Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

Hmm coming along nicely now. Guess who will glued to the screen in 4 1/2 hours or so? Good luck Oli.

I know mate. Cant stop lookin hahaa. If it got £3k id be pleased.

I paid 3200 with givi panniers 2 years and 10k miles ago.

Bought it knowing its lost most of what its going to lose though.

Edit: Colin hasnt put the brisky clock forward yet has he. Thought an hour went quick hahaa

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Bet you're loving it aha. Is it restricted for run in?

Im not sure whats different tbh mate. Does it get any more power then?

Yeah ill try n be quick people haha. VFR end today so hoping people get ****ed n bid it up hahaa

Yeah its limited to 9k revs until the first service. Todays 100 mile blast was only upto 6k but by eck does it motor. Way more overtaking grunt than the k. Wierd !

No more power but a smidge lighter with the trick parts.

Hows the bay of e looking mate ? Is it sold ?

Yeah its limited to 9k revs until the first service. Todays 100 mile blast was only upto 6k but by eck does it motor. Way more overtaking grunt than the k. Wierd !

No more power but a smidge lighter with the trick parts.

Hows the bay of e looking mate ? Is it sold ?

Mega. Should go well. Ive heard its a peach of a motor. Excited for the extra few K to be released? Should come alive then?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/162015222921

Gettin there buddy. 35 mins left.

Edited by fabiamk2SE

Its ridiculously grunty which considering its 300cc less than the k I can only presume the lower hearing is mainly responsible. Makes for very safe overtakes.

Its climbing up buddy, you'll sell that tonight I reckon.

Keep us posted fella !!

Yeah cant wait to get it run in and really let rip.

Its ridiculously grunty which considering its 300cc less than the k I can only presume the lower hearing is mainly responsible. Makes for very safe overtakes.

Its climbing up buddy, you'll sell that tonight I reckon.

Keep us posted fella !!

Yeah cant wait to get it run in and really let rip.

More highly tuned engine i guess? Hopeyou enjoy it any how its a beast. Big power, big handling and big visability. Should be a weapon! Id love one tbh.

Vfr's sold then!

More highly tuned engine i guess? Hopeyou enjoy it any how its a beast. Big power, big handling and big visability. Should be a weapon! Id love one tbh.

Vfr's sold then!

Good work mate !!

Pressures on for the next ride now Oli - Chris and I are ready for the meet up....dum de Dum de Dum.

That makes me think. What bhp is it?

A claimed 160. The k was a claimed 175 but with big losses in the shaft, extra weight the xr wins hands down. I gather the 160 figure is at the bottom end of what they actually produce at the flywheel.

Good price Oli. Will you have a little tear when she goes?

Nah mate. I dont get attached to bikes. Theyre a toy. Think more of my car than anythin tbf. Its slow but its great. We'll speak about that off forum maybe :)

With words like that we may need to consider banning you from the bikers forum mate :-)

Ahaa really? I do love bike, dont get me wrong. But i dont get attached. Soon trade in one for another. Like the k13 to a s1000xr i guess ;) haha

Well chaps, here's the new steed. The cleanest it'll ever look....

A centre stand at last ! Well under rated lol

And very nice too, are the seats as uncomfortable as they look.

• Like 1

Uncomfortable seats can be  nightmare.  The ones on the TEX start giving me grief after  about an hour but that is where the cake helps!  Little extra padding of my own makes for that lacking in the seat although I suspect Mad...runner is a little more lithe so could feel the grief more.  I don't think I could change back to a chain now with all the faff that goes with it.  Having said that if I ever do get around to buying a second bike to play with it will without doubt have a chain.

• Like 1

And very nice too, are the seats as uncomfortable as they look.

Hi fella, I can only say that after 100 miles they are spot on ! Hopefully that's the case after a day in the saddle.

Uncomfortable seats can be nightmare. The ones on the TEX start giving me grief after about an hour but that is where the cake helps! Little extra padding of my own makes for that lacking in the seat although I suspect Mad...runner is a little more lithe so could feel the grief more. I don't think I could change back to a chain now with all the faff that goes with it. Having said that if I ever do get around to buying a second bike to play with it will without doubt have a chain.

You spotted the exact dilemma I had Chris. After my first shaft drive I vowed never to go back to a chain. When I started looking at replacements there was nothing with a shaft that appealed. Tex1200, nice bike but not sporty enough, same with gs1200, rs1200 not enough grunt and too similar to the k13. R1200rt I'm Jo that old yet, viffer 1200 just too similar to the k.

A test ride on the xr just sealed it but ill have to get into a routine to clean and lube the chain once a week. At least with a centre stand its that much easier.

Time will tell.

I had a Scott oiler on both of my vfrs.  I have probably posted this before but the first one chucked oil all over my back tyre when I was learning the way around Cadwell on a track day working for Roger Burnett.  The second one never ever did work.  It always had an air lock and even ringing the suppliers or taking it back to the garage that fitted it made no difference at all.

It isn't the mess on the back wheel that bothers me because a lot of the chain lube now has anti fling properties and the wheel is easy enough to keep clean.  It isn't even oiling it that bugs me it is the having to clean the chain of all the crud that clings to it and having to adjust it that bugs the crap out of me.

I imagine the miles you are going to be doing Mad it will be a fairly constant task keeping on top of it and just hop it doesn't spoil your enjoyment of the bike.  The miles I do are minimal even though I ride all year and 'if' I do manage to buy a chain driven second bike the miles on that will be less because I will only ride it when Jane is not out with me so not such a PITA!

I fitted the touring scottoiler to my blackbirds and hid the reservoir in the tail unit and ran the pipework under the swing arm so it was invisible. It was ok but just meant a really mucky bike.

I will set aside a brew and 20 mins sat morning to do it religiously.

Talking to a number of people morer chains are far less stretchy than chains of old and can really handle the power.

I find the key to not adjusting chains I to get the crud off. Best done warm and relubed warm.

Time will tell I guess, my zzr600 that I boxed off 60000 miles in one year only ate 3 chains in that Tim and I managed to keep it immaculate.

Hopefully it wont become a chore as the bike is epic.

I fitted the touring scottoiler to my blackbirds and hid the reservoir in the tail unit and ran the pipework under the swing arm so it was invisible. It was ok but just meant a really mucky bike.

I will set aside a brew and 20 mins sat morning to do it religiously.

Talking to a number of people morer chains are far less stretchy than chains of old and can really handle the power.

I find the key to not adjusting chains I to get the crud off. Best done warm and relubed warm.

Time will tell I guess, my zzr600 that I boxed off 60000 miles in one year only ate 3 chains in that Tim and I managed to keep it immaculate.

Hopefully it wont become a chore as the bike is epic.

That is some mileage in a year on a bike.

Edited by rekib

And you're on the bikers forum because ?!!! :-)

I'll ask the mods if we can start a plumbers or van section, dont want you feeling left out mate...

Have you seen any other tuonos yet on line or is the search starting in earnest now ?

Now its getting warmer well be under pressure for a meet up and cake.

And you're on the bikers forum because ?!!! :-)

I'll ask the mods if we can start a plumbers or van section, dont want you feeling left out mate...

Have you seen any other tuonos yet on line or is the search starting in earnest now ?

Now its getting warmer well be under pressure for a meet up and cake.

Haa good point. ill go to a T5 forum ;).

I have seen a really nice one actually. 1 owner, less than 5k miles. But its a little bit over budget, so ill have to see.

The search is on! Dno when ill get time though. Work all week and taking my mate to get his k13 next weekend. Which looks a stunner on the pics aswel btw.