2016 F1 General Discussion Thread

camelspyyder

All to easy for Nico once again, just hope Lewis does get a foothold so we can see a championship battle. Well driven by Alonso and K-Mag too in their respective cars

• Like 1

You could actually give Nico some credit - he's not put a wheel wrong since Austin last year, and as expected has just set the second longest winning streak in F1 history.

You could actually give Nico some credit - he's not put a wheel wrong since Austin last year, and as expected has just set the second longest winning streak in F1 history.

I do, just don't always show it ;). He has had the opportunity to do so and taken it so fair play. Seb and Lewis would have done the same but people were critical last year about Hamilton winning the majority of races early season. He had to battle for it as Nico and Seb were never far behind. I do also credit Nico with saying that he realises that his main rivals have run into trouble in all 4 races and he knows he will encounter issues at some point

Rosberg is driving flawlessly, momentum is with him which sometimes can be unbeatable. I don't mind if he wins the WDC and if it ends up being a 3 way fight between him, Lewis and Kimi then all the better. All I want from this year is for Kimi to finish ahead of Vettel, Mclaren to start constantly score points and Verstappen and Magnussen to have some memorable races.

• Like 3

Of course Nico will do well of Lewis isn't chasing his tail pipe.

But you can't blame Nico for Lewis' problems in the last few races.

Not blaming Nico, just would like to see him challenged more. 

• Administrators

Political.

Contracts, Max is off in 2017 otherwise. Throw max in, see what he does, if he's great, great, if he baulks let him go.

An early maldanardo(Sp) developing... that is now he's at the front competing, he's not getting it right. 

Vettel knows something about Christian or Marko ;)

Thought I'd heard merc have done an open letter about Hammys bad luck on equipment... the joy of perspective on marketing budget ;)

Russia will see this as a slap in the face I bet Putin gets the little dwarf on the phone over this. Outside of his control and im not sure how big redbull are in Russia but I can see them having issues with tariffs or import tax from now on.

I reckon Vettel has something on Christian Horner and reminded him of it on Sunday when he went over to the Red Bull pit wall.

It's the only possible explanation!!

• Like 1

I reckon Vettel has something on Christian Horner and reminded him of it on Sunday when he went over to the Red Bull pit wall.

It's the only possible explanation!!

You Joke but I thought exactly the same thing maybe hes cheated on his missis Geri Halliwell.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So well done Red Bull lads, be an interesting "race" with the hard overtaking, just need the two Mercs to clash again, slow them up a bit and then fun time.

Was very impressed with Max. Still out qualified by Danny Ric but very consistent throughout. Will be interesting if the bulls jump ahead of the mercs at the start but I would me more than happy if they just pass Nico just to see how he copes ;)

Given the relative engine performance of Renault and Ferrari, isn't it more likely the RBR's will be in p5 and p6 after the first turn?

Depends if Ferrari can figure out just what they need to do as their whole practice sessions they failed to dial in Ferrari.  With Williams, Massa's terrible practice and I think it is Bottas has done some great starts. 

We will see.  With such a difficult track it will only tack take Lewis to have another one of his bad starts on re-vitalised Danny R and hottest property Max could finally shake this sport up which has been not much of a real race since the introduction of the hybid V6 petrol power plants.  Thank God there is some WSB to watch earlier today but I am become more hopefully of a contest starting to develop in F1 as Nissan-Renault (now Mitsubishi Motors) fulfil Goshn's promise and return the winning ways to the engine manufacturer who has won half the titles over the last quarter of a century.  

Sky F1HD were suggesting that Lewis and the other one had swapped mechanics, with the other one now benefiting from the better crew, resulting in more wins. Seems plausible, given the number of wins Lewis had with them, or is it just lady luck has swung the other way this year ?

So well done Red Bull lads, be an interesting "race" with the hard overtaking, just need the two Mercs to clash again, slow them up a bit and then fun time.

What did I say, did I call it or what?

LOL

LOL

LOL

Now we can have some racing.

Edited by lol-lol
  • Like 1

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the debrief.

Reminds me of the Prost/Senna move ie I shunt you off, I get no points, you get no points, my lead is preserved this less races to go.

Thought Mr Lauda was a bit protective of his fellow German speaking driver.  50/50 maybe.

Ferrari struggling for ideas?   Undercut? 

No, DR to jump first.  Not sure best strategy.  

Edited by lol-lol

Hamilton had a small overlap implying Nico needs to leave 1 car width. He didn't. Wouldn't say Lewis was too aggressive as he got a much better run out of the corner but I get why some will say he was. Maybe 60/40?

• Like 1