Anyone used the umbrella /s ?

Anyone used the umbrella ?

Was thinking today when looking at the car in the show room, when its wet do you just chuck it in the boot as a wet brollie in the door card is not really a great idea is it ?

First world problems. :)

Edited by RickTT

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the umbrella slots are drained. But I agree, I still wouldn't put a wet umbrella straight in there.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I wonder in 2/3 years time when its time to send lease cars back, trade ins, sales etc the umberellas are awol, long left under restaurant tables, train seats, by front doors etc!

Or rotted in a giant mould fest in the cover :)

Edited by RickTT
  • Like 1

I've not used the new "square" umbrellas in the Superb III but I used the umbrella often in the Superb II and would indeed just put in the boot (rubber mat fitted) after use to dry out. The Superb II was also supposed to drain but I never had the confidence to put it to the test.

I had a S2 combi SE which didn't have the umbrella, lease company said it wasn't std on the SE although the hole was there for it, my 2015 S2 SE Bus had one which I often used when picking kids up from school, the S2 was written off in the recent floods and I kick myself for not taking the umbrella out before it was collected. very useful feature in my opinion.

I'm told the only other car that has this feature is a rollsroyce.

Are the umbrellas different in the Mk3 from the Mk2?

The Mk2 has drainage channels built into the door moulding to drain the water away.

Granted if it was wet I'd initially put it back in the door till I got it home and then dry it overnight in the shower cubicle but as I've only ever used it three times in three years.

Are the umbrellas different in the Mk3 from the Mk2?

The Mk2 has drainage channels built into the door moulding to drain the water away.

Granted if it was wet I'd initially put it back in the door till I got it home and then dry it overnight in the shower cubicle but as I've only ever used it three times in three years.

Yes they are different, not sure if a S2 umbrella will fit in the S3 doors? (the MKI umbrella would not fit in the MKII)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Used an umbrella today and it literally fell apart in my hands (the handle did anyway).

I had looked at them before and the were flimsy as hell.

Went to my dealer and got a replacement that looked a lot higher quality.

Originals were these: http://i.imgur.com/8TMxWrP.jpg

Replacement was this: http://carproductstested.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Skoda-Superb-Estate-Outdoor-Plus-4%C3%974-2.0-TDI-140PS-review-0799.jpg

Which looks like the umbrella from the previous version.

Anyway, a small gust of wind tipped it too, but nevertheless it is a lot higher quality than the original.

I've used mine a couple of times in the last few days. The quality of it seems fine, pops up and down with no problem. It's a bit small so I'll probably only use it if I get caught in the rain unexpectedly.

Already lost the cover though!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

I had the same experience as Vaim. Used it once, and put it away. The next time it exploded in my hand leaving the handle behind and the rest of it shooting of down the road! I think they're OK it your caught out in a shower, but they're never robust enough for regular use. They are a warranty item so they were replaced without any problems.

Anyone used the umbrella ?

Was thinking today when looking at the car in the show room, when its wet do you just chuck it in the boot as a wet brollie in the door card is not really a great idea is it ?

First world problems. :)

I used my brolly on the S2 all the time, and put it straight back in wet without a thought for 4 years.

• 3 months later...

I had to replace the brolly in my S2 as the previous owner had misplaced it. I used it quite often, just leaving it to dry before packing and stowing it back in the door recess. Haven't looked at the new one yet.

***UPDATE*** Used them once, both broke on first use. Going to speak to local dealership on Saturday to see if they'll replace them under warranty. Total rubbish, won't use them again, just keep them safe for when I sell her on.