Floor mats

Hi, I've ordered an SEL Exec have been thinking about floor mats for when it arrives.  Does anyone know what the differences are between the floor mats which can be added as a factory option (standard on the L&K) and the ones from the accessory brochure? 

The option ones seem not of have the "superb" logo, which I actually prefer, but I wondered whether they are also made from better quality material given their higher cost.

Assuming there are differences, does anyone know whether the ones from the option list can be ordered as a spare part by the dealer?  Or do they have to be speced on the order?

Thanks.

You can also get high quality car mats online from third party retailers, have them inscribed with whatever you want, and in a wide range of colours and trim.

These are made-to-measure for the model of car, but it's taking time for some of these retailers to catch up with the new Superb.

One that has - and I've not used them so this is no recommendation, is officialcarmats.

I had a set in my Superb II and they included the plastic stud fitting holes, but for the life of me I can't remember who I ordered them from - it was 4 years ago!!!

I'll be ordering mine from Superskoda. Skoda wouldn't throw them in and I'm not paying the price Skoda want for them, plus I'll definitely be ordering the tunnel cover for the floor area between the rear seats. Great idea and only a few quid.

• Like 1

I ordered Skoda Prestige mats with the 'Superb' emblem on them and a grey edge from the dealer at £70. They are a lot better quality than the bland standard quality ones listed on 'factory fit' option at £80. Crackers really!! Prestige mats part number is 3V2 061 404A  

• Like 1

i just ordered these. £19 from ebay, plain black. its a lease car, so they'll be fine for 2 years then they can get chucked.

My official Skoda ones only lasted 2 years so I'll probably do something similar.

Have used www.valuecarmats.com before too

• 2 weeks later...

i should add that i received those boot mats about a week ago and they are a good fit and decent quality.

I had bought some £4 mats from poundstretcher to make do for a few days, and have now put them on top of the new ones which might extend their life a bit too. 

I've decided to take a punt on the supplier Billyjim mentioned (officialcarmats). Ordered a set of plain Super Luxury and await delivery. Interested to see what £39.95 gets.

Be keen to see what they are like when you get them.

I had genuine Skoda floor mats when I had my mk2 FL and in nearly 70k miles they show no signs of wear whatsoever, excellent quality and obviously a perfect fit, plus they have the Superb logo, they've been absolutely floorless (sorry).  I do vacuum them at least twice a month or more if they need it

If I decide on a MK3 Superb next year I'll have the genuine mats again.

i should add that i received those boot mats about a week ago and they are a good fit and decent quality.

I had bought some £4 mats from poundstretcher to make do for a few days, and have now put them on top of the new ones which might extend their life a bit too. 

Which boot mats are you using? I'm looking for something that is an alternative to the £70 Skoda option

• Like 1

Just ordered the prestige floor mats and tunnel mat/cover for £58 inc delivery. With 2 kids, essential purchases.

I just did the same seeing as SS have an offer on. Can't really argue for the price, though my 6 just has the cheaper eBay sourced custom shaped ones listed by others above. 

I ordered the prestige ones from SS before the car arrived only to find that the dealer had given me a set of the standard carpet mats. The only differences as far as I can tell are the prestige ones have a silver edging and the pile is quite a bit deeper. Both come with the branding, have clips to secure them in place and fit perfectly.

Are you keeping your prestige as spares then?

No, I've swapped them over. The prestige ones are nicer. I'm planning on keeping the car for a good few years so I expect the spares will get used eventually.