What detailing products have you bought today...

BTS22

27 minutes ago, stanian said:

I agree on dark cars, I have found poorboys polishes and glazes to be very good on my previous Black SRi and Gsi Vectra's and I continue to use it on my  Corida red Octavia. Never a problem easy on easy off.

VecGsi_3.jpg

Absolutely agree about Poorboys black hole, I used to always use this on my sapphire black astra & would achieve really in-depth results & I find either Dodo juice purple haze or Petes53 layered on top. Amazing finish B)

IMG_6647.JPG

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

What works best on Candy White?

Have a look here:

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?17112-Candy-White-What-polish-do-you-use

Polish I would use AG SRP.

But in terms of wax, I would of thought Dodo juice diamond white, Dodo juice supernatural hybrid, FK1000p, AG HD, Fuso wax etc...there is loads more but that's all I could think of, as unfortunately I've never owned a white car.

I would of thought more AG SRP for polish & Dodo supernatural wax for that deep gloss shine with that wet glass look.

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Have a look here:

http://www.vwgolf.net.au/showthread.php?17112-Candy-White-What-polish-do-you-use

Polish I would use AG SRP.

But in terms of wax, I would of thought Dodo juice diamond white, Dodo juice supernatural hybrid, FK1000p, AG HD, Fuso wax etc...there is loads more but that's all I could think of, as unfortunately I've never owned a white car.

I would of thought more AG SRP for polish & Dodo supernatural wax for that deep gloss shine with that wet glass look.

Not a fan of AG, to be honest.

Ive used Dodo Juice products before with good results.

This is my first white car for a long, long while (20 years or so!). Products have come along since then!

I think I might need to spend a bit of time (& money!) cleaning the up the vRS to bring it up to my (OCD) levels of cleanliness! :D

Edited by Jon TDI
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jon TDI said:

Not a fan of AG, to be honest.

Ive used Dodo Juice products before with good results.

This is my first white car for a long, long while (20 years or so!). Products have come along since then!

I think I might need to spend a bit of time (& money!) cleaning the up the vRS to bring it up to my (OCD) levels of cleanliness! :D

Or you could try Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish, if your not a fan of AG SRP :thumbup: not tried it myself but heard great results from this on white cars.

Edited by BATVANVRS
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, BATVANVRS said:

Or you could try Bilt Hamber Cleanser Polish, if your not a fan of AG SRP :thumbup: not tried it myself but heard great results from this on white cars.

Thanks for that!

21 hours ago, BATVANVRS said:

Absolutely agree about Poorboys black hole, I used to always use this on my sapphire black astra & would achieve really in-depth results & I find either Dodo juice purple haze or Petes53 layered on top. Amazing finish B)

IMG_6647.JPG

Have you tried Prima Amigo? I think you boys would like it if you enjoy Black Hole. I found it hugely more impressive!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hunty278 said:

Have you tried Prima Amigo? I think you boys would like it if you enjoy Black Hole. I found it hugely more impressive!

I have never heard of it if I'm honest mate :giggle: :thumbup: but I will look into it, I don't use black hole as much as I use too, purely because I don't have a black vehicle really anymore but still use what I have left of it on my black pack (wing mirrors, bumper protector etc...) B) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BATVANVRS said:

I have never heard of it if I'm honest mate :giggle: :thumbup: but I will look into it, I don't use black hole as much as I use too, purely because I don't have a black vehicle really anymore but still use what I have left of it on my black pack (wing mirrors, bumper protector etc...) B) 

Fair one mate. Prima Amigo is a must have, for any colour too! Take a look at the link below, definitely worth considering!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=250176

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jon TDI said:

What works best on Candy White?

I would go for pro Polish, then White diamond show glaze, then Nattys paste wax, then EX-P Sealant. All from Poorboys. I like Poorboys stuff but you have to go with what works for you, I find poorboys easy on easy off pretty long lasting and a reasonable price. I have just bought some Smart Polish Hydropel, but not had weather or time to prep for it yet. You never know it might be better than the EX-P sealant, it costs more though.

• Like 3

On order... Dodo Juice Lint free glass cloths, Dodo Juice machine pads (also spot pads) Dodo Juice Diamond Bright Wax (for white cars..) and Chemical Guys Microfiber wash. From Halfords, Meguires Gold Class Spray Wax. From Home Base, 1 litre spray bottle for my Iron X.

