Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

I was wondering when the cake comes into it ;) haha.

Yeah it can be annoying how busy the roads are, but it can be fun on a bike cant it. You get to use the power to get past.

I had one worse yesterday. Following a row of 4 motorbikes, going slow. All close enough so i couldnt get in between them and far enough apart so there was never a straight long enough to do them all.

I thought when i caught up they might be nice and let me past, seeing as though i was enjoying the road. But no. Nothing.

Well its t minus 45 minutes until bike collection, weather is blustery but dry. It feels like Christmas !!!

Woo hoo.

Well you know the saying around these parts.  It ain't happened if there aren't any pictures. :D

• Like 1

Nice one Oli ! It goes to show that riding sensibly, wearing the right gear, a good clean bike and a courteous attitude is all that's needed.

The policeman would have made his mind up as soon as you took your lid off whether he would give you a hard time.

Good work.

I was only riding sensibly cos about 10 cars had flashed me a few miles before the layby he was in haha.

Another lad got stopped with a really small numberplate too, policeman starts tellin how it should be and the lad plays the 'oh i didnt realise it should be that size.. Ooh i didnt know that'. N im just thinkin, how the **** can you even start to try n blagg that? Its the most obvious thing in the world. Shoulda just admitted n apologised.

Its good they were stopping really. Said he'd had 2 uninsured bikes that day. Be ****ed if one those crashed into ya wouldnt you :D

Attitude test failure was the thing that got anyone in trouble with me. If they were fine with me I was fine with them because I learnt very early on I could always turn up the heat if required.

Well thats it isnt mate. I dont blame ya either, id be the same.

Just doing a job at the end of the day, like anyone else.

You can get away with abit more if you're nice cant ya hahaa

You know what Chris those that get a hard Time from the police generally deserve it or bring it on themselves.

Whether it be stopped by a copper, in the pub, at work or in a shop everyone deserves the same courtesy and consideration. Motorists just bring it on themselves.

I was stopped by a police biker when I was riding into 3 figures when I was late for a finals exam at uni - had studied late into the night, overslept and very very late.

He caught up with me at the uni entrance.

He was pretty red faced due to my speed but I calmly took the lid off, was dressed in full leathers and I surrender my licence before he said anything. I let him rip a strip off me before I was asked to explain myself.

I calmly told him the score.

Immediately he grinned, said he wouldn't make me any later, gave me the minimum 94mph 3 points and wished me good luck.

That's good policing in my view.

Thats always good. Youd expect a *******ing wouldnt ya haha.

My mate was tellin me yesterday. He got caught doing 117mph, which is obviously a ban isnt it. Got talkin to the copper, n he just did him for 99.3mph. Got away without thr ban and just 3 points. Which was nice too!

Edit: just seen its bike day!! Woo! Enjoy!

As Chris says, pics or it didnt happen ;)

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Well I'm back after new steed collection :-)

Was mildly moist for the journey home combined with shiny new tyres meant a steadyish first ride.

Dealer was brilliant, all ready for bang on 10am. Bike outside under cover looking stunning.

Handover was very thorough, went through everything and the specific items I asked to be checked were all done.

First impressions are how tall it is, forgotten how Li the k13 is

Was mildly moist for the journey home combined with shiny new tyres meant a steadyish first ride.

Dealer was brilliant, all ready for bang on 10am. Bike outside under cover looking stunning.

Handover was very thorough, went through everything and the specific items I asked to be checked were all done.

First impressions are how tall it is, forgotten how Li the k13 is

Fantastic. Glad to hear it.

Youve got a much better view now then? Thats always better.

Just one question. What was mildly moist, the weather or your pants? Ahaha

First impressions are how tall it is, forgotten how low the k13 is in comparison. The sound from the engine and exhaust on start up is immense, proper growl.

Throttle response is immediate and being fly by wire there is no slack in it. Takes off very smoothly but with much more vigour than the k. You notice how much lighter it is.

Shifting I very slick, real short throw. The quickshift is genius on both up and downshift.

Brakes are far superior to the k, tea bite and power being brembo monoblocks.

Handling pin point sharp especially with nice wide bars.

Weather protection is probably not as good as the k but the screen I way way better, hand guards just genius, they will be awesome in the winter.

Clocks are more modern and very clear.

Very very pleased and now to get some mileage on it and work out all the bits n bobs on it.

I'll get out in the garage later and grab a snap.

The wife made me take her out to get chicken feed and look at another 2 birds for the flock.

Glad I didn't go out for longer as it is absolutely chucking it down !!!

Enjoy it. Great bikes to have fun on so long as the roads don't have too many straight bits.

I've just got my SM990 out for the first tine since October and everything just clicked instantly. Please let us have some sunny days this year and enough free time to enjoy them.

Well chaps, here's the new steed. The cleanest it'll ever look....

A centre stand at last ! Well under rated lol

Mega! Thats lovely mate. Really nice. hope it fairs up well to the all year riding.

In other news. My mate put a deposit down on a k13s yesterday. HP version. (Not sure what extras the HP gets?)

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Morning chaps ! Yeah off out shortly now the rain has blown away.

Already booked the first service lol

Ooh the hp version is trick - akra exhaust and forged wheels I think ?

Definitely Chris, just need Oli to sort some wheels out now !!

Morning chaps ! Yeah off out shortly now the rain has blown away.

Already booked the first service lol

Ooh the hp version is trick - akra exhaust and forged wheels I think ?

Definitely Chris, just need Oli to sort some wheels out now !!

Bet you're loving it aha. Is it restricted for run in?

Im not sure whats different tbh mate. Does it get any more power then?

Yeah ill try n be quick people haha. VFR end today so hoping people get ****ed n bid it up hahaa

So to save me hunting it down again on there Oli have you had any bids?  Found it I see you have one bid so let's hope others go for it as well.  All you have to do now is find a replacement.

So to save me hunting it down again on there Oli have you had any bids? Found it I see you have one bid so let's hope others go for it as well. All you have to do now is find a replacement.

One bid mate yeah. Its gonna go up though

Just looking at stuff and came across this Oli:-

http://www.visordown.com/road-tests-used/buyer-guide-aprilia-tuono/14471.html

Not too sure if either you have seen it or if it is of any use.

Cheers chris, i hadnt seen that.

Reliability doesnt seem too bad does it. Nothin ive read puts me off, as nothing seems catastrophic. The engine is Rotax so pretty bulletproof apparently. Theres a connecter which can cause a problem, but thats similar to VFR's.

Id never really expect it to ride past a petrol station, ive a feeling its going to veer in when i try to. Itll be okay though. More for fun than anythin. I can always sell up n get somethin more practical if it bugs me :D.

Here is the thing though.  The sun is out, the weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer and after today you won't have a bike!  You will take ages to pick one because...well you are picky! :D   By which time the sun will have gone in, the weather will be getting colder and we will have been out and eat all the cake! :D :clap:

Here is the thing though. The sun is out, the weather is getting warmer, the days are getting longer and after today you won't have a bike! You will take ages to pick one because...well you are picky! :D By which time the sun will have gone in, the weather will be getting colder and we will have been out and eat all the cake! :D :clap:

Ahaaa. Yeah you do have a point. I am picky

But i dont mind travelling to anywhere in the country, so surely thats in my favour haha.

Bids on now ;).