Navigation Data Update available

I have tried downloading via the portal and a direct link but each time my computer has crashed and the HDD been taken off line, requiring a trip into the BIOS.

Is there anyone near Newcastle upon Tyne that I can visit to copy a version over to a USB stick, or does the downloader encode the VIN into the download so a the downloaded file will only work on the unit registered to the VIN entered during login.

hmmm

so I've downloaded the file, and popped it on a class 10 card. i've unpacked the folder to the root of the drive, but the headunit wont pick up the update. I'm on EC2016. I get the error "no data available: please insert a source etc etc"

i've tried in slot 1 and slot 2 to no avail, and tried other cards as well. 

anyone had this problem? the file I downloaded is the one linked further back up the thread...

hmmm

so I've downloaded the file, and popped it on a class 10 card. i've unpacked the folder to the root of the drive, but the headunit wont pick up the update. I'm on EC2016. I get the error "no data available: please insert a source etc etc"

anyone had this problem? the file I downloaded is the one linked further back up the thread...

I did it yesterday without any issues. Did you go to the update site (http://updateportal.skoda-auto.com/) and put in your VIN or did you just download the zip file from the link?

If you go to the site instead, then you get the downloader tool that will correctly extract the files to the SD card once the download is complete. I don't think it's just a case of unzipping them and copying them on, but I could be wrong.

I used the VIN method and didn't encounter any problems.

Edited by r08shaw

on non-windows systems you get the error below when using the portal, so a direct link works better. the instructions say you can simply unzip the file to a sd card. 

no idea why its not working!

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>BlobNotFound</Code>
<Message>
The specified blob does not exist. RequestId:db48762a-0001-002f-1004-f780a8000000 Time:2016-08-15T14:50:39.1572867Z
</Message>
</Error>

hmmm

There should be two folders, mib1 and mib2 and a text file. These must be at root level. If they're inside any other folder as often happens with unzipping software it won't be recognised as a system update, so move those two folders and file out of the folder.

• 4 weeks later...

so still no joy with this update. 

is it still the same issue as the golf R where you need to use some SD card that is supplied with the car? or does that even exist for ours?

so still no joy with this update. 

is it still the same issue as the golf R where you need to use some SD card that is supplied with the car? or does that even exist for ours?

Which bit are you stuck on mate? Actually downloading it or extracting it to a flash drive? If you need the file I don't mind downloading it and hosting it on my Google Drive or whatever so you can download it. If it's an extraction issue try formatting a large (32GB +) USB drive as NTFS, then extracting the files onto your computer before dragging them over to the USB. You should have two folders and a text file, and nothing else on the drive. Try a different extraction utility if it's the extracting part you're having issues with. WinRAR or 7Zip for Windows, Keka for Mac and the inbuilt archive utility for Linux will all work well.

Edited by Rainmaker

hmmm - ntfs may be the thing. I've been using fat or exFat from os/x or linux. 

What distro mate? Many will include ntfs3g (either natively or in the repos), but your Skoda should understand exFAT just fine. I wouldn't use FAT though due to its inherent filesize limitations.

• Like 1

yeah - well I can do ntfs in many different ways, but overall this damn thing just wont update.

tried both types of FAT, havent tried NTFS so will try that next. 

I also need to look and see if I can trigger a forced update with vcds. 

yeah - well I can do ntfs in many different ways, but overall this damn thing just wont update.

tried both types of FAT, havent tried NTFS so will try that next. 

I also need to look and see if I can trigger a forced update with vcds. 

So it's the Columbus end you're having trouble with? Is it recognising the drive/card at all? Have you tried a different drive? Also just to confirm, you definitely have the two folders and text file in the root of the drive, with nothing else? If all else fails it might be worth checking the MD5/SHA256 to make sure you don't have a faulty download. 

Give me a deposit and I'll send you my SD card. Upload then return, and you can have the deposit back. Failing that I'll buy a new card with the deposit and you keep the card.

This would have been my next suggestion/offer, but someone who runs Linux should surely be able to get this working with a little troubleshooting. Fingers crossed either way...

• Like 1

******* thing worked first time as NTFS.

I've tried about 5 different cards, and every combination of FAT, exFaT, FAT32, with MBR and GUID partitioning schemes etc etc. 

i was explicitly not using NTFS this as the skoda update portal said FAT. 

I should not have trusted a website that cant work with anything not running windows.

lesson learned. 

for anyone who is similarly non windows based, the correct URL (pulled out of the app that downloads once your user agent is set to Explorer or Edge) is

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/HIGH_P157_EU_2017.ZIP (note that it is case sensitive)

then format an SD card as NTFS on the OS of your choice, extract to local HD then copy across. 

put the three items contained in your unpacked folder into the root of the SD card

metainfo2.txt

Mib1

Mib2

and it seems to work from SD slot 1 or 2 in the car.

thanks to folks for the suggestion for NTFS. must have a poke around now. the old rns510 ran vxworks, so must have a poke and see what this one is. 

• Like 2

******* thing worked first time as NTFS.

... (Polite snip) ...

thanks to folks for the suggestion for NTFS. must have a poke around now. the old rns510 ran vxworks, so must have a poke and see what this one is. 

Glad we got it sorted between us mate. I know the 'Thank feck for that' feeling of relief all too well. Have a beer and sleep like a baby tonight haha. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried to get an update for my March 2016 Superb III L&K, but Update Portal says "Data for the map data was not found. Please contact your dealer" has anyone else had this ? 

I wonder if the dealer didn't set something up properly when the car was new...

Also, there are differences between mine and my Brother's near identical June car - he missed out on the TV option, but gets more choices on the interior ambient lighting. Has anyone tried to update the MIB software ?

I tried to update my map from the Skoda website, but kept getting an error message, or a message to contact my dealer. I was using firefox as my browser.  Something clicked and I went onto the site, using microsoft edge, and immediately the update was available,  loaded it onto my SD card, and put this into the unit in the car, and all was done in approx 35 mins. 

Just updated mine today from 15/16 to 17. Initial download to PC took most of the day 7 hours 23.95GB at about1000kbs. unpacking to the card in a USB 3 Hum about 25 mins, and once it was in the Columbus about 30-45 mins to fully up load. Appears to be working just fine. My suggestion upload over night and from that point its only a case of unpacking to card and installing the latter I just turned the unit on, put the card in hit uptate, and left it to do its thing, didn't have the engine on and it worked fine.

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried both Chrome and Safari and I get this error:

<Error>
<Code>BlobNotFound</Code>
<Message>
The specified blob does not exist. RequestId:6bbb8a04-0001-000f-47f0-23ec64000000 Time:2016-10-11T18:49:42.3707747Z
</Message>
</Error>

Handy, not!