Help me choose springs for my vRS ( eibach, VWR, h&r )

Can't decided which springs for my vRS hatch.

I like the eibachs but not sure if they are low enough.

H&Rs I like the look of but always been told they are crashey

The VWR's seem best of both but not seen many reviews or pics.

Any pics/reviews of your lowered vRS to convince me would be great.

I recall another thread on here about replacing oem springs, don't think it was for a vRS though but a lot of the pros and cons of different types were run through and there was a good bit of info if that's of any use to you

2016 - I have had the Eibach Pro Kit fitted for over a week now and have to say I have been really impressed. You really notice the difference at motorways speeds but they are still comfortable for around town and no problems with speed bumps.  I choose the Pro Kit as I wanted to get the balance of lowering with still being able to put the camping gear in the back. When I looked at the H&R's I felt they needed spacers and with the Eibachs I dont think you do.

Just have some side shots for now which are not the best so can take some tomorrow if needed.

post-110000-0-80128300-1458084795_thumb.jpg

Edited by pkoconnor
  • Like 2

Can't decided which springs for my vRS hatch.

I like the eibachs but not sure if they are low enough.

H&Rs I like the look of but always been told they are crashey

The VWR's seem best of both but not seen many reviews or pics.

Any pics/reviews of your lowered vRS to convince me would be great.

Eibach to a pro kit and a sportline kit.  Sportlines are lower but stiffer.  I'm looking at this too..  ebay.de has some great prices for eibachs.

VWR - only mention i've seen of those on here was a guy who'd fitted golf springs - not a good idea IMO as they won't have the same load rating as needed for an octavia.  Lots of guys on here with H&R's but tbh i think these seem to sit a bit lower at the rear from what i've seen.  

I have a set of springs from Eibach installed, been on there for around 6 months now, quite happy with them on the driving/handling front and the ride height.  If I was on track more I'd go for a more expensive option, but for normal driving and occasional track I think they're great for the price.  Pictures from my gallery below.

VRS with Eibach 25mm

VRS with RVO19 Matt Anthracite

VRS with RVO19 Matt Anthracite length

• Like 3

I have a set of springs from Eibach installed, been on there for around 6 months now, quite happy with them on the driving/handling front and the ride height.  If I was on track more I'd go for a more expensive option, but for normal driving and occasional track I think they're great for the price.  Pictures from my gallery below.

@michaelaa - thanks for that.  just ordered a set.  

:)

• Like 1

@michaelaa thanks for the pics. Is that the pro kit black springs ?

@pkoconnor car looks lovely some more pics would be great.

Yes the ones for the estate though as they are different.

H&R are not crashy at all. Very very nice ride. Here's mine on H&R with 12mm spacers all round

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

LOVE that look. I'm a sucker for a more aggressive stance, but unfortunately I'm on a two year PCH deal so no dice. I have a "metal grey" (now Quartz) estate with the Pictoris, so these pics are a real "look at what you could have won" moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H&R are not crashy at all. Very very nice ride. Here's mine on H&R with 12mm spacers all round

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

That looks great - any change of a rear diagonal shot to see how the wheels sit in the arches.

One of my biggest gripes about my estate is that the wheels look a little lost in the arches

LOVE that look. I'm a sucker for a more aggressive stance, but unfortunately I'm on a two year PCH deal so no dice. I have a "metal grey" (now Quartz) estate with the Pictoris, so these pics are a real "look at what you could have won" moment.

Attached pic of rear arches. First one is with 20mm spacers on and second one is much dirtier with 12mm spacers on

post-129270-0-77914000-1458316144_thumb.jpeg

post-129270-0-12325300-1458316194_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Attached pic of rear arches. First one is with 20mm spacers on and second one is much dirtier with 12mm spacers on

Part numbers for the H&R vrs is 28833-2

Mines on pcp but I'll buy it at the end of the deal unless the 4x4 vrs comes as a manual by then

20mm spacers defy look better :)

Lowered on H&R's.

No more 'crashy' than any other VAG based car I've driven in the past 10 years (they're all pretty harsh from the factory)... and with the **** state of the roads here and in the UK you'd be hard pushed to make much of 'true' evaluation anyway in my opinion!

I find handling is much improved... and I'd much rather feel the road however bumpy it is.

IMG 0506

IMG 0505

IMG 0504

IMG 0507

Edited by Nookiebear