Best Skoda for a Tall Person?

Chorlton

What is comfortable for some people isn't always comfortable for somebody else, I would suggest he goes and test drives or sits in a few maybe. I'm sure a Yeti, Octavia or superb would be plenty big enough at least. If he needs to get people in the back though the best choice would be the Superb as there is plenty of rear legloom for the seat to be quite far back and still get a passenger in

• Like 1

The Octavia is fine providing he doesn't require rear leg room, I'm 6ft7 and I've just upgraded to a Superb which has bags of legroom and I'm really comfortable with plenty room in the front

G

Does your friend require ease of entry as well as internal room? I'm 6'6"ish and found the Octavia too low for regular entry and exit. What is wanted, new, versatility, style, etc? I have a Yeti as I prefer a high entry, but as a vehicle I preferred my Roomster (but only a mother could love its looks!) so a Fabia would fit. Your friend needs to get around a dealership.

A mere 6'4" and a bit here (36" inside leg) and the Octy III is fine for me, although my Mk1 Superb had more room and was easier to get in and out of.

Gaz

What is comfortable for some people isn't always comfortable for somebody else, I would suggest he goes and test drives or sits in a few maybe.

Good advice.

Not only are there differences between models, there are also differences within the same model range. 

I'm 6ft and I found the seats in my Roomster Scout far more comfortable than those in my Roomster SE.

Good advice.

Not only are there differences between models, there are also differences within the same model range.

I'm 6ft and I found the seats in my Roomster Scout far more comfortable than those in my Roomster SE.

+1 on this. Don't buy a vRS if you need to take people who struggle with mobility or you struggle to get in and out. My mk3 octavia vRS is a damn sight better than the mk1 Fabia vRS in both leg room and accessibility but it's still no picnic for people who struggle to get in and out of cars at the best of times.

I'm only 6 foot but the mk3 is fine for me and my 6"6 mate to sit "in line" (me driving, him behind me). The complaints are usually more about the driving ;)

• Like 1

Good advice.

Also probably worth mentioning that if you get electrically adjustable seats there is more scope for adjustment than manual seats.

• Like 1

It's not just height he has to take into consideration, but body proportion.

I'm approximately 6'1", and I find I have to rule out the majority of vehicles with a sunroof;Nissan Quasquai-thingy, Suzuki Vitara, Skoda Superb. I have to tilt the seat back so far too avoid hitting the roof lining that I can practically look out the rear passenger side window. Yet people who are much taller fit them with ease.

So it would appear height wise, I'm short in leg, long in body.

Edited by Guest

I popped in to the dealership this morning so my wife and four year old could give the Yeti (I've just ordered one) a good once over. The Yeti isn't spectacular in terms of driver leg room, but with the seat at its lowest position I found there was enough for me (6'4").

There is a fair bit more in the Octavia 3, but it's lower down and therefore not so easy to get in and out of. So to summarise, if you've got bad knees, the Octavia wins. If you've got a knackered back, go for the Yeti :)

I have a Fabia Monte Carlo I'm 6' 4" but have my seat quite far forward (my wife is 5' and I just put the seat down, as she has it all the way up and I don't adjust it forwards or back) the driving style could also have an effect on the seating position but I'm more than comfortable on the Fabia, not so much so in the wife's Yeti though!

It's not just height he has to take into consideration, but body proportion.

I'm approximately 6'1", and I find I have to rule out the majority of vehicles with a sunroof;Nissan Quasquai-thingy, Suzuki Vitara, Skoda Superb. I have to tilt the seat back so far too avoid hitting the roof lining that I can practically look out the rear passenger side window. Yet people who are much taller fit them with ease.

So it would appear height wise, I'm short in leg, long in body.

I'm all leg. So I find that good steering rake/adjustment is key. I'm older or low cars I tend to end up with the seat so far back that my arms are a little too outstretched.

I'm 6'7" and my Octavia MK2 is plenty comfortable for me.

Don't have any complaints from rear seat passengers either.

Not sure if it would be as comfortable with a manual gearbox as not sure it has the left foot rest or if there would even be enough room to get my foot onto it with a clutch pedal.

Thanks for all the replies.

He tried an Octavia but found he was looking downwards through the windscreen too much.  He liked the Yeti position but no room behind his seat for passengers.  Superb is probably the best fit.