What annoys you most on the Fabia?

Here is my list for what it is worth:

1   In heavy rain, it runs off the A pillars over the wing mirrors making them virtually useless.

2   Only one reversing light, on the wrong side for a RHD car.

3   The rear screen heater shuts off on its own, mine varies between 6 to 10 minutes.

I am sure that after I post this, I will think of some more bur here goes!!

• Like 1

1.  Agree,

very bad design.

Never bothers me i never watch myself reversing,

and i never expect reversing lights to light my way going backwards & as long as other road users see a reversing light i am Larry.

I only want the Rear Demister on long enough to demist, so i see it going off automatically as a bonus.

Here is my list for what it is worth:

1   In heavy rain, it runs off the A pillars over the wing mirrors making them virtually useless.

2   Only one reversing light, on the wrong side for a RHD car.

3   The rear screen heater shuts off on its own, mine varies between 6 to 10 minutes.

I am sure that after I post this, I will think of some more bur here goes!!

Only 3 issues ,must be the perfect car !!

I loved my 2x mk1 vRS and my 1 x mk2 vRS imperfections and all.

I wonder what the mk3 owner would say?

• Like 1

Only 3 issues ,must be the perfect car !!

I loved my 2x mk1 vRS and my 1 x mk2 vRS imperfections and all.

I wonder what the mk3 owner would say?

I have perused the mark III forum, and there seem to be loads of niggles! I always think a car is best bought towards the end of it life (before the new model comes in) as most of the things that go wrong have been fixed! e.g cthe enige on mark II ect ..... I think new models often have more niggles ;)

• Like 2

In order of annoyance:

1) Colours on the radio display don't match the instrument lights, how cheap and nasty is that!

2) Lack of traction control.

3) The onboard computer....I simply don't need one and I begrudge having payed for something I don't want, or will ever use!

4) I didn't like the central locking logic so I've had it reprogrammed to one press opens/closes everything.

5) Nothing else.

I have a few:

• Multiple presses of the key to completely unlock car (now fixed though but it was a little annoying when I first got it)
  • Having to wait for the MDI to stop "initialising" so I can listen to music plugged into my Aux (can take between 5 secs and 30 secs for it to... "Initialise")
  • The mute button on the wheel doesn't mute right away instead takes more like 3 secs to mute, then 3 secs to un-mute.
  • For some reason my drivers side of the windscreen takes up to 3 times longer to clear than the passenger side on cold mornings.
  • The stock headlights suck, so bad, my GF's Ford EcoSport puts them to shame.
  • For a '13 plate car the interior and dashboard looks and feels very dated.

It's a good thing I love the car for what it is and how it performs.

• Like 1

1) Headlights. Worst car I've ever had for seeing in the dark. HID conversion helped & it passed its MOT. (Note to the Scaremongers on this forum)

2) Road noise. Unacceptably loud. Tried insulation & different tyres but still noisy.

3) Harsh ride. Maybe my next thing to look at now I'm not bound by warranty issues.

4) Oil consumption (CTHE engine). Still an ongoing issue.

5) Road holding but the H&R RARB sorted that.

Not many niggles really for a 3 year old car, & after many road tests haven't found anything I would want to replace it with - not within my budget that is!

• Like 1

[*]For some reason my drivers side of the windscreen takes up to 3 times longer to clear than the passenger side on cold mornings.

[*]The stock headlights suck, so bad, my GF's Ford EcoSport puts them to shame.

(1) That's because the ventilation system is optimised for LHD cars. Obviously there are more LHD than RHD cars sold world wide so it makes sense to accommodate the majority. ;)

(2) I had my headlights checked when I had the car new and they were set at the factory at the lowest legal limit. I had the dealer adjust them to the highest legal setting and they're now excellent!

Actually the world have plenty of manufacturers that designed cars as right hand drive. European manufacturears seem to treat right hand drive vehicles as 2nd class. Like with the pathetic headlight adjustment as cars arrive in the UK

You know it makes sense, buy Japanese or Indian cars built in Britain.

1 - My 2011 vRS oil consumption

2-Water runs off the roof and into the car when turning a corner (probably happens on all cars tbh)

As for the rest of the car it's the best car I've owned by a long stretch.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

(1) That's because the ventilation system is optimised for LHD cars. Obviously there are more LHD than RHD cars sold world wide so it makes sense to accommodate the majority. ;)

(2) I had my headlights checked when I had the car new and they were set at the factory at the lowest legal limit. I had the dealer adjust them to the highest legal setting and they're now excellent!

Hm that sucks about the vents :|  and I might have a word with my local Skoda guys and see if they can do anything with my headlights, just depressing when I have to question myself if they're actually working sometimes in dim environments.

Had mine two weeks

Most annoying so far is the Pull To The Left  :devil:

I've only heard 'pull' complaints on the Monte - what boots are on it? My MKI vRS had a very slight tug to the left - nothing worth bothering about - but the MKII is straight as a die.

• Like 1

Road noise from the awful Bridgestone Turanza tyres, and the very evident lack of sound proofing throughout the car - it is fatiguing to the extent that I am considering a change - (perhaps a fiesta?)

I am very annoyed that these tyres were fitted as standard when new - just shows a lack of judgement by skoda

I've only heard 'pull' complaints on the Monte - what boots are on it? My MKI vRS had a very slight tug to the left - nothing worth bothering about - but the MKII is straight as a die.

It's on the original Dunlop tyres just about to turn 5000 miles

It's only a issue when you take your hand off the wheel it pulls left had the alignment done the day but still a pull

What adjustment was made to the alignment and who did it.

Skodas answer to pulling left was to replace the Dunlop Sport Maxx with Pirelli Zero Nero, 

but that just disguised the issue, it did not actually address the Mis-Alignment.

Edited by GoneOffSKi
  • Like 2

Slightly off topic, but my 2013 Diesel Monte has never pulled to the left (or right) from new and it's now on it's third set of Continental Sport Contact tyres on the front. I fail to see how just changing the make and/or type of tyre can solve a tracking issue. Sounds like BS to me. If they can easily misalign headlights at the factory then track rod ends will hardly be a challenge to them. Seems like the in-house QC needs adjusting too! :D

Well it does and did.  It never solved them, it made it less noticeable.

The Pirelli Zero Nero are skittery and lighter, less tread on the road than the Dunlop Sport Maxx in 205/40 R17, 

and the Pirelli Zero Nero in 205/40 R 17 when new are a bit taller than the Dunlops.

Plenty members here had Skoda fit the Pirellis after the Dealerships and even Audi Dealerships failed to correct the misalignment,

Read the threads maybe, there are at least 6 of them.

Edited by GoneOffSKi