Model year 2017

In my updated 2016 brochure it states Bolero, Amundsen and Columbus all as 8".

Which country is your brochure?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Not sure this is a text error on Skodas part or not regarding the 8 inch screens.

As you would not expect the base standard Balero to be pair with a 8 inch screen.. you would expect it to get the Amundsen without sat nav.

The pic it the 6.5 screen

Bolero-MJ-2017-e1460348462784.png

Amundsen-MJ-2017.png

New button lay out ?? however i cant find any other trace of this ??

Modelljahr-2017-kabelloses-laden.jpg

try this link

http://www.skoda-portal.de/index.php/2016/04/superb-modelljahr-2017/

Edited by RickTT

Not sure this is a text error on Skodas part or not regarding the 8 inch screens.

As you would not expect the base standard Balero to be pair with a 8 inch screen.. you would expect it to get the Amundsen without sat nav.

Amundsen-MJ-2017.png

try this link

Thanks, looks promising if correct. I ordered a SE in mid April so expecting to get MY 2017. 8 inch display would be a nice bonus.

Larger screen makes sense as all Mondeo are 8 inch.

Is skoda-portal an official skoda site?

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Amundsen-MJ-2017.png

try this link

That's a stock picture of an Octavia 3, is it not? Laziness on their part  :D

There's no logic in altering the button layout. 

Skoda are renowned for cocking up press releases and the content of their brochures and websites. 

Oh, and....LED-Ambientebeleuchtung mit 10 Farben

10 LED colours. Hopefully this is a software type update that can be carried out retrospectively on 'older' cars. 

EDIT: Yes, I know this isn't an official Skoda press release, but my comment still stands. There are always mistakes! 

Edited by dstev2000

The addition of self levelling rear suspension is pretty irritating though. I really need that with all the weight I carry in the back. Saying that, Skoda can't even get the original rear suspension working properly yet. (knock, knock?). 

• Like 1

Received this email update from my dealer:

Superb MY17 changes from week 22

Complete overview of model year changes on vehicles built from 30 May 2016

The specification changes below are being introduced on cars built from week 22 2016 (starting Monday 30 May).

ŠKODA UK will convert orders already in the system to make sure production is filled. Please also check your orders after 30 May to make sure they are not displaying as ‘error in structure’ in SLi and need their specifications updating.

Standard equipment changes

New design of inside rear-view mirror

The auto-dimming mirror will have a frameless design from SE trim.

Additional colours for ambient lighting

The colours of ambient lighting in the LED Package Plus will increase to 10 colours. The LED Package Plus will only be available in combination with KESSY.

Options

Wireless mobile phone charging

Wireless charging will be available as an option for customers with phones listed here.

This option is only available from SE. The list of compatible phones will be updated regularly and customers must check with their phone supplier for compatibility. Customers may also need additional hardware for their phones.

The phone tray design will change to accommodate this option

Wheels

Superb GreenLine

Superb GreenLine SE and SE L Executive will have a new-design standard wheel, the 17-inch Dracon:

Removals

Superb L&K will no longer come with a TV tuner as standard. It will still be available to order as an option, but only in combination with rear-view parking camera and rear windscreen wiper. The rear windscreen wiper is standard for Estate and a no-cost option for Hatch.

As communicated previously, all existing customer orders placed up to 1 April 2016 for Superb L&K will be price-protected and supplied with a TV tuner free of charge. However, to build the cars, Hatch models must be ordered with rear-view camera and rear wiper (also supplied free of charge).

Other changes

• Amundsen and Columbus sat-nav available only with wi-fi (order code PT4). Wi-fi is standard from SE Business

• Bolero radio and Amundsen sat-nav screen sizes increase from 6.5 to 8 inches (SD card still required for Amundsen)

• Canton sound system available only with KESSY

• Retractable parcel shelf only available in black (previously black or beige)

The addition of self levelling rear suspension is pretty irritating though. I really need that with all the weight I carry in the back. Saying that, Skoda can't even get the original rear suspension working properly yet. (knock, knock?).

Is the self levelling with the integrated tow bar a confirmed change for MY2017? As we will be towing a caravan with the Superb that would be a very welcome upgrade.

Interesting, I wonder what that looks like?

Received this email update from my dealer:

Superb MY17 changes from week 22

Complete overview of model year changes on vehicles built from 30 May 2016

The specification changes below are being introduced on cars built from week 22 2016 (starting Monday 30 May).

ŠKODA UK will convert orders already in the system to make sure production is filled. Please also check your orders after 30 May to make sure they are not displaying as ‘error in structure’ in SLi and need their specifications updating.

Standard equipment changes

Additional colours for ambient lighting

The colours of ambient lighting in the LED Package Plus will increase to 10 colours. The LED Package Plus will only be available in combination with KESSY.

Options

Wireless mobile phone charging

Wireless charging will be available as an option for customers with phones listed here.

