What did you do to your Skoda today pt2

chrisgreen

No rear seat OR SEAT BELTS? Surely standard fitting for donkey's years?

Read his project thread - they be gone to save weight for trackdays..

also probably why the wiring is "loose and un supported..

No rear seat OR SEAT BELTS? Surely standard fitting for donkey's years?

Took them out, don't need them. ;)

Read his project thread - they be gone to save weight for trackdays..

also probably why the wiring is "loose and un supported..

Thanks. As for the wiring looms, the one that runs from front to back below the doors was stripped to remove the CD changer loom to sell the changer and loom to a member over on the FB page, that left everything loose there and the tailgate had to be replaced when I smashed the window so I cut the old looms off and joined them to the new ones and just hung them inside because I couldn't get them through the tailgate. That'll have to be looked into tomorrow. If the car had carpets in they wouldn't have seen the under-door loom anyway. That's annoying.

Thanks - I need to get my eyes tested. :(

Na, your eyes are fine.  :yes:

Fitted the new alloys I bought off RichieJ, along with the newer style Skoda centre caps

20uzl1v.jpg

And then painted up the scabby looking calipers

adhgl4.jpg

Took them out, don't need them. ;)

Thanks. As for the wiring looms, the one that runs from front to back below the doors was stripped to remove the CD changer loom to sell the changer and loom to a member over on the FB page, that left everything loose there and the tailgate had to be replaced when I smashed the window so I cut the old looms off and joined them to the new ones and just hung them inside because I couldn't get them through the tailgate. That'll have to be looked into tomorrow. If the car had carpets in they wouldn't have seen the under-door loom anyway. That's annoying.

Na, your eyes are fine. :yes:

Haven't you heard of duct tape????????

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Not today but on Tuesday I dropped the mrs' vRS off to have all four wheels fully refurbed....

All four are showing their eleven years of age and two of them have been needing to be topped up with air every few days due to corrosion causing the air to escape slowly. So left the car with the wheel place for a few days while working nights and the wife is recovering from her surgery and can't drive the car.

I thanked it for having not excessively low suspension - met a guy at work to get some forms signed off, lives up a farm lane quite rough and uneven. Got the yard and parked up behind a bora. Turned out it was his son's which was parked there up on jacks with the front bumper off... him and his buddy had fitted lowerimg springs to it last week... rsult - a ride like a turf cart according to his dad, and the son splitting the sump on the way up the lane on Wednesday :D

This morning - brought it to local apple green. Their jet wash setup is quite handy as you pay €2 for 3mins of each utem as you want it. So pressure wash, then snow foam, let it sit a while and reapply. Brought a couple of micro fibres with me, to give it a good rub down, then 2rounds of pressure hose. One just for wheel arches!

Came home and cleaned the wheels with a spray bottle. Gave it a rub down with some quick wax and shine stuff i got free about 2yrs ago. Bit crap tbh, but so is the paintwork anyway!

then got all windows cleaned inside interior plastic cleaned down.

And finally..

Put on me briskoda sticker :thumbup:

post-84511-0-76090900-1458389923_thumb.jpg

Please excuse the mazda dealer plate surround :D

Edited by mac11irl
  • Like 1

Collected the Mrs' vRS from having it's alloys refurbed. She just wanted the OEM look and they look brilliant again now after eleven years of daily use. Going to try and get the foglight surrounds sprayed soon then fit them after the originals were nicked last year.

post-9093-0-41602300-1458594747_thumb.jpeg

post-9093-0-72817500-1458594760_thumb.jpeg

post-9093-0-77367200-1458594772_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Fitted a new dipstick noticed the piece just down from the handle was disintegrating. So picked up a new one from TPS before it fell apart.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Dropped the Yeti off for its first service :thumbup:

Cheers for the like :D not gonna lie, i expected more and was a bit disappointed i had got any!!