Skoda Emissions

I had put my VIN into the Skoda website check and was surprised mine wasn't affected as it is a 2012 VRS CR. I have now received a letter this morning stating it is part of the recall. Don't take the web check as gospel.

Who sent the recall letter out? Your local dealer or Skoda UK?

The website could be correct and the dealer is just sending out letters to all CR diesel car owners from 2008-2014?

I wouldn't take either as gospel tbf

When PD injectors were recalled alot of the customers who had received letters weren't affected. At the time you didnt know untill you took the rocker cover off + checked in injector part numbers

Edited by mattvrestate

I've just got two separate letters today from SUK.

Both our nearly new Yeti Monte Carlo and Octaviva Blackline are affected.

No fix in place yet, but they have assured me the cost to us will be nil.

Can I have thousands of pounds Mr SUK to compensate what we've lost in value due to this mess?

Have been on the Skoda website and there is a check box for the emissions!

Found out I have been affected by this stealth software! Oh the fun, car has been stage one tuned (Shark) so no doubt Skoda will be anal about the tune and the software setup lol

Dear ŠKODA customer,

We regret to inform you that the Type EA 189 engine built into your vehicle with the Vehicle Identification you submitted, is affected by software that causes discrepancies in the values for oxides of nitrogen (NOx) during dynometer runs. Your car is safe from a technical standpoint and roadworthy.

We are very sorry to have broken your trust and are working at full speed to find a technical solution. ŠKODA will cover the cost relating directly to this repair.

We will be in touch with you directly to explain what steps are required. We'll do the necessary work at our cost and have you back on the road as quickly as possible.

Yours faithfully,

ŠKODA. 

I'm in a similar boat mate. My MK 2 FL 170 VRS CR is running a stage 1 and was immediately concerned, on receiving the exact same letter that Skoda would play silly buggers if they establish the ECU has been played around with/removed.

I spoke to the remapper who informed me that they will put the map back on 'free of charge'. Apparently, some variants of the VAG engines need only a software crack which mine falls under, thankfully.

The rep was unable to comment unfortunately on how Skoda may or may not react where running a mapped vehicle is concerned and my research does draw up blanks.

Perhaps someone can shed light on this?

Just got my letter from SUK today saying my '12 plate Octavia VRS was affected....feeding the VIN into the website confirmed this. Now my main concern is that if I have the mods done my performance and fuel economy will be adversely affected. The reasons I bought the VRS were that it was quick and did 50mpg (not to mention that it swallows all my windsurfing kit with ease)! I just don't want to lose the cars driveability.

Now here's a bit of wishful thinking:

My 1.6 L engine is to have the service work (note, not a recall) to change the injectors. The current version of the engine in EU6 guise gives lower emissions but also more power, lower fuel consumption and better acceleration.

What chance is there that they will use the EU6 injectors and map the engine to the current production specification?

My glass is half full!

Well, you can tell them what do you want or do not want. If you insist on NOT updating software then they have no rights to do it. If they do then you probably got some institution that protects consumer rights.

Sure, if you got warranty then they might have the rights to do such stuff and you shouldn't avoid that to keep the warranty valid.

Edited by Jevpls

Website says my 62 plate VRS diesel is one of the cars and got the letter from SUK today as well. I'm lucky as I was waiting for the 3 year point before remapping so still standard for now. Waiting now until this is all resolved before mapping. 

Got the letter today!

2 out of 2, lol if only l was this lucky on the lottery

Due MOT soon, be getting it done then wait out to see what drama's appear after the software update has been done?

I've had a letter from Skoda UK and had the confirmation on the website. My concern is if you have a remapper that wants to charge to put the map back on who will pay for it? Skoda UK? Good luck to anyone trying to get £500 refunded to re-apply a map!

we have had our car 3 months now and we got the letter today which  makes me a bit annoyed, as when we test drove the Octavia cr170 we have now it felt a bit lacking in pulling power but as our trade in car was a 2008 mazda 3 re-mapped dpf removed etc running at about 195 hp.we thought a re-map on this car would put things on par if not more but now feels like we are stuck with what feels like a expencive under powered car and no sign of when things are going to get sorted so i can get the car how i want. ie re-mapped. 

Paid £150 (over a year ago) but took ECU off for them to flash to save £50.

Iv had custom remaps quotes for less than £400 (darkside + RS tuning for a hybrid turbo with rolling road time).

Cant see how Shark can charge that much?? That cant be right? Even if they didnt start with a base map file (which they always do) there is still not even 1/2 day in labour rolling road or driving down the road and no parts whatsoever.. i wouldnt pay anyone £500 for a full days work let alone 1/2 a day lol

Can anyone tell me what the ramifications would be if you ignore the recall?? Ive got the octavia vrs which has been mapped. What could the long term and short term problems be of not having the recall

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk