Whiteline, Eibach or H&R RARB owners...

Fr0d

How do you find your VRS's handle in wintery conditions with any of the the above fitted?

Keep hearing of it being one of the best value mods, but is it safe and practical for snowy roads? Cheers.

Get winter wheels and tyres on and drive to the conditions. Ours is lowered (H&R -50mm Cup Kit) and has a Whiteline RARB fitted. Awesome in the winter with the Continental WinterContact TS850's and 16" wheels fitted. Been up in the highlands in heavy snow and never faltered.

The lower you go the less the depth of snow required before the front end starts acting like a snow plough. I'm lowered c20mm on Eibachs but only occured a couple of times.

Right, I guess my decision is made, then - until, I change my mind, that is!  :rofl:

H&R, with their Teflon mounts, seem to be the best of that bunch, as I've heard certain off-putting reports of Whitelines squeaking after a while. Or are they all now pretty well much of a muchness?

Cheers

i had autotech (hollow) bar - light, but squeaked like a ******.  even tried different bushes which helped but didn't eliminate the noise.  replaced with H&R bar, a little heavier (but tbh that makes no difference when its on the car) but much better quality bushes with inserts - totally quiet like an oem bar.

no negative effects in snowy conditions vs. oem as far as i could tell.

Great guys - just what I wanted to hear! I also forgot to mention, I have zero interest in lowering the car, so It would only be matched up with OEM suspension, if that means anything.

Any of you have a part number and link for said H&R item? All for a CR vRS, that is.

Thanks

Right.

After some monumental digging, I think I've finally found the part number for the H&R item I want - 33258 HA2. Rear H&R bars seem like hen's teeth (i don't need the front) to buy.

Can someone please verify this, before I make another expensive mistake?

Ta.

Can you buy just the rear? I've only ever seen them sold in pairs. Would be interested in one if could be bought separately. From what I gather front doesn't make a massive difference like the rear, is this true?

Can you buy just the rear? I've only ever seen them sold in pairs. Would be interested in one if could be bought separately. From what I gather front doesn't make a massive difference like the rear, is this true?

forget the internet - pick up the phone to AKS, no problem to buy just the rear from them.  :thumbup:

doing both F+R is going to give you the best setup, but the biggest benefit over stock is to beef up the rear, which is also the easier of the two to fit, hence why many (myself included) just do the rear.