What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

and a new OSR spring needed as the current one has snapped!

FFS, does explain the occasional knocking that I put down to over sensitive hearing on my part. Going to be an expensive trip :(

13320591_10154139543520761_3302081382916

Edited by zeffania

Cleaned it.

Finally got round to spending a bit of time with it today because it was filthy!

A couple of before shots:

IMG_0352_zpsawtyukt6.jpg

IMG_0353_zpsmacef9uw.jpg

Not as bad as it has been dirt wise but the tar was horrendous, and the wheel arches.

Windscreen trims removed along with number plates and towing eye cover, washed and masked off a couple of bits of trim and along the bottom of the windows.

IMG_0354_zps14pwgr1s.jpg

IMG_0355_zpslfq0nyfi.jpg

Yes, I know the mud flap is a bit dirty still but that got dealt with.

IMG_0357_zpshasfv9bm.jpg

IMG_0358_zpsms8fyaiq.jpg

Then I gathered up the mud from the wheel arches...

IMG_0359_zpsuy0dqnha.jpg

Wheel arches washed out, snow foamed, power washed, washed with Megs Gold class then clayed with G3 clay mitt and G3 Body Prep shampoo, polished with G3 Professional Scratch Remover with the DA, waxed with AG HD wax and then some Sonax BSD on top, window rubbers and grill trims ect treat with AG bumper and trim care, windows cleaned with Megs glass cleaner, tyres given a quick rub over with some AG tyre dressing, interior hoovered out and cleaned with some AG Viny and rubber care, leather cleaned with AG leather cleaner and some AG leather care applied. Started at around half 8 this morning, had an hour or so break before polishing as it was so hot you could see the heat coming off the roof so I had an hour off and then did the interior while it cooled down enough, then finished at around half 7 this evening. Long day but it's done now. That tar was a nightmare to remove though as it was all over the car, all up the doors, all over the back and quite big bits to.

• Like 2

Fitted the underbonnet sound shield to my Octy 3. Dunno about the sound insulation properties, but it adds a pleasant "thunk" when it's closed rather than the usual tinny "clang".

Got it from Bickerton Skoda, Sheffield. Took a week to arrive because APC delivery failed last Wednesday. Didn't leave a card either. We were both in all day too. Only found out when I took a call late Friday afternoon saying they were going to return it unless I got in touch by the end of the day.

Full marks to Bickerton, nul points to APC.

I've been to Sheffield twice since I ordered it - drove past Bickerton both times. Doh!

Edited by FlyingGecko

Recently got myself another Roomster (third one - what am I going to replace this one with now they aren't available any more?) so fitted my Westfalia detachable towbar. Cut the access hole in the bumper and painted the new cover piece. Whilst working at this end of the car I fitted a Rearguard bumper protector (as I managed to scratch the last two Roomie bumpers) Then fitted a set of sill protectors that were an Ebay bargain - makes me feel less bad about standing on the sills when I'm polishing the roof.

As that lot went quite well I carried on and fitted front and rear dashcams (pinched the idea of taking a switched 12v supply from the rear wiper as mentioned on the Yeti forum - great idea and very neat)

That just leaves a set of drl's to fit once I find a decent set of E-marked lamps that suit the car without looking tacked-on.

Scanned it for fault codes and got this;

Address 01: Engine       Labels: 038-906-019-AJM.LBL
   Controller: 038 906 019 HT
   Component: 1,9l R4 EDC 0000SG  1503
   Coding: 00002
   Shop #: WSC 13765
   VCID: 709331C423BB
   TMBMS46Y5337XXXXX     SKZ7Z0B1732182
1 Fault Found:
17965 -  Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
            P1557 - 35-00 -   -
Readiness: N/A

Ross Tech wiki answer:

17965/P1557/005463 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation Possible Symptoms
  • Reduced power output
  • Limp mode
Possible Causes
  • Boost Pressure too High :giggle:
  • Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected, blocked or leaking
  • Charger Pressure Control defective
    • VNT (variable nozzle turbo): nozzles stuck
  • Solenoid Valve for Boost Pressure Control (N75) defective

Well, I guess that's what happens when you map a PD100 to a PD154 :D

• Like 1

Serviced it and broke it...

One of the bolts holding the armour plating under the engine snapped off.

Couldn't get it out this afternoon. Left it soaking in penetrating oil tonight, will try fire in the morning.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

3 minute video that isn't terribly exciting, but this is basically what I bought the car for.

Rounding up Sheep?  :giggle:

I replaced the indicator stalk, no more clicking hazzard switch woohoo!!  :moon:

Also replaced the drivers window regulator, it came out in about 6 pieces, it seems it had exploded inside the door  :o

Rounding up Sheep? :giggle:

I replaced the indicator stalk, no more clicking hazzard switch woohoo!! :moon:

Also replaced the drivers window regulator, it came out in about 6 pieces, it seems it had exploded inside the door :o

Scaring sheep with a jcb mainly, and getting rained on.

Drove from Derby to Rochester and back for a meeting today.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nicked the seats to make a couple of computer chairs  :D

IMG_1715_zpsxnhiokoq.jpg

They actually came out of an Evo 8

All I did to the car was try to update the Columbus maps, only to find I am on the latest maps already.  :thumbup:

• Like 3

Fitted Night Breaker Unlimited bulbs in the front foglights.

Plus the other day I installed the Skoda multimedia headrest holder so the little 'un can watch movies on his iPad when he's in the car.