vRS TDi recall campaign - boost sensor

I'm going to notice it all the time now aren't I.

I'll call dealer tomorrow, can the service receptionists check for recalls on their system or do they have to 'check' the car first.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do it drives me mad.

My GTD went into VW today having suffered a terrible stutter which forced it into limp home.

Conducted a full diagnostic and no fault codes found...strage that the car properly errored yet the car hasnt kept any information stored on the event. Suppose can only keep an eye on it now.

• 2 weeks later...

Any way of replicating this quite easily for the dealer?

It really is intermittent at the moment and usually happened changing 3rd in to 4th, but can't get it to do it all the time.

Still yet to call the dealers to query the VIN.

Yes a CRDT box plays havoc with mine. Had to take it off as car was un-driveable.

I had all kinds of issues with the crdt box on setting 1 (even 1+1) changed to setting 2+2 car runs better no hesitation or cutting out

Mine does it all the time. Asked the dealer to look before and they couldn't find anything. Was hard to describe though. I explained it as if fuel was getting cut for a split second then back again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine does it all the time. Asked the dealer to look before and they couldn't find anything. Was hard to describe though. I explained it as if fuel was getting cut for a split second then back again!

Just like mine.

Well I've had the extra early fixed service alert do count down on the dash so when I book it in for that, I'll mention it.

I've noticed this but only when the car is warming up, only happens when feathering the throttle in like 4th when cruising up behind slower traffic easing off then on again slightly, jerks briefly then ok. I'm pretty sure it's down to fuelling, when the engine is cold the management system puts extra fuel in after the power stroke to warm up the cat and dpf as quickly as possible, I wonder if this extra fuel could be the cause of the jerk as when the engine had warmed up my jerk stops.

I used to get the same sort of thing in my Astra 1.9cdti 150. But I'm sure that was a boost issue like catching the car off boost and getting a slug of boost to meet demand.

Either way it's important to remember that these things work within a set of parameters and are constantly adapting to temperature pressure humidity fuel quality etc etc sensors can be within the tolerance of the car but not optimal for the situation and the management system does its best to keep everything together. If the cars new everything is learning and bedding in a brand new sensor is perfectly clean and will react differently in 100 miles when it's been "contaminated" abit, this is where tolerances come in.

Let the cars run in learn how they react to different situations, every car IS different and drives differently. It will tell you when something is wrong. If you constantly think something is up you will never enjoy your car. I spend every day jumping in 20+ cars asking the question " what's wrong here?" And I'm trying really hard not to do it with the Vrs and just enjoy it.

Understand the above, however I wouldn't put it down to characteristic of the car. I'll mention it when it goes in for service, not holding my breath like but I won't worry about it until/if it gets more annoying.

Edited by aldouk

Understand the above, however I wouldn't put it down to characteristic of the car. I'll mention it when it goes in for service, not holding my breath like but I won't worry about it until/if it gets more annoying.

Exactly

Ok so mine went in today. Skida said they couldn't find any issues and that this recall didn't apply to mine. Anyway I'm out st the pub this evening and get an email from work to say I can finally swap it for an auto, so bye bye black manual VRS. Hello white auto VRS [emoji108][emoji51]

• 1 year later...

So on the way down the M3 today car started hesitating and almost "burping". Glow Plug light came on and started to flash. Car went into limp home mode. Restarted car and it was ok for about 1 min before it went back into limp mode. Exhaust warning light then came on. Anyway managed to get home ok.

Called Skoda assistance and they had a chap out to us within the hour. He read the error codes and it clearly showed an issue with the boost sensor. On inspection it looks like mine has the "old" version of the sensor. Apparently there is a newer version which has a # in the part number. Assistance chap did have any sensors in his van so has organised a return visit on monday to replace the sensor. Just waiting for a call from them to arrange a hire car. overall very pleased with the service :)