The Briskoda drive recorder video footage thread part 2

TeflonTom

DAT HAT PLACEMENT THO

FUBAR I'm unimpressed given your, how should we say, expertise in video editing :D

I know, but the glasses and hat are one green screen set together, so I could have either hat off or glasses off......... I stand by my decision :P 

• Like 1

If I hadn't started to slow as she passed me, she would have just rammed me.... I was doing the NSL ffs! 8 miles later and about 10 turns later we were going the same way and I am sat behind her in traffic. She also did some drifting about, which I assume was mobile phone related. 

What bugs me with that is I stick the limit, but I also carry on doing 60 through corners, but perhaps slow down if there 90 degree bends, if someone overtakes me it infuriates me! Because I just know I'll be back behind them by the next corner :D

Same here, general thing is tailgated for miles then bends they dont keep up and by time they do they have missed one of the few and far between chances to pass as we arrive at the next bends lol. In fact I have some footage of some wee turd from the other night who was fairly typical of this but tried something silly. :D My possibly pending court footage from a few months back involves one of these such drivers also.......... :nerd:

• Like 1

What bugs me with that is I stick the limit, but I also carry on doing 60 through corners, but perhaps slow down if there 90 degree bends, if someone overtakes me it infuriates me! Because I just know I'll be back behind them by the next corner :D

Ah yes, the old 'slow to 30 for every bend brigade' get on my tits too

• Like 1

And an "out to lunch" prius driver taking the wrong lane at a roundabout. Then I followed him to the next roundabout where he did the same thing but ended up behind me (and the pick up driver behind me who bullied him nearly into the gutter).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDeyA4hbpIU

And an "out to lunch" prius driver taking the wrong lane at a roundabout. Then I followed him to the next roundabout where he did the same thing but ended up behind me (and the pick up driver behind me who bullied him nearly into the gutter).

:wait: Did you tell him to sort is hat out? :D

I was on the limiter at 68mph.

It used to be proper FUBAR on the autobhan at 56mph on the limiter then a bike passes at 180-200mph entire cab rocks and you get the smell of rubber following it! 

That reminds me at the other side of the coin from the original drive recorder footage thread and this post: 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/260737-the-briskoda-drive-recorder-video-footage-thread/?p=3072633

Yeah I thought that Fuby.  Was tight though!  That is OK until the car next to you goes and someone else pulls in even closer.

each level might be a different car park for different businesses or something? 

Had a bit of an odd one tonight.

I was plodding along after a round about and filtered into the outside lane (indicated etc) and just coming up on the outside of a silver focus in a 40 zone, when I saw he had wandered close to the line, so I eased back a second, he then corrected, so I thought he had seen me, so I went to move on by at no real pace but he decided not to like that!

https://youtu.be/kJNiMEPty3ooo

I tooted my horn and he pulled back, for some reason he flicked his indicator and as I passed him he waved, as in I took it, as a sorry wave, to which I acknowledged by giving a friendly wave back to be polite.

He then followed me for another 12 miles speeding up to almost touching my bumper then backing off. Then in a local town he speed up behind me wheel spinning then tooted his horn wound his window down as I pulled off to the right and he started shouting obscenities!!

I think he must of thought that I had come up on the outside of him like a nutter or something?

Edit made unlisted..Oopps

Edited by Defenderben

Had a bit of an odd one tonight.

I was plodding along after a round about and filtered into the outside lane (indicated etc) and just coming up on the outside of a silver focus in a 40 zone, when I saw he had wandered close to the line, so I eased back a second, he then corrected, so I thought he had seen me, so I went to move on by at no real pace but he decided not to like that!

https://youtu.be/kJNiMEPty3ooo

I tooted my horn and he pulled back, for some reason he flicked his indicator and as I passed him he waved, as in I took it, as a sorry wave, to which I acknowledged by giving a friendly wave back to be polite.

He then followed me for another 12 miles speeding up to almost touching my bumper then backing off. Then in a local town he speed up behind me wheel spinning then tooted his horn wound his window down as I pulled off to the right and he started shouting obscenities!!

I think he must of thought that I had come up on the outside of him like a butter or something?

Set the video to unlisted, that way the video is watchable to those with the link only, when it's private only you can see it :thumbup:

Bloke in a Micra who decided, while I was in the process of overtaking him and a truck with my right indicator left on (so I couldn't have been seen more!), to pull out in front of me without indicating, forcing me to slam on and abandon my overtake. I rarely use the C-word but I think it's justified here!

• Like 3

Very similar thing has happened to me once, in this instance I was overtaking 2 lorries with a Mercedes driver inbetween the 2, about 3 other cars had just overtaken the 2 lorries without pulling back in, I made the decision it would be safer to carry on overtaking all 3 as by this time I had reached about 60 - 65 (yes I am very against speeding but when overtaking on a country lane I would rather just get it over with, also this was a very straight road with much visibility ahead) but as I passed the first lorry, the Mercedes driver pulled straight out, 60 down to 40, David was very ****ed off! I only have a 3 pot engine and it took me long enough to make it to 60 :D

What did I learn? To tap the horn when overtaking more than 1 vehicle on a country lane to make them aware of you