Forget INSANE mode ! LUDICROUS mode is here !

Clunkclick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHDTsFVX_c8

Reportedly can outdo anything on the quarter mile, including a Veyron.

In normal use, averages 239 miles on one charge . . . . Price Tag . . . . $140,000.

Nick

Like Garlic bread, its the future.

Set "Plaid" alert!

Electric is good for drag racing. 100% torque 100% of the time.

Someone round Perth has a Tesla S.

It's nice but nothing spectacular. Looks a bit like a Jag XF. Not sure I'd spend £60k on one over £20k on a  used Jag

In my head I just can't imagine a remake of LeMans (the movie) with a Steve McQueen type flying along the Mulvane straight, dicing with other mega cars, all to a soundtrack of  Michel Legrand and a weird whizzing noise :(

Edit: should have read Mulsanne Straight

Edited by Lady Elanore

In my head I just can't imagine a remake of LeMans (the movie) with a Steve McQueen type flying along the Mulvane straight, dicing with other mega cars, all to a soundtrack of  Michel Legrand and a weird whizzing noise :(

Days of Thunder renamed to Days of Whizzing

• Like 1

While Briskoda posts contain many typos and spelling mistakes, and it's often easier to get it right than wrong, I deeply regret pointing this one out - it's Mulsanne, not Mulvane. Sorry.

Good point though!

While Briskoda posts contain many typos and spelling mistakes, and it's often easier to get it right than wrong, I deeply regret pointing this one out - it's Mulsanne, not Mulvane. Sorry.

Good point though!

Oooh ruddy spool chucker tweaked it for some reason. I have no idea what a Mulvane is, but Microsoft seems to appreciate it?

Edited by Lady Elanore

Mulvane is a small town in Southern Kansas, about 20 miles south of Wichita.  It's on the BNSF (former Santa Fe) 'Southern Transcon' main line from Chicago to Los Angeles.

There, you really wanted to know that..........

Hmmm, I think I need to go outside and thrash my spool chucker to within an inch of it's life now!

I had a test drive in one , spent about an hour on various type of roads , they are simply outstanding , I've never been in anything that launched like the Tesla (Insane mode) , the whole package is simply stunning , unfortunately so is the price tag the one I drove was £104k but perhaps next year

All I can say to anyone is just drive one , you will not fail to be impressed , if you are any kind of petrolhead of course

20151016_1330201_zpsvyfcnek1.jpg

On topic...I really want to have a go in a Tesla. It is a car I would seriously consider when they drop down to sensible money (a few years) the range is spot on for me and they look awesome. I don't think I would ever need ludicrous mode but one of the middle powers would suit me. I see charging spots everywhere I go, including special Tesla branded ones. I think my only concern would be if your stuck in a horrendous traffic jam for a long period of time and run out of juice and also a cross country drive to Holland or somewhere and finding somewhere to charge up.

On topic...I really want to have a go in a Tesla. It is a car I would seriously consider when they drop down to sensible money (a few years) the range is spot on for me and they look awesome. I don't think I would ever need ludicrous mode but one of the middle powers would suit me. I see charging spots everywhere I go, including special Tesla branded ones. I think my only concern would be if your stuck in a horrendous traffic jam for a long period of time and run out of juice and also a cross country drive to Holland or somewhere and finding somewhere to charge up.

the Tesla "superchargers" are free juice (to owners)   and the numbers of points  are growing rapidly especially on the continent

A friend of mine lives in San Francisco and has owned a Tesla Model S since the summer. He has solar panels on the roof of his house which means that he pays nothing for fuel and he got a $10,000 "Bung" from the Government.

The car has lots of fascinating features:

• Four wheel drive
  • Whisper quiet
  • Finds a parking space and parallel parks.
  • Collision avoidance means that he puts the car in cruise control and it just keeps station behind the car in front
  • Has highway lane marking detection
  • Monitors nearby vehicles

He has "driven" the car with his feet off the pedals and his hands off the wheel!

• 3 weeks later...

He has "driven" the car with his feet off the pedals and his hands off the wheel!

unnerving but impressive,   especially on the M6    it seems that with the air-suspension/autopilot option  any piece of road re-travelled is remembered and if you have set it up previously, (for that surface) it will switch back to those settings.   anything else do this ? I'm not well up on expensive motors

Tesla seems to be the new jag for directors.

They are a lot more cost effective with the first year 100% write down, effectively giving you back 20% if the business makes profits and has a tax bill.

• Like 1

Tesla seems to be the new jag for directors.

Several of our Directors have XFs which is is sort of odd as we are majorly involved in Electric cars but I suppose it is only non-EU cars ie Lexus and Teslas that have Director Kudos and that would not look so good when you do the logistics etc for a couple of large EU companies.  I think most Directors now get a cash allowance to spend on what they want but often influenced by the company's business dealings.