And it went into limp mode untill I turned the ignition off then back on again and got the power back I had a galaxy mk1 (made by vw/audi) that also done the same turned out to be a pipe in the ecu to the MAP sensor are these AHU engines the same or similar to the one in the Octavia vag showed 17563 manifold pressure sensor p1155

In addition to the above might be choked EGR ( take off and wash out ) and/or buildup of soft corbony gunk downwind of the EGR  ( scrape off with care not to let the stuff disappear into the engine. )

Is it like mine with an ASV engine ?

At this stage how many of us with ASV units havnt had issues with stuck turbo vanes ?

Oven cleaner the turbo, google it lots of into and some videos, it really works mine is an asv too it kept going into limp mode like running with no turbo power at all, I did the cleaner now its back to normal no limp mode for over 2 months now.:)

I had this on my ASV engine. It is usually the turbo has a sticking vane control ring. No codes came up on VCDS.

You may find that the operating rod going into the turbo is stiff or has limited movement. One way to check is to disconnect the pipe from the operator and then suck and blow to check movement. My garage had a special pump with gauge for doing this; this show how common is this problem.

You could use a chemical cleaner (oven cleaner) or you can take off the turbo to strip it down to mechanicaly clean it. Mine went a turbo cleaner company which again shows it is a common problem.

Hi thanks for all the replys I don't know much about the car/engine as I have only had it 3 days when I bought it i test drove it all was ok until I was on the way home on the motorway it went into limp turned the car off then back on and turbo/boost was back when I got home I put it on the vcds/vag and it came up with  ------ 17563 Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) short to plus P1155 - 35-10 - -- intermittent

was the only code it found am I right in thinking the sticky veins are more common with the over boost code ? where do I find engine code as there isn't a sticker on the top drivers side of the engine? and is there any way to test the MAP sensor to see if its that that's faulty thanks again

Hi thanks for all the replys I don't know much about the car/engine as I have only had it 3 days when I bought it i test drove it all was ok until I was on the way home on the motorway it went into limp turned the car off then back on and turbo/boost was back when I got home I put it on the vcds/vag and it came up with ------ 17563 Manifold Pressure Sensor (G71) short to plus P1155 - 35-10 - -- intermittent

was the only code it found am I right in thinking the sticky veins are more common with the over boost code ? where do I find engine code as there isn't a sticker on the top drivers side of the engine? and is there any way to test the MAP sensor to see if its that that's faulty thanks again

Sticky vanes should log an overboost fault (or maybe an underboost fault).

What does the vcds log say in the engine section? It should mention the engine code.

Also check under the boot carpet for a sticker which will have the engine code.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

The green goddess went into limp mode today while overtaking a lorry in 4th gear at about 3200rpm... Off and on and back to normal and fine since (another 40 miles ish), ran it through the rev range in 2/3/4 and not a sausage, good smooth power delivery. First hiccup in nearly 20K miles after changing the MAF immediately after I bought it. In the instant it just stopped giving the power all I could see in my mind was a can or Mr Muscle lol. CBA going out to it tonight, so will scan it tomorrow and see what she tells me. Car is about to his 59K miles :o 

I drive the car to commute and generally get over 700 miles from a tank (filled up just before this having done 728.1miles on last tank). It's driven very gently and that 3200rpm is the highest it's prob seen in months... Was off work using up some holidays a couple of months ago and went to remove EGR (as car is 15 years old) and clean, but it was pretty bang tidy so I left it alone. 

The green goddess went into limp mode today while overtaking a lorry in 4th gear at about 3200rpm... Off and on and back to normal and fine since (another 40 miles ish), ran it through the rev range in 2/3/4 and not a sausage, good smooth power delivery. First hiccup in nearly 20K miles after changing the MAF immediately after I bought it. In the instant it just stopped giving the power all I could see in my mind was a can or Mr Muscle lol. CBA going out to it tonight, so will scan it tomorrow and see what she tells me. Car is about to his 59K miles :o

I drive the car to commute and generally get over 700 miles from a tank (filled up just before this having done 728.1miles on last tank). It's driven very gently and that 3200rpm is the highest it's prob seen in months... Was off work using up some holidays a couple of months ago and went to remove EGR (as car is 15 years old) and clean, but it was pretty bang tidy so I left it alone.

If it's started hitting limp mode it will often take a good few ignition cycles to do it again. Get a scan mate and see what pops up. Code should have been thrown without the EML in this instance.

Limp mode I suffered in the vrs was down to an iffy remap, corrected by a new map from elsewhere.

Edited by YellowCar

If it's started hitting limp mode it will often take a good few ignition cycles to do it again. Get a scan mate and see what pops up. Code should have been thrown without the EML in this instance.

Limp mode I suffered in the vrs was down to an iffy remap, corrected by a new map from elsewhere.

My trusty old laptop which I was only remarking last night is still going strong after 8 years went loopy tonight (it's my diag one for all cars :( )

Had to set it up on another one and reassign com port etc... Fairly standard result. Have cleared code off an will do little now unless it happens again tbh. Had been putting about 1000 miles a month on her for a good 7 months there but now down to around 600 miles a month. Serviced it the other week 6 months early due to accidently putting random grade old waste oil in when topping it up to max from prev service FML, so just did it again as I had all the bits from buying 2 of everything last time. 

1 Fault Found:

17965 -  Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation

P1557 - 35-00 -   

2 other codes but they are for my shagged pin in drivers door control module, bar that she is code free.