Water collecting under door

• 2 weeks later...

Car was in for a service today (Henrys Skoda Glasgow) got them to have a look at the door seals. I was expecting the issue that others have experienced but to there credit they agreed to replace them under warranty only small issue is that they are on back order.

My my16 has no issue with the doors. The seals have holes in them along the bottom. Would anyone like a picture of these for reference?

Mine was a MY16 and didn't have them...the ones they replaced them with have the holes.

No more wet feet in the morning when I open the door!

My my16 has no issue with the doors. The seals have holes in them along the bottom. Would anyone like a picture of these for reference?

Yes please. My car has to make its regular trip to dealer for more fettling so I would like to get new door seals ordered through them

Yes please. My car has to make its regular trip to dealer for more fettling so I would like to get new door seals ordered through them

Sorry for the delay, I even over exposed the shots to show up the holes! ;)

20160513_185657_zpsu3w0i3dt.jpg

20160513_185647_zpsziztzmf9.jpg

• Like 2

Mine too, 2016 Scout has the holes, only on the front doors though!!! Making me envious seeing your mud flaps :envy:

Good point, I never checked the rears!!

The flaps seem good. Need to fit them properly, I want to put some gloss black vinyl under them to cover the gaps! ;)

Mine too, 2016 Scout has the holes, only on the front doors though!!! Making me envious seeing your mud flaps :envy:

I only had the water collecting issue on the front doors though, so...

I have the same problem, reported them and there are no replacements, they only drilled something, even worse different on the left and the right doors.

And in the end,  I noticed, there is still water retention in the doors, maybe not high as before, but certain amount as well.

I presume new seals are maybe different, so drilling similar holes on older seals may not produce desired results.

:rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:  :rain:

I have the same problem, reported them and there are no replacements, they only drilled something, even worse different on the left and the right doors.

If your car is still under warranty, I would show them this thread and insist as there certainly are replacement/upgraded seals!

I haven't had any water issues from the doors since new so as far as I'm concerned these seals work. May be worth getting a part number??

Part numbers from earlier in this thread are:

5E0837697C

5E0837698C

The dealer gave me a copy of the worksheet for the warranty work they did on mine, so I will try and dig that out when I get home and confirm what they have on there.

My new 2016 Octavia hatch dont have this problem, and it those have holes in the seals.

What I dont understand is why the holes should help?

On my car the sills is getting dirty way past the seals, so I'm wondering if the fix from Skoda is that the seals dont seal so good as it did before, and should........

Lucky you when you can make 30k mistakes.

Luck has nothing to do with it. Worked bl00dy hard since I left school. Now at an age when it's paying off.

Bought the vRS used at £17.5k, a year old. I added a few £££ to my SE in PX. Long gone are the days I'd buy new.

Edited by FlyingGecko

What I dont understand is why the holes should help?

My best guess is that - especially when on a slope - rain water or heavy dew runs around the door gaps somewhere and ends up between the outer seal and the inner seal/door frame. The holes allow the water to drain out...without them, the water pools on the door sill between the seals.

• 2 weeks later...

20160513_185657_zpsu3w0i3dt.jpg

Door seals replaced yesterday same as above. Will monitor and advise if I have further issues.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I confirm. Numbers "C"

5E0837697C

5E0837698C

I'm after  replacing seals in Limerick.

No more water under doors!!!   :happy:  :dance:  :dance:

Edited by Bandini