DSG Gear Box Servicing

I have just bought a 2011 Superb II  1.8TSI.  It has 38 000miles on the clock and as now over four years old I understand it should have a gear box service.  Some confusion though as to whether this should be oils and filter change to gear box or top up of oil?

May not be a DSG Gear Box could be multironic?  How would I know the difference?

Welcome to Briskoda  B)

It'll be a DSG, it should be printed on top of the gear lever...

Early models...

1798853135.jpg?itok=q1UEW79o

Later models...

2014-Skoda-Superb-facelift-DSG-Gear-leve

The oil should be changed every 4 years / 40,000 miles.

Edited by silver1011

Oil and filter changed every 40,000 miles or 4 year which ever comes first. Not a DIY  job as has to filled from bottom .Just had mine changed at officail dealer.Danny 57 is right there is a drain and filler plug combinded. I think I would be changing my service dealer if that is advice he gives you.

Robert

• Like 1

Can i ask so i know in the future?

Was there in the UK any Superb 1.8 TSI 118kw (160ps) DSG that had the DQ200 Twin Dry clutch 7 Speed box, 

that does not require an Oil Change,  other than the Service Campaign called in 2014 in the UK?

Like the World Wide one, only not as good and called a service campaign.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign

(as Skoda NZ informed Registered Keepers.)

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions

Thanks an independent VW Skoda Garage told me it would not need oil changing as it did not have drain plug - only refill?

The garage is full of ****...and it called itself an independent! :sweat:  

6 speed - It is filled via the drain plug and the filter is under the airbox/battery!

7 speed requires far less oil 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233854-7-speed-dsg-maintenance/

Edited by Turkeythighs

I have just bought a 2011 Superb II  1.8TSI.  It has 38 000miles on the clock and as now over four years old I understand it should have a gear box service.  Some confusion though as to whether this should be oils and filter change to gear box or top up of oil?

May not be a DSG Gear Box could be multironic?  How would I know the difference?

Multitronic is Audi's CVT gearbox, which was never fitted in any Skodas.

Can i ask again.

Did any 1.8TSI come fitted with a 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG (DQ200) ?

Which has no servicing / maintenance schedule or requirement to change the oil.

Other than the ones that left the factory with Synthetic Oil and required VW to do World Wide Recalls and EU Service Campaigns, 

to check the MCU, replace the Synthetic Oil with Mineral & do a Software Update to the DSG ECU while the car was disconnected 

from its own battery.

Oil and filter changed every 40,000 miles or 4 year which ever comes first. Not a DIY  job as has to filled from bottom .Just had mine changed at officail dealer.Danny 57 is right there is a drain and filler plug combinded. I think I would be changing my service dealer if that is advice he gives you.

Robert

Very easy to DIY;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/326997-diy-6-speed-dsg-oil-filter-change/page-2

Can i ask again.

Did any 1.8TSI come fitted with a 7 Speed Twin Dry Clutch DSG (DQ200) ?

Which has no servicing / maintenance schedule or requirement to change the oil.

Other than the ones that left the factory with Synthetic Oil and required VW to do World Wide Recalls and EU Service Campaigns, 

to check the MCU, replace the Synthetic Oil with Mineral & do a Software Update to the DSG ECU while the car was disconnected 

from its own battery.

Thanks for this  I rang Main dealer today and gave car reg.  It is indeed a 7 speed (mechatronic) gearbox and is a sealed unit that does not have a service schedule.  I will check for recalls.  Dan

• 4 years later...
6 minutes ago, Absolutelysuperb said:

Hi guys now I’m confused , tomorrow I’m collecting my 2nd Skoda which is a 2011 1.8tsi superb estate with 65000 miles and full Skoda service history , it has the DSG transmission but is it a 6 speed which needs regular servicing or a 7 speed which doesn’t???  Confused 

My father has a 2012 Superb estate with the 6 speed DSG I know because I've driven his car. Yours will also have a 6 speed DSG.

28 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

My father has a 2012 Superb estate with the 6 speed DSG I know because I've driven his car. Yours will also have a 6 speed DSG.

The 1.8 TSI usually gets the 7-speed dry clutch DSG.

37 minutes ago, Absolutelysuperb said:

Hi guys now I’m confused , tomorrow I’m collecting my 2nd Skoda which is a 2011 1.8tsi superb estate with 65000 miles and full Skoda service history , it has the DSG transmission but is it a 6 speed which needs regular servicing or a 7 speed which doesn’t???  Confused 

How have you gotten to the point of collecting the car without confirming from the dealer what transmission it has?

I had a 2011 Superb Mk2 1.8 TSI in DSG form and it was definitely a 7 speed dry-clutch setup. It also needed a new mechatronic unit at a cost of £2000 shortly after I got it at 5 years old and 15K miles. However, I bought it from a dealer so it was covered. I sold it 18 months later with 50K on the clock as I was concerned about the whole chain tensioner nonsense. Wish I still had it though, it was a lovely, lovely car.

The diesel models tend to get the 6 speed DSG.

Edited by g_tee

1 hour ago, g_tee said:

I had a 2011 Superb Mk2 1.8 TSI in DSG form and it was definitely a 7 speed dry-clutch setup. It also needed a new mechatronic unit at a cost of £2000 shortly after I got it at 5 years old and 15K miles. However, I bought it from a dealer so it was covered. I sold it 18 months later with 50K on the clock as I was concerned about the whole chain tensioner nonsense. Wish I still had it though, it was a lovely, lovely car.

The diesel models tend to get the 6 speed DSG.

Thanks g_tee maybe you’ll know - what’s all this about the 7 speed never needing servicing ????