Best Android or mirrorlink head unit for octavia

lol no probs, I was going to do the same to you!!

I had to contact Pumpkin to get the password and make the changes. Im thinking that the it would benefit from a MFSW so now Im looking into that! I didt have IGO installed in mines! 

Did you have Torque installed?  Also did you buy the OBD2 bluetooth dongle? I bought one but the unit wont pair with it!

@Nikonite: You have to go into the factory settings to correct it.

No didn't get the OBD2 bluetooth dongle, I agree it would benefit from a MFSW . The only thing I struggled with was the FM radio couldn't get a signal, just static but not that bothered as DAB is more than enough. It picked up 60 channels with just the stock aerial, just waiting for an SMB adaptor to come.

Paul where did you put the GPS antenna and microphone?

Ive got mines on the windscreen just above the rear view mirror but im thinking of relocating mic near there. Not sure if the GPS signals may interfere with the mic.

Sam ? 

Took out the top dash box & stuck it to the metal cross member with double sided sticky tape it runs the full length of the dash. I haven't used the mic as the on board mic is very clear, well according to Jenny it is !!!

Will pop out now and check hw many Sat's its picking up :happy: , I'd read it somewhere on here that it was OK to mount on the cross member.

[/url]">http://http://s48.photobucket.com/user/balders64/media/DSC_0260_zpsmgffw5mt.jpg.html'>DSC_0260_zpsmgffw5mt.jpg

Edited by Paulb64

Are you still using iGO for your offline navigation?

My reversing camera came yesterday, now just waiting for the wireless transmitters to turn up so i can wire it up.

Edited by Awesam

Yep its great still trying to get it set up right, how I want it. I did notice that it would change to night colours last night. that's what I need to look into next,a reverse camera 

Hi guys! Does the Pumpkin 8" integrate completely with the "newish" models like my 2013 5j Fabia? I'm thinking of steering wheel controls and MFD specifically. I see the DS820 claims to support the MFD but nothing on the Pumpkin.

If what I read in this thread about the Pumkin being a clone of the DS820 is correct, then I suppose that will work as well :)

What about the built in bluetooth in the car? Will that have to be disabled somehow to not interfere with the head unit? I had a short affair with a Pioneer after market unit a while back and after hooking it up half of my steering wheel controls still tried to use the phone controls for the built in bluetooth setup while the other half were both sending signals to the unit and navigating the setup menu in the MFD simultaneously... So for instance if I wanted to switch from speed to consumption on my MFD it would also change radio channels :D

Sorry, I got topics confused here. There's another topic about the DS-820 which I've been reading as well. Anyway, still wondering about the Pumpkin questions from my last post :) 

Would love a pure android HU like this but I don't have MFSW so it'd be a nightmare trying to safely control volume etc whilst driving.  For that reason, I'll probably have to get the DNS820 with physical buttons.

Okay Awesam and Paul you made it !  I do like my Stream MP3 not longer  :thumbdown:

When I´ll be back in 2 weeks from Germany, I will start also with the Pumpkin Tablet. I will order directly with their OBD2 dongle and what rear view camera do they use or sell?

I like one of these directly integrated in one of the plate lights and with wireless transmitter

http://www.ebay.de/itm/NEU-S11-Funk-HD-Ruckfahrkamera-VW-Touareg-Passat-Golf-Tiguan-Skoda-Funk-Set-PDC/131465867212?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140117130753%26meid%3D9338396954bc48c189a2bacb91712fc4%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D4%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D331517785133

How are the offline-navigation Maps - whole Europe or only UK ? Does it show detailed maps or simple quality?

....hope, the tablet will support my steering wheel controls

....hope I can use my microfone of the parrot, because it´s already built in on top of the A-post

24748207af.jpg

24748208rj.jpg
Edited by 0ctavist

:clap:

Order from Amazon as you wont need to pay custom and shipping like i did when I ordered direct from Pumpkin.

I bought the camera in the licence plate holder for £20 and I bought wireless transmitter for £6, so probably around 35 - 40 Euros!

Offline maps are fine, Im using Mapfactor from the Playstore and have "Here" also. Both have simple and detailed maps available.

Yes the headunit can support the steering wheel.

I took my parrot out as I bought the headunit with Parrot built in, works great.

• 2 years later...