Hooray the Sport is going.

I'm very happy with my Vitara (replaced my previous Grand Vitara) and have had great treatment from the Dealership. Much more friendly impersonal type of place :) Only fault I have on mine is the headlights are set too high and the dealer reckons they are spot on :( Might have to ask them to check them again methinks

• Like 1

Great news Stormchaser, that car has been a dog for you!

Always liked the Suzuki Swift, looks a very tidy car indeed.

I would chapter & verse the Rapid experience to the MD/CEO of Skoda UK.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I agree it's no comparison to the Rapid its in a different class which I like. Shame but the Rapid was just a nightmare and no help from Skoda. I won't be writing to them as I'm just glad to be out of it. After 9 years owning Skodas it's a bit sad but there's nothing else in the range I like/want and also the prices are getting too high when the Swift has every extra as standard and £3K cheaper than a fully specced Fabia (for example).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I agree it's no comparison to the Rapid its in a different class which I like. Shame but the Rapid was just a nightmare and no help from Skoda. I won't be writing to them as I'm just glad to be out of it. After 9 years owning Skodas it's a bit sad but there's nothing else in the range I like/want and also the prices are getting too high when the Swift has every extra as standard and £3K cheaper than a fully specced Fabia (for example).

I'd still write to them though.  They need to know what a nightmare its been for you.  Particularly how many years you've had Skoda's previously.

Like the colour as well  My Punto is a very similar colour looks really nice when clean and polished.

Edited by Matt_West_Mids

I think Rapid to Swift is way more understandable than Skyline to Rapid (even with several years gap).  I cant imagine any Skyline owner ever driving what I do.

I went from Scooby Turbo to Golf Diesel, so I have at least some sympathy :D

• Like 1

I'd still write to them though. They need to know what a nightmare its been for you. Particularly how many years you've had Skoda's previously.

This assumes that Skoda UK actually care, something it has demonstrated time and time again that it doesn't. All the more reason why Stormchaser is best out of it, he's been on the thick end of Skoda's customer indifference more than many of us.

• Like 1

It saddened me to read of the problems you've encountered with your Crapid.

Your experiences remind me of my own experiences with a Schitroen.

I found it a relief to finally get rid of the Schitroen and start afresh with a car of different make.

I know two owners of Swifts, and they are both delighted with their cars.

I'm sure you will be with yours.

• Like 1

Thanks Chris you're right. I hope none of you or new owners have to go through so many problems.

This of course could come back to haunt you.

What if the new owner of your Rapid joins up with Briskoda, did you leave a sticker on? :D

• Like 2

When asked whether his company would consider working with Volkswagen again, Suzuki chairman Osamu Suzuki said: “You will not remarry someone you have divorced. It used to feel as if a small bone were stuck in my throat. I feel so refreshed now.”

Well that seems clear then! :D

• Like 1

Glad your crapid nightmare has ended! Hopefully you'll enjoy the swift as much as the citigo.

Oh aren't Suzuki part owned by VW??

Had me worried there. This all Japanese but built in Hungary [emoji6]

The head unit is half Garmin and half Panasonic.

Picked it up earlier . Great drive home but gotta run it in until 600 miles so won't get much out of the VVT yet :(

I love the colour, car looks great :) I was worried that my smallish tank on the Vitara might be a problem, but it turns out I can go 500 miles between refills. Suzuki make the cars that Fiat wished they did themselves.  

• Like 1

Yes very true that. It's a cracking little engine. I haven't tried the surge of power after 4K to 7K rpm as its got to be loosened until at least 600 miles it states. It's giving an instant of 49mpg but apparently they're very optimistic on the read outs by 5%+ but early days after only 48 miles haha.

Love the Vitara. I was reading about yours earlier. I saw a fully loaded Black one in there showroom today and it's a beauty to look at :)