Briski Bikers Come Forward! - Part II 'General Banter'

FUBAR

Hhmmm... and who do i blame for that before i get chucked over board :D

The most likely culprate  would be called Kirk  :angel:

• Like 1

Another tragic premature end to a road race , RIP Malachi Mitchell Thomas :(

Just catching up on NW 200. There was abit of a special on Malachi in his 280SX. Obv not todays race im watching yet.

What a shame :(.

• Like 1

Just catching up on NW 200. There was abit of a special on Malachi in his 280SX. Obv not todays race im watching yet.

What a shame :(.

Yesterdays now. Saturdays will be on BBC One NI tonight at 22:30 and Monday night at 22:45 for the NW200 round up of the event (iplayer to follow of course)  

Saturdays: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bm6zw

Round Up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bm96c

Here's Thursdays (might be the one you're watching?) Has the Malachi feature bit broadcast Friday evening. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07b0fry/bikes-2016-episode-2

Yesterdays now. Saturdays will be on BBC One NI tonight at 22:30 and Monday night at 22:45 for the NW200 round up of the event (iplayer to follow of course)  

Saturdays: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bm6zw

Round Up: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bm96c

Here's Thursdays (might be the one you're watching?) Has the Malachi feature bit broadcast Friday evening. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b07b0fry/bikes-2016-episode-2

Cheers for those Fubs. Very good of you :)

Didnt quite know which one i was watching at the time, but yes, looks like it was Thursday then :)

Such a shame though. Seemed a nice lad! 

• Like 1

Cheers for those Fubs. Very good of you :)

Didnt quite know which one i was watching at the time, but yes, looks like it was Thursday then :)

Such a shame though. Seemed a nice lad! 

The way they number the 'Bikes!' shows covers not just the NW200, Episode 1 is the Cookstown 100 then 2 comes over to the NW200 with Episodes 2/3/4 covering the race in its entirety. Sadly there were a few red flags before Malachi's inc a security alert at the Ballysally roundabout requiring EOD. 

Here was my new spots and views for the fastest possible NW200 action at Black Bridge. A good few records were smashed inc more than once (in part due to best weather in years for entire race week!) 208.9mph was fastest through speed trap on Sat  :clap: With the conditions being bang tidy all were able to really open their machines right up, struggling to keep the front wheels down even on straights the 2 helicopters were sling shotting to eachother in a tag team to try and keep up with as much coverage as they could, but did leave gaps :D

Live just starting RIGHT NOW Sat's coverage here (if you click link before it's finished airing you can restart the program, otherwise will be an hour or 4 before it's on iplayer to watch on demand):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcone?area=northern_ireland

Edited by FUBAR

Like how most of those spots meant you became part hedge :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not as close as you can get on some of the other road races but pretty close anyway. Standing on a block above the hedge looking slightly down on the bikes is great, but when you get a pack go past at 190-200mph odd it can near suck you into the road. I got jagged many many times by the barbed wire and prickly bush :D 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yeah well that isn't too difficult for a plumber is it? :D :p

Not when bikes are involved. Work takes a takes second priority :D.

It did get robbed last weekend though. Broke in, tried to start it in the genal near his house (starting a 990 Vtwin in a genal with twin akropovics at 3am, were they on smack? Actually, probably...) fortunately he got it back.

Annoying though. Locks destroyed.

Keep an eye on those bikes guys!

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/news/crime/peterborough-motorcyclist-caught-at-one-of-highest-speeds-ever-recorded-in-cambridgeshire-1-7526866

160mph on the A47. 

I can't help thinking that they wouldn't of caught him he'd of kept it pinned! 

Sad thing is.. yes its dangerous and blah blah, but he'll likely go to prison, lose his job, fail to pay his mortgage, etc etc. When some scrotum kicks the lights out of a pensioner and get a few hours community service. 

• 3 months later...

Welcome! 

Yeah its the best part of the forum too ;)

What are you riding then? :)

Cheers, I imagine this is where the real passions are!

Currently on a Z1000SX.

What about everyone else?

• Like 1

Cheers, I imagine this is where the real passions are!

Currently on a Z1000SX.

What about everyone else?

Yeah, not those metal cage things :D

Ooh nice. How do you find it? Seems to be a very well rated bike? 

I've recently bought an MT09 Tracer in September, Aprilia Tuono before that. 

Hmm, Chris has a Tiger Explorer, Ade's got a R1200GS, Madrunners on an S1000XR.. Prykeys on a Sprint GT and a Harley... CWARD is a big KTM man... the list goes on :D

Love it - had a bit of a break (4 years) and just got back into it, so everything is shiny once again (helmet, leathers etc!)

It's awesome, had some cracking rides on it - first 'sensible' bike I've had and loving the torque grunt.

Previous are ZX10-R and a CBR600, the ninja was an absolute beast and the CBR was the nicest entry into riding I could've hoped for. 

A good selection from the forum then! Do you guys meet up?

• Like 1

Love it - had a bit of a break (4 years) and just got back into it, so everything is shiny once again (helmet, leathers etc!)

It's awesome, had some cracking rides on it - first 'sensible' bike I've had and loving the torque grunt.

Previous are ZX10-R and a CBR600, the ninja was an absolute beast and the CBR was the nicest entry into riding I could've hoped for. 

A good selection from the forum then! Do you guys meet up?

Yeah sometimes abit more sensible is nice isnt it :D

We do meet up. Sort of. So far its just me, Chris, Dave (madrunner) and LittleAde, we've met up a good few times this year. We even went for a night on the beer in Lincoln a few weeks back. Was a cracking night. Theres talks of other members meeting up but nothing has materialised yet. 

Madrunner has moved to France but us 3 are thinking of cracking off a 750 mile day or so n saying ello. Coming back a few days later. Long weekend perhaps. 

Come for a meet some time, probably be next summer now. But its always nice to meet new folk :)

Hi all - new Skoda owner, but have been a biker for almost a decade now. Good to see a car forum have a biking section!

Hi there, at least you are closer to me than the others lol. 

Yeah sometimes abit more sensible is nice isnt it :D

We do meet up. Sort of. So far its just me, Chris, Dave (madrunner) and LittleAde, we've met up a good few times this year. We even went for a night on the beer in Lincoln a few weeks back. Was a cracking night. Theres talks of other members meeting up but nothing has materialised yet. 

Madrunner has moved to France but us 2 are thinking of cracking off a 750 mile day or so n saying ello. Coming back a few days later. Long weekend perhaps. ​Ade doesn't have to rush anymore so might set off early and take a bit longer to get there at a more leisurely pace and make a week of it. 

Come for a meet some time, probably be next summer now. But its always nice to meet new folk :)

FTFY :peek: