Hooray the Sport is going.

More stickers and Heko deflectors fitted.

f8cdf2808ae9d0299c1d519ed57be22a.jpg

c61e51437565e33f508fb48734968dd0.jpg

Wanting to do wheels swap already. I've found some nice Wolfrace Asia Tec JDM edition.

5x114.3/7.5j offset 42.

06117f261b2a1af69ab8fa3304cae153.jpg

Strange PCD on the Suzuki but a nice offset to push it out a bit more.

Looking at Tein lowering springs for a 40mm drop as the Swift also has bad arch gaps but fitted with Monroe sport shocks as standard.

Future mods could be full induction kit and cat back exhaust system but both of them are very serious money.

Japanese = expensive:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Stormchaser
  • Like 2

^^^ I got a lift in a Kia Venga at the weekend, I said to the owner, this seat seems high, like sitting on a dining chair. He said my missus already calls it an old codgers car, upright seats and easy to get in and out of.

• Like 1

I still cant understand why a fan of such vibrant youthful cars would ever have considered in the first place such an old codger's motor as a Skoda Rapid (with it's hint of pension-day queues at ASDA)

Me too. I was just staying loyal to Skoda after 9 years of having them (bad mistake) I was going to get a Swift instead of the Rapid. Shame really because if the Rapid was all ok I'd still have it now.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after 6 months I'm having to part with the Swift. The ride is just too harsh on my back. It's starting to niggle it again so it's got to go. Shame really as its great fun to own/drive. They are a very firm ride but it's beating the hell out of my back. It'll probably be ok for a younger person but obviously not for me at 50 years old.

I've now done a deal on a Lexus ct200h and they're taking the Swift too. Just fell in love with all the leather and top spec of the Lexus and the hybrid is a great drive.

• Like 2

That's a shame but if you can't get comfy in a car then better to part ways.

My Toledo gives me neck/shoulder pain over long distance drives yet my MX-5 is a very comfy on long drives. You sort of sit on the seats in the Toledo whereas you sit in the seats in the MX-5, rather like sitting on a dining chair v your armchair at home. It's bearable in the Toledo as I don't do many long trips.

The Lexus sounds nice, we need pics when you get it. :D

THE RAPID IS A BUDGET CAR!!! No doubt whatsoever at all, it is and that's a fact, end of. It does however look good from all angles except dead front on, where it looks like a narrow boat. I wish in the brief test drive I'd known that it doesn't tell u when it's low on screen wash, the constant noise from the drivers door creaking, the increasingly louder noise from the suspension as it goes over speed bumps, the dreadful notchy gear change, that the boot doesn't always unlock dispute hitting unlock 27 times on the remote. I could go on but it's too depressing . It's a s#!£ car!

Thanks Mick. I know what you mean. It's just too firm yet the seats are very comfy yet I think it's too bone shattering for me. I will get pics up of the Lexus next week when I get it.

Well after 6 months I'm having to part with the Swift. The ride is just too harsh on my back. It's starting to niggle it again so it's got to go. Shame really as its great fun to own/drive. They are a very firm ride but it's beating the hell out of my back. It'll probably be ok for a younger person but obviously not for me at 50 years old.

I've now done a deal on a Lexus ct200h and they're taking the Swift too. Just fell in love with all the leather and top spec of the Lexus and the hybrid is a great drive.

Stormchaser, just noticed your post about doing away with the Swift. That's a shame, will you loose much on that deal? I know you lost a fair bit to get out of the crapid. Hope the new car goes well for you please let us know how you get on.

@ Nels. Yes lost quite a bit doing the deal but it had to be done. The Lexus is all luxury.

@ Camelspyyder. Headroom is perfectly ok inside especially for me at 6'4" [emoji4]

The seats are all electric but I still didn't need to go down that much.

Thanks Mick. I know what you mean. It's just too firm yet the seats are very comfy yet I think it's too bone shattering for me. I will get pics up of the Lexus next week when I get it.

How did you find the ride quality in the CT200? I had one for an extended test drive and found the ride to be quite unforgiving. A result of the weight of the batteries I'd imagine. The interior is certainly a huge step up compared with the mechanically similar Prius.

A work colleague has one and rates it highly - he takes great please in maximising his MPG.

Edited by pinkpanther

The ride was great. Didn't notice any harshness as I was keeping an eye out for it considering what the Swift is like on low profiles. It was a quiet comfy drive for a car sat on 225/45x17 Goodyear tyres. The only ct200 I've read about being harsh is the F Sport which gets lots of complaints. With the batteries being under the back seat the weight is very evenly distributed giving it little body roll and an even ride through bends. I was totally surprised how good these cars are.

This is the only picture I have of it so far.

b9840a164359ce29471b22969f1451a0.jpg

Edited by Stormchaser

That's a good looking motor - how big is the boot?

Sent from my iPhone 6S Plus using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

Stormchaser your a legend, if you don't like a car you just go and bloody change it. You lose money in the pursuit of happiness and that's to be admired. As long as I've been dissatisfied with my Rapid you have changed yours and are now on your third car. Good for you, please stay in touch as I'd love to know if you find happiness and I hope you do.

Thanks Nels.

If I don't like something I will change it regardless. Maybe that's good or bad?

I couldn't put up with the Rapid sadly due to problems and the Swift is too much a hard ride for me. I have lost on all occasions but I will search for something satisfying to me. The Lexus is more than that. I know it's not a brand new one but its history is full and good with no warranty work or problems. Just 100% Lexus history right up to date.

I'm on my 42nd car at 31 years old. There's no such thing as a perfect car I'm afraid.

I really wanted to like the CT, had a 24hr demo through work, but found the suspension unacceptably hard. Might I suggest a 2nd test drive over some bumpy roads?

I'm on my 42nd car at 31 years old. There's no such thing as a perfect car I'm afraid.

I really wanted to like the CT, had a 24hr demo through work, but found the suspension unacceptably hard. Might I suggest a 2nd test drive over some bumpy roads?

Well over 100 cars for me now, but the rate of change has slowed considerably in the last few years.

I feel some kind of Hybrid is definitely the future for me. I initially drove a Prius, but found the interior a bit low rent and the driving experience compromised by the CVT gearbox. I then tested a CT200. This was a much nicer place to sit, but again the driving dynamics left me cold, especially the harsh ride, numb steering and irritating CVT box. I really wanted to like the IS300h, but again the driving experience was a little disappointing. Felt nowhere near 200 BHP+ on the road, the interior / refinement / on-board tech were however excellent.

I remember asking the salesman what MPG to expect from the Prius and was given the stock answer of 70 mpg+. In practice however high forties to low fifties seemed to be the norm (roughly equivalent to a small diesel). Town MPG is the hybrids forte, but long distance driving saw the MPG fall.

The last Lexus I actually enjoyed owning / driving was a GS300 SE (2005). The Lexus buying experience is second to none - they are very attentive and after-sales is the best I've experienced from any manufacturer.

My current choice would be the later / current shape GS450h, but would need to wait for them to fall to affordable levels second hand.

Edited by pinkpanther