S3 2.0 TDI 150bhp MPG Thread

Have you compared this to a brim to brim (although my maxidot / Columbus is within 1 MPG of actual usage)

Not yet as I have not filled the car full of fuel yet since delivery.

My drive to Holland next month will be a brim to brim test fully loaded.

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

My numbers are similar to RickTT. Maybe it's superior diesel in Yorkshire?? :)

Maybe so. haha ! - i stuck £30 of Costco Diesel in today @ 99p a litre.

Edited by RickTT

Driving home... this time no cruise.. no radar... and a slightly longer run due to a detour which included 12 miles more urban.

Sa

t at around 75mph max on the motorway.... (ish)

20160416_173745_zpsi0egnznp.jpg

Brimmed the tank yesterday after collection.

580 miles later at mostly 85-90mph running (on the Autobahn, Officer) on cruise control, I brimmed the tank again and I got 46.9 MPG for those speeds. More than happy with that. Fully expect it to be in the high 50s at least when not in such a rush!

2.0TDi SE Business Manual Estate on 17s

• Like 1

Brimmed the tank yesterday after collection.

580 miles later at mostly 85-90mph running (on the Autobahn, Officer) on cruise control, I brimmed the tank again and I got 46.9 MPG for those speeds. More than happy with that. Fully expect it to be in the high 50s at least when not in such a rush!

2.0TDi SE Business Manual Estate on 17s

Photos of car required in photo thread :)

• Like 1

Ok.. more mileage today and some good MPG returns if you drive it like Miss Daisy.

First photo is a run on the motorway through spec cameras and non specs but a steady traffic flow   17 miles covered in 19 mins, 86.9mpg using cruise and radar.

IMG-20160417-WA0008_zpsarndq99x.jpg

Next is the MPG 14 miles later out of the SPEC's with max speed at the national limit :)

As you can see the MPG has taken a hit but still respectable at 68.9mpg over 31 miles in 31 mins.

IMG-20160417-WA0009_zpskcsrsgkh.jpg

Last photo was taken when urban 8.5 miles from the destination with 46 miles covered  (30 miles motorway, rest A roads.) in 47 mins with a respectable MPG of 63.3mpg.

IMG-20160417-WA0007_zpsc62nuiru.jpg

The car can do the mpg if you drive to the expected standards.

Overall the Maxidot dropped 20miles from the fuel range while covering the 46 miles due to the average MPG covered. I did not get a note of what it peaked at

Car was 2 adults and 2 kids up with luggage for a day trip.

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

Filled up, 655 miles for £62. Average MPG according to Fuelly was 51.4 vs 54.5 on MaxiDot.

Engine getting smoother, more responsive and seems more economical all the time.

Long journeys <= 70mph with light traffic sees mid-60's. Worse where in heavy traffic on if accelerating hard etc.

• Like 2

Mine (DSG on 17") is probably too new to get any meaningful info on it.  But on Sunday, did a quick trip to Ikea, about 30 miles each way on the motorway,

On the way there, drive mode in sport and no ACC = 43mpg (maxidot).  Return journey, similar volume of traffic, etc,  drive mode in individual (eco-box, sport steering) and used ACC all the way, jumped to 49mpg. 

This morning from cold i did the school and nursery drop off followed by a short drive to the office in stop start traffic all on local A roads.

Very happy to get the below mpg of 53.5mpg based on such a low average speed and a distance of 8 miles covered in 26 mins.

20160420_092053_zpsryr72jnn.jpg

The mpg is increasing now passing 800 miles.

Edited by RickTT

I'm averaging 49.7MPG after a 300 mile round trip today.

Can I just ask, why are there only 5 Superb III's on Fuelly?!  I heartily recommend that if people want to collate their MPGs and compare against other owners, you should get the Fuelly App.

It's far from pretty, and you need to ensure you select L4 as the engine type (took me a bit of trawling to figure that out), and of course mine is a 'wagon' in Fuelly, rather than an Estate/Combi, but I'm using it for every refuel and the more people use it the better the results will be!

I was going to use it from day one (i have with other cars) but then thought its a bit of hassle as i dont tend to fill the car brim to brim unless im doing the mileage.

I was going to use it from day one (i have with other cars) but then thought its a bit of hassle as i dont tend to fill the car brim to brim unless im doing the mileage.

I'm not sure it really matters, you can select 'partial fill' and over time it will figure it all out for you.  At least that's what I think - I've done two brim to brim fill ups so far so not really the man to take advice from!

You must love your petrol stations then  :D

The least amount of time I can spend filling the car up the better, so for me I have always brimmed them then forgot about it for the next 700 miles or few weeks whichever comes around the soonest.

You must love your petrol stations then  :D

The least amount of time I can spend filling the car up the better, so for me I have always brimmed them then forgot about it for the next 700 miles or few weeks whichever comes around the soonest.

Only been twice in 800 miles.. this thing does not drink fuel !  :)

Edited by RickTT

This morning from cold i did the school and nursery drop off followed by a short drive to the office in stop start traffic all on local A roads.

Very happy to get the below mpg of 53.5mpg based on such a low average speed and a distance of 8 miles covered in 26 mins.

20160420_092053_zpsryr72jnn.jpg

The mpg is increasing now passing 800 miles.

Same route this morning... 52mpg on the maxi dot. (today included a bit more traffic)

Happy with that.

I used Fuelly on my last Superb and use it on my current one.

I put the Fuelly details in my signature.

Good stuff, though you have your engine listed as a H4, which is the hybrid indicator - I suspect it should be L4!

Does the "long term" reset itself?

Must do as mine is on about 2k miles when I've done nearly 5k miles?

Anyone know?

EDIT: Resets after 99 hours and 59 minutes.

Edited by Coops