This option is only available from SE. The list of compatible phones will be updated regularly and customers must check with their phone supplier for compatibility. Customers may also need additional hardware for their phones.

The phone tray design will change to accommodate this option

Wheels

Superb GreenLine

Superb GreenLine SE and SE L Executive will have a new-design standard wheel, the 17-inch Dracon:

Removals

Superb L&K will no longer come with a TV tuner as standard. It will still be available to order as an option, but only in combination with rear-view parking camera and rear windscreen wiper. The rear windscreen wiper is standard for Estate and a no-cost option for Hatch.

As communicated previously, all existing customer orders placed up to 1 April 2016 for Superb L&K will be price-protected and supplied with a TV tuner free of charge. However, to build the cars, Hatch models must be ordered with rear-view camera and rear wiper (also supplied free of charge).

Other changes

• Amundsen and Columbus sat-nav available only with wi-fi (order code PT4). Wi-fi is standard from SE Business

• Bolero radio and Amundsen sat-nav screen sizes increase from 6.5 to 8 inches (SD card still required for Amundsen)

• Canton sound system available only with KESSY

• Retractable parcel shelf only available in black (previously black or beige)

Well.. kind of disappointed such big changes so soon, expected as a LCI mid term but so soon ? ...  more so for the SE business... now with Wifi, wirless charging,  rear self levelling, (i have a towbar), new interior mirror (wonder if you can disable the auto dimming?), new bigger 8 inch screen,

Still more than happy with the car, its just feels a bit soon...

Wonder how many now will bother upgrading to the Columbus, more so our EU friends where it does not come standard on the top 2 trims levels in some markets.

Edited by RickTT

I'm very pleased. For the same reason I guess. Due bw25 and the 8" screen is the bit I'm most pleased about. It looked a bit lost with that thick bezel at 6.5". Not that I'll be at al disappointed if I end up in bw21 and jumping the queue.

I am getting KESSY for free, but i'm afraid i'll also be getting the rear wiper because i have the camera specced...don't like the rear wiper at all : /

I wonder if it can be easily removed afterwards.

Would love progressive steering too, but not if it means getting sport suspension.

Is the self levelling with the integrated tow bar a confirmed change for MY2017? As we will be towing a caravan with the Superb that would be a very welcome upgrade.

Not confirmed as yet. Equipment availability varies with each country so we might not even see it at all. Chances are we will as no doubt the Superb will be a popular tow car and this will be a massive boost when towing a caravan. One thing that is certain: it won't be a standard feature on most if not all models. It'll most likely be a cost option across the range. 

What's with this frameless rear view mirror? I thought the MY16 design was pretty new? I know one common criticism with reviewers is the current mirror is a little too small. Maybe this newer design addresses that? It might also come with an on/off switch this time round..... 

So the TV tuner will become an option even on the L&K now? That's a pity as I actually like the telly in my car. 

I'm still quite surprised there are this many changes to the spec, given the car has been out 5 minutes. Usually the MY changes are pretty small. 

Maybe the front and rear washers are being altered as well? They should be as pretty much everyone agrees they are not up to the job. 

• Like 1

I'm guessing my order will be one of the last MY16 cars on the line without the upgrades but hey ho I'm waiting for the car that caught my eye with the specs I wanted and needed.

If you wait for the latest version be it a car or computer then you'll never get it.

If my S3 is as good as my outgoing S2 I'll be a happy bunny.

Edited by philpix

it never ceases to amaze me why you have to have certain options in conjunction with others? Why would you need KESSY to have Canton Audio  :no:

I really don't get why they put an 8 inch screen as standard. Would think they wanted people to pay for an upgrade to the biggest screen. If the navigation is the only difference i think that there will be alot fewer upgrades.

I really don't get why they put an 8 inch screen as standard. Would think they wanted people to pay for an upgrade to the biggest screen. If the navigation is the only difference i think that there will be alot fewer upgrades.

If the competition is doing it as standard then it makes sense. I have no idea if they are mind you, just speculating. Big screens seem to be 'in' just now.

I had self-levelling rear suspension on all my V6 mondy estates & it was a real boon, electric scooters / wheelchairs are quite heavy! 

Maybe it's just my eyes that are not working this morning but seems like the 19 Antracite whels have changed to black in the configurator. Checked the Norwegain and English config.

I hope that is Phoenix Anthracite in black and not Pegasus. I would love all black wheels on an L&K (then just need to get the chrome all blackes out)

If the competition is doing it as standard then it makes sense. I have no idea if they are mind you, just speculating. Big screens seem to be 'in' just now.

I guess it's possible that it's just simpler and cheaper to just order all 8" screens and simplify the manufacturing process and perhaps get better prices too.

The cost of Bolero is higher on 2017 btw. Went from 270€ to 320€ here. There is no way the manufacturer price difference for 6,5" and 8" is 50€ :D

Let's face it - you are not going to get amundsen or columbus only for the screen - you want the navigation, which bolero does not give.