Amundsen MIB1 Map Updates are now available!

First attempt failed with an error on unpacking the .zip file :-(

as Aki said, there was also a problem with the last maps when using  7zip. Extracting with WinRar solved the problem.

This was the downloader itself failing on the unpacking the first time around.

I'll try WinRAR on the .zip file.  7zip and Windows built-in .zip tools don't like it.

Edited by iriches

Just to confirm that all downloaded and installed properly for me using the downloader I did not use a separate extractor program.

I understand that people have different set ups. Mine was windows 10 64 bit

Successfully transferred using WinRAR.  No idea why the downloader failed (Win 7 64-bit).

** -- UPDATE -- **

Works just fine in the car.  It may just be wishful thinking, but route calculation seems a fair bit quicker.

Edited by iriches

I'd appreciate some advice as I'm unclear about how to install this. I've downloaded the new files to my PC. Initially failed to unpack using Win 7 / 7Zip but have now done so using WINRAR. Is it now just a case of deleting existing directories from the SatNav card and copying the new unpacked ones onto the card in their place or is there a more sophisticated process involved?

I'd appreciate some advice as I'm unclear about how to install this. I've downloaded the new files to my PC. Initially failed to unpack using Win 7 / 7Zip but have now done so using WINRAR. Is it now just a case of deleting existing directories from the SatNav card and copying the new unpacked ones onto the card in their place or is there a more sophisticated process involved?

That's what I did.  Worked for me.  Note: the card may have the little write-protect tab moved into the lock position, which you'll need to move back before you can delete / write.

Edited by iriches

Excellent. Thanks for the speedy response. I have backed up the old files just in case! 

good idea, that was going to be my exact reply..

Cheers for the heads up :)

Win rar will be a quicker way to do it definitely, you can use the downloader tool to do it but it will take longer & you might have to disable your anti virus in-order for unpacking to work to the SD card

Update done and all working nicely! :)

It might be my imagination but the 'autozoom' seems to be behaving a little more respectably now. Before it would decide (even with autozoom switched off) that it needed to be 1 or 2 miles above the map. Tested it before and it seemed not to be doing that...will keep a watchful eye...  :ph34r:

Works just fine in the car.  It may just be wishful thinking, but route calculation seems a fair bit quicker.

Hope you are right, because the current version is *incredibly* slow at route calculation...

Downloading now so will soon find out!

If the new file is P54_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q1.15.zip, IIRC the previous one was P51_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT_Q3.14.zip, I'll have a dig around to see if they have uploaded the Columbus maps yet. The downloader still points to the previous maps for the Columbus

Found them :)

Left it downloading over night but laptop went into standby and it stopped. Carried on this morning. Still around 7hrs to go then. That's the problem when everything is designed for the fastest internet available. Here we have the slowest internet around barring the old dial up.

Only 40mins to go. Not convinced it will work, as the download stopped an hour back claiming it had failed. Luckily it let me just carry on, and it seemed to be OK. Doesnt fill me with confidence that it will work once on the SD card though.

This just reminds me why I never bothered updating the Sat Nav after the first time.

I downloaded it fine but I did notice that when I was low on fuel it directed me to a petrol station at a Somerfield store that closed in Jan 2007, just how reliable is the data?

I downloaded it fine but I did notice that when I was low on fuel it directed me to a petrol station at a Somerfield store that closed in Jan 2007, just how reliable is the data?

It isnt. One of the reasons I havent bothered any updates since the first time, is because I noticed errors soon after downloading it. Roads not appearing on Sat Nav that werent exactly brand new.

It isnt. One of the reasons I havent bothered any updates since the first time, is because I noticed errors soon after downloading it. Roads not appearing on Sat Nav that werent exactly brand new.

Surely that is even more of a reason to update it?

Even though these maps are branded 2016, the filename gives it away that they were compiled in Q1 2015. Who knows what date survey data they are based on though ....

I know it used to take TomTom approximately 2 years for a change to make it in to a release, as they have to be verified etc. This was before they started letting users submit changes and all hell broke loose with people reporting roads as being closed and it getting pushed out to everyone as an update!

• Like 2