The Brisky Whiskey Thread - Show Us Your Whiskey!

FUBAR

An uncle sent me a picture to make me jealous of what he had just got today: 

image-919831cfb6302859dc00ed814344a5d58a

So several minutes later I sent my picture response:  :cocktail:

IMG_20160403_224326337.jpg

That is how my current table top collection stands. All are unopened as I don't ever open the last bottle of something (just a me thing) and all bar the Millennium cask I have another one or so about. The red label is more of a novelty thing as it's a 4.5L bottle and it was on offer at €42 or something silly so I got it more of a something to palm off on people who don't appreciate whiskey (so they are automatically relegated to scotch). Bells is just a bottle I was given last Christmas and can be my doomsday preppers style bottle for the apocalypse.

I remember from before that there were some pretty posh collections floating about on this forum, so let's see what we are all holding / enjoying in 2016?   

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 3

Nice little collection there..... i'll try and post up the current bottles i'm working through later - both gifts too.

This thread is potentially very dangerous..... we find out how shocking Alan-R36's whickey habit is!!! :D:giggle:;):rofl:

• Like 2

Nice collection... Arran single malt for me but need a restock after recent events...

Yep - I like the Founders Reserve malt...   which is a good job given how much of it I have...   ;-)

• Like 2

• Administrators

I boxed ours up the other day before niece and nephew came around. Quite scary how small but heavy the box was. I'll have to go and find it now, SWMBO moved it :S... what's that corporate risk thing... not all execs can fly in the same plane... should of exercised that on malts in boxes...

Your Bushmills is our Macallen, interspersed with islays and obscures like cardhu, edradour.

Edited by ColinD
cheeky line on malt risk
  • Like 2

Just finished a bottle of Lagavulin.. cracking stuff.

Do enjoy a nice bottle of whiskey.. which reminds me - as I'm still technically recovering from the flu - I might be able to sneak another past the wife for 'medicinal purposes'.

• Like 1

Remember this is a Brisky whiskey thread, not a Brisky whisky thread.

In light of which, I have nothing to declare.

Me too  :no:

Gaz

• Like 1

Remember this is a Brisky whiskey thread, not a Brisky whisky thread.

In light of which, I have nothing to declare.

Me too  :no:

Gaz

Come on ladies I did include scotch in my pic :P  

• Like 1

Ooooo one I can get in on....

This doesn't include the few more from my bday

IMAG1669_zpsnoarrbji.jpg

My personal fav is Cardu Gold Reserve

A Christmas special collection  :thumbup:

Nice collection... Arran single malt for me but need a restock after recent events...

Man was talking about WHISKEY, which in terms of the real "Crature" is Not WHISKY.

• Like 1

Man was talking about WHISKEY, which in terms of the real "Crature" is Not WHISKY.

It is true that the later counterfeit stuff will never be able to spell it correctly for copyright reasons, but they have been having a go at it for so long now that there are some decent tipples out there too. :p

Edited by FUBAR

Pendryn Welsh whisky is nice to have. I don't have a collection but worth a mention.

That's actually a brand I have heard of but never come across in person. It shall be added to my mental list on your recommendation. 

It is true that the later counterfeit stuff will never be able to spell it correctly for copywrite reasons, but they have been having a go at it for so long now that there are some decent tipples out there too. :p

You get it WRONG. WHISKY (AKA uisge beatha = "water of life") is something coming out of Scotland.

You get it WRONG. WHISKY (AKA uisge beatha = "water of life") is something coming out of Scotland.

Come on now, you know how easy it is for me to throw back the Irish Gaelic spelling uisce beatha. Uisce comes from the Old Irish for ‘water’ and beatha from bethad, meaning ‘of life’ :p Then that we produced 'whisky' before shortbreadland (167 years ahead) and only added the 'e' 250 odd years later as a marketing ploy to create a differential for export to not be confused with the inferior but geographically close stuff across the water. 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1