Electric folding wing mirrors retrofit (now with puddle lights when folded)

Nice one. Just don't understand why Skoda didn't make them more widely available as an option. Would have thought they'd be quite popular.

Yes, they fold in with a long press of the lock button on the key fob.

If the lock button is used to fold them, they unfold when the drivers door opens. I'm pretty sure they can also be set to unfold with the ignition if preferred.

Just coded this on my Tiguan, wasn't an already coded feature.

I think your tiguan has gen4 door controllers where as the FL Octavia has gen3 so fold on long lock press just worked with no additional coding.

If you know of any gen3 cars (earlier tiguans?) where it doesn't work, it might be fixable by editing the door controller eeprom. Not something VCDS can do I'm afraid...

• 1 year later...

i have just coded puddle lights, where is the coding for folding??

the mirror i fitted is a second hand one from an elegance and i have the correct door controllers so im wondering if it may be a folding version.

You probably would have noticed the motors when you fitted them, they really aren't discrete once the cover is off.

The coding should be under the drivers and passenger door mirrors, I think it's +4096 to the current code but I'm sure the tooltip will confirm :)

You probably would have noticed the motors when you fitted them, they really aren't discrete once the cover is off.

The coding should be under the drivers and passenger door mirrors, I think it's +4096 to the current code but I'm sure the tooltip will confirm :)

thanks for that, ill plug it in and have another look,i doubt they are folding but do you know if the reverse dip is part of the mirror or the door controller?

i assume the tooltip is the sort of drop down menu in vcds ?

thanks for that, ill plug it in and have another look,i doubt they are folding but do you know if the reverse dip is part of the mirror or the door controller?

i assume the tooltip is the sort of drop down menu in vcds ?

Yup, the tooltip should appear if you hover over the coding as I don't think this modules support the lcode helper.

For proper reverse dip, it's a different mirror motor in the wing mirror. It has 7 pins rather than 3 if I remember correctly. If you have the modules mentioned in the first post it'll work :)

Yup, the tooltip should appear if you hover over the coding as I don't think this modules support the lcode helper.

For proper reverse dip, it's a different mirror motor in the wing mirror. It has 7 pins rather than 3 if I remember correctly. If you have the modules mentioned in the first post it'll work :)

thanks i see the menu you mean,it has seven wires in the multiplug,is that what you mean?

thanks i see the menu you mean,it has seven wires in the multiplug,is that what you mean?

It's 7 wires on the multiplug that connects to the mirror motor in the wing mirror.

At a guess it'll be between 9 and 11 on the multiplug to the door controller - 7 for the mirror motor, 2 for the puddle light, 2 for the indicator, they might share grounds.

It would also need coding on the passenger side door module, again the tooltip should explain what to add.

• 1 month later...

The stock setup is mirrors fold with long press of the lock button then unfold when the key is in the ignition. The puddle lights dont work if the mirrors are folded in. I might take a trip to the dealers now i know the coding can be changed for the lights to work when folded ive looked on vcds several times for the option this would explain why i couldnt find anything.

20 minutes ago, wilson323f said:

The stock setup is mirrors fold with long press of the lock button then unfold when the key is in the ignition. The puddle lights dont work if the mirrors are folded in. I might take a trip to the dealers now i know the coding can be changed for the lights to work when folded ive looked on vcds several times for the option this would explain why i couldnt find anything.

It's not just a coding change, it requires editing the EEPROM of the two door controllers directly so I'd be surprised if they had the knowledge or inclination to try it :(

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/16/2017 at 22:20, dilksie said:

If anyone is looking to do this mod I have just fitted folding mirrors to my FL VRS and used the following door modules

Drivers - 1T0959701N

Passengers - 1T0959702N

I second this, used the exact same door controllers / modules in my FL VRS and sourced the door mirrors from ebay that already were folding mirrors. It was a straight swap no wiring or modifications required to the driver side mirror. Once fitted coded the mirrors and worked perfectly.

7 minutes ago, planehazza said:

Is there an easy way to check module part numbers via VCDS?  For furture reference I'd like to know if I could do this mod without having to pull the door cards off unnecessarily. 

Look at address 42 and 52:

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver        Labels: 1K0-959-701-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1T0 959 701 AA    HW: 1T0 959 701 AA
   Component: Tuer-SG         009 2120  

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.        Labels: 1K0-959-702-MAX3.lbl
   Part No SW: 1T0 959 702 S    HW: 1T0 959 702 S
   Component: Tuer-SG         009 2120  

• Thanks 1