What colour?!

So, I placed an order on Sunday for my new Octavia hatch (TSI DSG).

I love the race blue, but can't help but think it's a bit too common these days .

Instead I've gone for the rallye green which I think looks great, if a little garish. 

Chatting to a few people in work today they thought I was mad for considering it in green, and thought it looked terrible  :'(.

Black looks good, but I wouldn't fancy trying to keep it looking good, red is a bit different, and I do like the metal grey but can't help think it's a bit too normal. 

Obviously I should just go for whatever I want, but will I end up regretting going for green??

Feel free to post up some pics of your cars to help convince me! 

• Like 1

Not for me but everyone is different thank God. I like bright colours and would probably of gone for red if I could of found one available when looking. Ended up with white which looks nice if a bit common. If you like the green go for it, wether you will regret it at re-sale time only time will tell!!

Not for me but everyone is different thank God. I like bright colours and would probably of gone for red if I could of found one available when looking. Ended up with white which looks nice if a bit common. If you like the green go for it, wether you will regret it at re-sale time only time will tell!!

It's a lease which is why I'm less concerned. If anything more inclined to go for a radical colour!

So, I placed an order on Sunday for my new Octavia hatch (TSI DSG).

I love the race blue, but can't help but think it's a bit too common these days .

Instead I've gone for the rallye green which I think looks great, if a little garish. 

Chatting to a few people in work today they thought I was mad for considering it in green, and thought it looked terrible  :'(.

Black looks good, but I wouldn't fancy trying to keep it looking good, red is a bit different, and I do like the metal grey but can't help think it's a bit too normal. 

Obviously I should just go for whatever I want, but will I end up regretting going for green??

Feel free to post up some pics of your cars to help convince me! 

Ignore them, they're inferior their opinion doesn't count  :no:

In all seriousness though, each to their own so if you like it then great! Nothing else matters at the end of the day :)  Personally I think the green looks **** hot even if I did end up buying a Blue one .....  :bandit:   And no, you won't regret it  :rock:

I'll just leave this here:

IMAG0123_zpsuejbask0.jpgIMAG0011_zpsjh5e6ifr.jpg

Green is obviously best :D

The longer I look, the more i want  :peek:

• Like 1

I would have bought green if it were offered in Australia.

If you've seen one close up and like the color, go for it.

Not seen an Octy, but did see a fabia outside the dealership. Presumably it's the same colour. 

The pics above look great, but the second one does look a little lighter than I was expecting. It seems to be a hard colour to photograph properly. 

Not seen an Octy, but did see a fabia outside the dealership. Presumably it's the same colour. 

The pics above look great, but the second one does look a little lighter than I was expecting. It seems to be a hard colour to photograph properly. 

I 'think' its the same colour.I agree, the second picture does make it look brighter than normal. The first picture shows the colour more realistically in my opinion, but it was taken in bright sunlight.

I've got some more pictures in this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/314108-its-arrived-now-just-rambling/?p=4217361

But I've just realised that I've deleted some of the pictures, I'll sort that tomorrow.

Edited by meb90
  • Like 1

I 'think' its the same colour.I agree, the second picture does make it look brighter than normal. The first picture shows the colour more realistically in my opinion, but it was taken in bright sunlight.

I've got some more pictures in this thread:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/314108-its-arrived-now-just-rambling/?p=4217361

But I've just realised that I've deleted some of the pictures, I'll sort that tomorrow.

Thanks, looks great 

• Like 1

I had the same issue, for me it was between Candy White and Metal Grey...like you said the grey was nice but just "too normal". Seen a Candy white in the flesh and it stood out a mile as a VRS...the different lines stood out more.

Go with the Green it's a great Colour...it's the new Race Blue as in it's only available in a VRS

I had the same issue, for me it was between Candy White and Metal Grey...like you said the grey was nice but just "too normal". Seen a Candy white in the flesh and it stood out a mile as a VRS...the different lines stood out more.

Go with the Green it's a great Colour...it's the new Race Blue as in it's only available in a VRS

That's a good point about the white and the lines on the vRS, you are sure it's vRS as soon as you see it. I was telling a guy on here a few weeks to go for a white one  :D

• Like 1

Seems most of the Green's in here are estates as is mine. Hatch looks just as good. I recommend the black pack, it sets it apart nicely.I added that after the order.

I've got a green petrol hatch and love it, I also enjoy the rarity and being different, but it's not to everyone's taste.  It also "glows" under street/car park lights at night.  Enjoy the new car.

post-106816-0-57872900-1447342001_thumb.jpg

post-106816-0-20647200-1447342269_thumb.jpg

post-106816-0-97448800-1447342055_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

It all depends on your personal choice with colour, I went for race blue and haven't regretted it once, in fact people always compliment the colour and say how much it stands out anywhere! I also like the white it's really nice with black pack but just like I used to say about the Rs focus... If you buy one it has to be lime green that's what's distinctive about it. And if it's a vRS it has to be race blue. :)

DSC_0222_zps4fsokz1q.jpg

Edited by Graemer147
  • Like 1

You've made a great choice with the engine. Leave the colour choice to your wife, girlfriend or mother. :happy:

Up here it's so dark that the next time I'll see mine in daylight will probably be around March.

I went for quartz grey, and pleased with my choice. The alloys match the paint nicely, and looks great with the black pack.

IMO blue and white (dare I say it) are a little too common, and personally I feel the green will date quickly (think orange focus st- looked great at the time, but now..... not so much). Just my opinion though.

Green and yellow VRS is more unique. Red one on that looks more orange idk the name korido red maybe? Is also unique, but race blue looks great as white.

But I would listen to my heart forget what someone else is saying. When they buy a car they will decide. Now look at it only as suggestion.

Skoda was my first car but it was second hand so I couldn't chose what color. White was my wish now I am happy I don't have white. It's boring and I like my silver with effect.

Edited by Croat

My Vrs is white. Love the green. The problem with Race blue is that It's a really nice colour but it's now available on most Skoda Models and in all trim levels which I think has spoilt the colour.  If it was available only on the Vrs I would have gone for Race Blue.

Sorry folks, just my opinion