Once acquired and some decent weather, my white vRS 230 Octi is getting it!! Ooh err!!

• Like 3

On 25/02/2017 at 09:10, dan4291 said:

Wax Planet sample pot set plus Expression QD, plus Obsession Wax Dynasty sample. I really need to stop buying waxes bow!

20170224_220354_zpsyd55n1de_edit_1487981

Very nice Dan - the Wax Planet stuff is really nice

Ordered the following today:-

Chemical Guys P40 Carnauba detailing spray

Carbon Collective Platinum Glass Coating

Wooly wash mitt

Master of Fibres drying towel

That should keep me busy for a while!

• Like 2

I have always been a fan of Auto Glym and Bilt Hamber. New stock arrived today. Bilthamber auto foam, auto wheel, surfex hd and double speed wax.

Didn't waste time to give the car a bit of a clean but it will have to wait for a proper wash and wax.

• Like 3

Just bought a Meguars lambs wool wash mitt and AG shampoo.

Have everything I need now for a full clean of my new car I picked up today.

Just waiting for day when it is not raining !

f0095aaf-4abc-4f5d-b51f-320f7f0da807.jpg

• Like 4

Ready for a good spring detail on the .:R36.... the interior needs attention.

Planning a wet vac session then deodorising fog-it treatment.

Ordered New car scent.... any other recommendations, if you have used the fog-it system?

blue_fog.jpg

• Like 1

On 03/03/2017 at 09:03, samuir1974 said:

Ready for a good spring detail on the .:R36.... the interior needs attention.

Planning a wet vac session then deodorising fog-it treatment.

Ordered New car scent.... any other recommendations, if you have used the fog-it system?

blue_fog.jpg

Got to try fogger machine out yesterday, after some morning detailing duties.

Karl brought over the vRS wagon and i had the .:R36 setup.

Both cars easily treated, minimal hassle and not a lot of fluid required per treatment.

Purchased the Fresh Scent (Linen) and nice a subtle..... perfect choice.

Jumped on the EZ offer last week for a mix n match 8 x 500ml buy.

Works out quite cheap and split the order with Karl as well and saved on postage.

EZ Sleek

EZ Hydro

EZ Slick

EZ Fusion

Some spare bottles and sprayers to decant from my 5L tubs as well.

17198965_10210152788870870_1350366760_n.

• Like 2

On 23/02/2017 at 13:26, Hunty278 said:

I have now and, I was repairing some stone chips in bumper, and following smoothing down with swirl remover & polishing with Megs crystal I tried my brand new Prima Amiga then waxed over the top. In my view I feel the Prima Amigo to be thinner, harder to buff off and seems to not give the same shine as the Black hole. I will try it on some larger panels when my stone chips are finished but I still think I will favour the black hole's easy on, easy off way of doing things, the prima Amigo can not also be applied in direct sunlight like the Black hole can. So all in all yet to be converted.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2017 at 17:06, stanian said:

I have now and, I was repairing some stone chips in bumper, and following smoothing down with swirl remover & polishing with Megs crystal I tried my brand new Prima Amiga then waxed over the top. In my view I feel the Prima Amigo to be thinner, harder to buff off and seems to not give the same shine as the Black hole. I will try it on some larger panels when my stone chips are finished but I still think I will favour the black hole's easy on, easy off way of doing things, the prima Amigo can not also be applied in direct sunlight like the Black hole can. So all in all yet to be converted.

Thanks for the info. It goes to show that these products don't suit everyone. Hopefully you find it a little better on the other panels. If you've got a DA it will help, the more you work it the better the results, I found. But I guess that goes for most products.

• Like 1

This is becoming an expensive hobby LOL

Just got a pump sprayer from wilko's for £3

Also ordered BH Surfex HD, Poorboys Natural look dressing and Valetpro Citrus pre wash.

• Like 2

Received my order today from Infinity Wax :thumbup:

2 bottles of Rapid detailer v3 (Blue bottle) http://www.infinitywax.com/product/infinity-rapid-detail-spray-500ml/

& just a 30ml tub of Infinity super gloss hybrid wax http://www.infinitywax.com/product/super-gloss-hybrid-wax-30ml/

Heard very good things about both products & hopefully going to try them out tomorrow if the weather is nice :emoticon-0157-sun:

• Like 3