Problems with new car paintwork

Hi, picked up my car new VRS on Friday. I printed off a checklist I got from this site and ticked it off as I checked. I washed and waxed it yesterday and when I look real close I can see what looks like rust/tar spots on the car. Phoned the dealer and they reckon it's tar, I've tried to get it off but that's a no go. Anybody know what it could be?

c881c15bebbde8341eb5e50858ffdae3.jpge0aafcc7c89ee84da87e04e74ec1025b.jpg99c7916e3515461d5f276cc82345baf8.jpg

I got my new vRS home last Thursday, gave it a wash and a polish on Saturday and noticed lots of black contaminants all over the back bumper - the flat bit on the bumper where the estate boot lid is. Will give it a coat of IronX and tardis next time followed by a clay and a polish. I'm sure they will come out just fine.

+1 for iron deposits. this shocked me also having my first white car, well a new one with good paintwork. My last audi was white but imported from south africa and the paint was naff and a bit of a beater. I Have had loads of cars of all coloUrs and never noticed it before, But first wash on my new VRS in candy white and its covered in them. Im getting some tardis and a clay mitt for mine but i did get it off with AG tar spot remover but took more elbow grease than i think should be necessary so hopefully tardis and clay will make it easier.

+1 for iron deposits. this shocked me also having my first white car, well a new one with good paintwork. My last audi was white but imported from south africa and the paint was naff and a bit of a beater. I Have had loads of cars of all coloUrs and never noticed it before, But first wash on my new VRS in candy white and its covered in them. Im getting some tardis and a clay mitt for mine but i did get it off with AG tar spot remover but took more elbow grease than i think should be necessary so hopefully tardis and clay will make it easier.

Thats amazing mate.

Any thing with oxalic acid will remove it. On my old car I cut a rhubarb and press it on the stains and just wipe off with microfiber towle. (rhubarb has oxalic acid).

I think we went "full science" there! [emoji2][emoji2][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I ended up getting mine properly detailed after collection. Guy said the condition of the paint was pretty bad (save for the iron contamination I didn't think it too bad!)but he was really impressed with it once he had worked his magic (so was i).

Despite that he said it was one of the better new cars he had seen. The worse one was a Beemer he had done recently!