerous times as a baby....... I even more so detest the girl who sat behind me with her full beam on and dipped it for oncoming vehicles and then put it back on again. She did this from some distance behind me as she sped along and caught me up and kept doing it when behind me. WTF she was doing out of the kitchen I do not know! 

• Like 1

Circling on social media today, a very close shave indeed...

A lot of criticism on the dash cam car too claiming he was driving too close to the van.

Saw that a while back, my own view is the camera car slowed down after the van pulled in front so as to maintain a safe driving distance but perhaps didn't brake and rather just eased of the throttle, but I'm not to sure, but he certainly wasn't up his arse by a long way

• Like 1

Hyphons,

What format are your movies in from the camera (mov?) and what software are you using to edit them?

Hyphons,

What format are your movies in from the camera (mov?) and what software are you using to edit them?

Might not be able to answer the format question, I recently went from Windows 10 back to 7 and I know it resets what format you save the video in, I'll have a nosey when I'm on the PC

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Might not be able to answer the format question, I recently went from Windows 10 back to 7 and I know it resets what format you save the video in, I'll have a nosey when I'm on the PC

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

And are you just using Microsoft Movie Maker to edit them together? Or something else?

Bell End in a Range Rover who hit my car as he pulled out off his space then watched me get out of my car before looking at me and driving straight off. Luckily it looks like the bumper on my car absorbed the shock and flexed and on initial inspection it looks like the bodywork is ok.

Just after he leaves the field of view you notice my car rock to the side just before I say whoah.

Bell End in a Range Rover who hit my car as he pulled out off his space then watched me get out of my car before looking at me and driving straight off. Luckily it looks like the bumper on my car absorbed the shock and flexed and on initial inspection it looks like the bodywork is ok.

Just after he leaves the field of view you notice my car rock to the side just before I say whoah.

I would have been rather upset if that was me gurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :swear:

Double fail NSFW

1 Because of the stupid tit cutting in front of me

2 I perhaps let anger get the better of me and oversteered

Live and learn

I might add I have different wheels on the car currently (on a temp basis) and the tyre grip in the wet is absolute **** compared the my previous wheels/tyres

Typical Range Rover driver. Couldn't give a flying fork about anyone but himself.Report him to the police for leaving the scene of a collision. 

• Like 1