What annoyed you today whilst driving? **V2**

john999boy

The dumbass in crv pootling along 20mph in a 30 zone.. then approaching a green light stays at 20.. light orange - 20, light goes red - 20, straight f'ing through it..

gggnnnaaaaghhh

For the last couple of days - driving a Crafter - hate them!

Although I was amused by someone sitting right up my arse because I was doing a steady 10mph under the speed limit. Reasons it amused me:

a) I'm in a rented tailift van full of shelves - how bothered do you think I'll be if you wedge your car under the back of it?

b ) I was in lane 1 of the M5 

Edited by StevesTruck

I annoyed myself..

drove to fermoy and then across that pile of crap road to mallow.

when i arrived at work and said "that bloody detour is some pita, definitely 15-20mins longer than by mitchelstown" i got told "what? Shur they reopened the mitchelstown road on friday"

they didnt have any signs out in the mway while it was closed, and i couldve sworn it was closed until next week.

• Like 1

The guy taking the 4th exit at fiveways roundabout whilst using all lanes and no indicators in his luton van. Got past him on the roundabout exit to find him on the phone chatting away. Works vehicle too.

Though it made me laugh that I managed to pull infront and slow down to 5mph (yes, 5) and he just followed behind as he couldn't cope with talking, looking at his lap, AND checking his mirror, indicating and overtaking all at once. Such a shame people can't be prosecuted from dashcam footage, would love to put one in the back of the car, would keep a few PCs in a job for years!

On the way to work I use a fairly busy B road. Sometimes you get stopped by farmers allowing their cows to cross the road. Fair enough.

Today was different. Had to wait for 15 mins, in a long queue of traffic. Then to top things off, they go out in their tractor ahead of all the traffic at the same time. Do not move over for 10 miles. There were literally about 30 cars behind at one point. They had many opportunities to pull over but ignored every single one of them.

Selfish, and frustrating.

Edited by Sippo

What annoyed me was the neighbours parents.
Turning off the A140 onto a 40mph slip road style exit into the village, no traffic so pull off at 40. Then they pull out of a side junction at about 5mph right infront of me, had to haul on the anchors not to hit their car. He then proceded to drive along at 20mph to the house opposite mine, then park across their driveway.......meaning I couldn't get into my own drive as the road is the width of two cars.
The two most fustrating bits about that? Firstly, he could have used their EMPTY driveway, or parked 1 car length further back where there is a parking area. Second, I waited and he wouldn't move, then when I tried turning around his car (leaving about 1 inch between my door and his bumper) he shouts out "did you need my car moved? I didn't know where you were going" in a very smug voice. Knowing full well where I live, including only parking accross the drive when im indoors, if the garage door is open he won't park there. Took a lot of self control not to ask him if he knew where my fist was going :x:swear: . I'm sure there's exterminators for rodents like him :rofl:

IoFQjkC.jpg

dflH2mS.jpg

Where's the "hopping up and down in blinding furious rage" smiley?

And, of course, they've had off with me dashcam that I -- to be fair -- should've taken out last night.

So if anyone gets offered a VanTrue OnDash R1 Pro for a suspiciously low price, that's got L574 DNF as the vehicle ID in the corner...

Thump the git that's selling it. :p

Waiting on the forensics people to turn up to give it a half-hour once-over.

EDIT:

Very strange to drive with a steering wheel in this shape.

YqScHTQ.jpg

Also, as expected, forensics only found glove-prints. :/

Edited by Tamber

Fuggin rain

Fuggin automatic wipers that replaces intermittent.

Oh pleeeeese just give me back the manual variable intermittent I had on the Octavia and shove your auto wipers up the marketing man's arse.

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 2

Where to start...

A three lane set of urban road reduced to one lane for repair of a valve chamber that had been completed but the traffic management left in place at rush hour

People crossing the road mid-traffic in dark clothes in the dark when it's raining

Joggers out running in the road (not on the adjacent footway) in dark clothes with no hi-vis or reflectives

A group of 6 cyclists crawling up a steep hill three abreast weaving all over the shop

Several cars and vans weaving across all four lanes in heavy traffic along the M6 near Birmingham today; but the prize has to go to the idiot in the three wheeled pick-up motoring through the road works at Droitwich; he had obviously been driving for quite a while, as there was not a shred of tyre left on his o/s rear, and the wheel itself was looking very worse for wear.

I am hoping the Police cars on the bridge at Worcester North were waiting for him and not just having a nice cup of tea and a doughnut!

Me bloody fuel gauge has decided it's had enough! It was working on the 19th, when I was haring around back and forth between Manchester and home; then I went to go drive to the shops yesterday evening, and it's pegged right at the bottom of the gauge. (Not even at the red bit. It's even below that, like it's not even getting switched on; but the low fuel warning like comes on like it would if the tank was empty.)

It was so sudden, I spent half an hour crawling around trying to see if someone had drilled my tank to steal the fuel or something. I even tried putting more fuel in, just in case that would make it respond, but no. Aaaaargh.

The guy on a pushbike this morning weaving in and out of traffic in the face of oncoming vehicles... All with s toddler in a hammax seat on the back.

No issue with the bloke doing it... But why risk his kid????

Riding along minding my own business in a 30mph limit. Car parked on the opposite side.

Car coming up the other side so im keeping an eye on her making sure shes going to stop whilst i come past..

Will she.. wont she.. will she.. nope!!

Swerved to the other side of my lane and fortunatly we both got through.

Thats not cool though!!

**** in a Merc GLA thing, overtook me as the two lanes merged into one, come from far back really slowly, I was only doing 40mph or so he had plenty of time and space to get past without me slowing down. Left it till the chevrons/cross hatching and the pulled in front of me and braked? Total ****, no need for it at all. 

Riding along minding my own business in a 30mph limit. Car parked on the opposite side.

Car coming up the other side so im keeping an eye on her making sure shes going to stop whilst i come past..

Will she.. wont she.. will she.. nope!!

Swerved to the other side of my lane and fortunatly we both got through.

Thats not cool though!!

I hate people that do that, Dad come home earlier in the week, exactly the same thing happened to him, except the road was wide enough for them to both pass safely. The car coming towards him moved right over and my dad was against the kerb, brushed his elbow on the cars mirror! He was not pleased when he got home.  :sweat:  Idiots. 

I hate people that do that, Dad come home earlier in the week, exactly the same thing happened to him, except the road was wide enough for them to both pass safely. The car coming towards him moved right over and my dad was against the kerb, brushed his elbow on the cars mirror! He was not pleased when he got home. :sweat: Idiots.

Sounds like he was even luckier mate! A brushed elbow could of easily nudged him into the curb and its down hill from there isnt it :(.

Id of had a head on if i wasnt paying attention. When she first pulled around it my bike was inline with the centre of her car pretty much.

Everybodys too rushed to wait 10 seconds though arent they at 7pm on a friday. They take risks like that if it means they get their feet up a few seconds earlier :D.

Old bugger taking the racing line across a two lane roundabout. This happens so often now I've got a sixth sense for it.

• Like 1

Old bugger taking the racing line across a two lane roundabout. This happens so often now I've got a sixth sense for it.

AAAHHHH THIS IS ONE OF MY HATES AT THE MOMENT!!!!

Even more then people who do 30 on a national speed limit dual carriageway.....very close 2nd