Guy Martin Speed - F1 Special

Coops

Looking forward to this one. Drag race- The car wins but only just. Slalom- Guy wins this one. Brake test, with four big tyres and carbon fibre composite discs, I am going with the car. Full circuit race, with all that down force and grip, the car again. Would love Guy to clean up, but I think the car has the edge.

• Like 1

Will make sure i watch this, quite a fan of Guy Martin shows

Ditto, always worth a viewing.

Car to win all of it

I think the bike will surprise by doing better than many think

Not sure!!

That BMW is possibly the best bike available today, be it the road version, or the road-racing team bikes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boOnygO-ZWc

Sadly impossible, because the vermilion male bovine would beach itself on Bray Hill.

Not if they fit a dixie horn to it surely? 

• Like 1

Looking forward to this one. Drag race- The car wins but only just. Slalom- Guy wins this one. Brake test, with four big tyres and carbon fibre composite discs, I am going with the car. Full circuit race, with all that down force and grip, the car again. Would love Guy to clean up, but I think the car has the edge.

Probably, even if they fitted (dry weather) Moto-GP style brakes to the BMW (carbon discs & pads)

Bikes don't normally corner as fast as cars but make it up on the straights.. 

Definitely setting this to record, quite like a bit of Guy Martin (not in a pervy way)  :happy:

I wonder if the car will be ajusted between tests?

i.e. F1 cars being good either for cornering or high speeds but not both at the same time

Edited by Aspman
  • Like 1

Enjoyed it

Didnt know why they were on wets for some of the tests though.

Quite a team for that F1 car eh!

I wonder if it because it was cold? Wet weather tyres work colder than slicks.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I enjoyed.

I have seen a Nissan GTR go quicker on the 1/4 mile at Crail & a BMW S1000RR just about do the same 1/4 mile.

http://crailraceway.co.uk

It will do, because that Tyco S1000rr is a superbike, so not too much changes in terms of power really. They can only change certain things. Hence the electric start and speedo etc

A motoGP bike would of been a fairer game. They are race bikes from the ground up. Carbon ceramic brakes etc.

But Guy doesnt have a MotoGP bike. Just the S1000RR and a Triumph 675r for the supersport

Edited by fabiamk2SE
  • Like 3