Latest Infotainment version Bolero

Surly most cars if not all must still be under warranty. Why not take it into the dealer and get them to do the update that my plan or is it chargeable?

Because unless you have a fault that this update is known to address the factory will not authorise the dealer time to perform the update.

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is the official line on all firmware updates on the MQB platform, just because there is an update available you will only get it if it has been allocated to your chassis number by the factory. Otherwise the dealer is performing work they will not get paid for under a warranty claim.

• Like 1

Posted Yesterday, 21:43

bhoywonder, on 20 Feb 2016 - 21:34, said:snapback.png

Surly most cars if not all must still be under warranty. Why not take it into the dealer and get them to do the update that my plan or is it chargeable?

Because unless you have a fault that this update is known to address the factory will not authorise the dealer time to perform the update.

'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' is the official line on all firmware updates on the MQB platform, just because there is an update available you will only get it if it has been allocated to your chassis number by the factory. Otherwise the dealer is performing work they will not get paid for under a warranty claim.

Thanks got the update.

Hi guys. I'm trying to work out if this thread is relevant for MIB2.

I'm loving the CarPlay functionality but it seems to crash quite often... my car is a sept 15 build - have there been any updates available for it? Are they worth applying? And can I install it?

Hi guys. I'm trying to work out if this thread is relevant for MIB2.

I'm loving the CarPlay functionality but it seems to crash quite often... my car is a sept 15 build - have there been any updates available for it? Are they worth applying? And can I install it?

Only for MIB1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Aki is busy with lots of inquiries on this topic. If you go to my YT channel theres video and description. Link is in the comments.

Hi!

Aki is busy with lots of inquiries on this topic. If you go to my YT channel theres video and description. Link is in the comments.

Thanks for helping me but the situation is not that bad...nobody asked for the update last week. :)

My PM contains the VCDS coding as well to remove the fault codes.

The update I have is only for MIB1 units and yours is a MIB2...

SmartLink activation is a dealer job (for money).

Try contacting another dealer or the importer in your country.

Hi There,

Can you please PM the software update details as I tried to put my VIN on the update portal and told me that there is no update available.

Thanks in advance,