Don't you just love the winter pack!

First proper heavy frost last night in Telfordshire, so had the opportunity to try the heated screen and seats in anger  :thumbup: .

post-4222-0-95254400-1453312342_thumb.jpg

Start car, clean off the side windows, get back in and flick the wipers = clear :clap: . 

Oh and the seat was nice and warm too!

Edited by butchvrs
  • Like 4

I wish my Superb had the heated screen but I got a really good deal on an ex-demo which obviously hadn't had it spec'd. Then again most of the time its under the carport anyway which keeps the frost off.

It is something I would spec if I bought new though. At least my bum is nice and toasty which is the main thing

Or you can have the Webasto heater, -12 degrees celcius here, just press the button on the remote 30 minutes before you need to go and come out to a warm car with no need to clean off anything aince it is already heated :)

Same here, ticked both options when ordering............

..mind you I had to as my "2001, X plate" Fabia had heated front seats as STANDARD spec!!..................

Don't want to spoil the excitement, but I gather you left your drivers seat with the engine running. I wouldn't dream of doing that. Asking for a car jacking.I sit in, start, push various buttons and wait a few seconds. Rather that than having to end up with a bus to work...... But yes the winter pack is useful.

My Mk2 has the heated screen and it's excellent. It was a must have on the Mk3. 

Really annoys Ford people, some of which still think it's exclusive to them  :D

• Like 1

I thought the heated seats wouldn't work unless you sit on them (or enough weight is on them)...........like the seat belt warning?

It's an on/off switch just like anything else with a heating element?

Got the winter pack on mine not had a chance to use yet with the exception of the heated seats which are brilliant (warm bum is less than a minute :o)) why better than my passat heated seats that took a few minutes to get going.

I have VW's version of the Winter Pack on my Golf....rather unfortunately whilst it includes heated seats and screen washers (I have a GTD so already has Xenons with headlight washers)...it didnt include their rather good climate windscreen....as some will know the screen is made up of a see through heat reflective metallic layer so no wires. Was a company car and had to take it stock bar the colour....would have been something Id have spec'd given the oportunity.

I have the winter pack and thus heated seats, bu the passenger seat appears to remain cold when switched on until someone sits on it. Other marques with heated seats do the same, so I assumed this is the case - of course it may just not feel warm unless sitting on it - but I think it is sensitive to weight just as the seat belt sign is

I have VW's version of the Winter Pack on my Golf....rather unfortunately whilst it includes heated seats and screen washers (I have a GTD so already has Xenons with headlight washers)...it didnt include their rather good climate windscreen....as some will know the screen is made up of a see through heat reflective metallic layer so no wires. Was a company car and had to take it stock bar the colour....would have been something Id have spec'd given the oportunity.

Now that is more like it, one thing i hated about our old Ford's from years back were the heated screens. I like the Ford Ghia's and Ghia X's etc so i could not get the sodding thing WITHOUT the heated screen, but i could always see the wires going thorugh the screen..... are the new heated screen's in the Skoda's wires or like the gold you have described ? And if not, can the wires (or whatever) be seen ?

Yes they have the wires and to be honest they are even more visible than early ford heated screens. Especially visible when driving at night and on coming car head lights look all distorted through them. However, despite this, I'm quite glad I have it on mine. It's nice to not have to scrape. Works a treat.

So what's the score with ford now. Do all manufacturers now offer this option? I know it used to be exclusively ford and jaguar who were part of ford at the time.....

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

I just love the Winter Pack, when it is -28 degrees, you just start the Webasto 30 min before driving and you have a warm car and no frost on the windscreen. When you sit on, you start the car, switch the heated seat on. You might switch the heated mirrors on, if needed. If it is snowing and the windscreen and/or the blades get frosted, you can switch the heat on.  :clap: Simply Clever.

All the heated accessories are the must in the real snowy and frosty winter here in the arctic Northern Europe.

When the mother-in-law is on in the winter time, she likes the heated seat on the back. Nice feature for the old bones. 

Edited by Grumpy Finn
  • Like 1

Yes they have the wires and to be honest they are even more visible than early ford heated screens. Especially visible when driving at night and on coming car head lights look all distorted through them. However, despite this, I'm quite glad I have it on mine. It's nice to not have to scrape. Works a treat.

Thanks for that...... winter pack is not for me until Skoda catches up with VW and offers that system where you see nothing. Nice info when i come to buy a used VRS.... if it has winter pack then i will look for another :)

Winter pack is brilliant, one of the best options I ordered on my Octavia! I'm on the road at 06:00hrs and this time of year heated windscreen and heated seat on and the ice is gone in a couple of minutes by which time the heated seats make the car feel really snug! I don't notice the windscreen wires at all, unlike some seem to.

Edited by Timoctav

So what's the score with ford now. Do all manufacturers now offer this option? I know it used to be exclusively ford and jaguar who were part of ford at the time.....

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

As I understand it, they invented the tech and the patent lasted for a certain number of years before anyone could make it.

You've not had a heated screen until you've had a Ford heated screen though. I remember turning mine on one morning, going and doing something for a minute them coming back to see steam coming off the mirrors and windscreen, and I don't just mean a bit of it :D

Edited by StevesTruck
  • Like 1

Getting mine in a few days. Only heated seats though. I was impatient and went for a stock car, didn't want to wait 3 months for an order to arrive. Will be painful after 4 years of Ford ownership with the obligatory heated screen!!