190bhp, experiences, q&a's

Hi,

Bought a back bumper protector for when the car arrives. Car arrives ( Yep, those who are waiting -- it does happen ! ) Tried the bumper protector and was not impressed. As i needed something and it was better than nothing i fitted it ( finding out that the tissue "wipe" to clean the surface  was dry ) looked -er- awful ! Went on "fleabay" and found one that looked a lot better. Ordered it and it turned up yesterday a much better product-- it curves over the edge of the bumper and the raised parts match the cars own protector . Its now fitted and i am far happier ! In the photo the first bumper protector is on the ground.

attachicon.gifP5170268.JPG

Where was the original protector from? I was planning to buy one and was going to get the one from Superskoda but if it's not much cop I'll look elsewhere. Someone else mentioned the fit wasn't great.

Have you got a link for the other one you bought? Thanks.

Hi Maffyou,

The protector on the ground came from Superskoda -- they described it as there best yet- sorry to disagree. The second one came from here,--

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252362241215?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

At first i thought that Supaskoda had sent the wrong one-- very poor shape & rough on the edges in places & also rather narrow  with no lip to cover the outer edge of the bumper.

Edited by david 1220
  • Like 2

Thanks for the link - I won't be getting the Superskoda one now!

EDIT Although I better make sure I get the hatch version :)

Edited by maffyou

Superskoda do this one which looks just like the one above I have it and it is great has a lip to go over the edge of the bumper can be seen in the pic. if your thinking thats not quite central NO IT ISN'T my fault but i'm not anal enough to worry about it.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SUPERB-III/Superb-III-Combi-massive-stainless-steel-rear-bumper-protective-panel-V3

post-140878-0-92565600-1463604609_thumb.jpg

Edited by russ1610

Dammit. Birmingham Airport multi story 1-0 superb rear boot.

The overhang on the rear wall fooled the rear sensors and me, I now have a nice ripple effect just under the rear badge.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Hi,

Bought a back bumper protector for when the car arrives. Car arrives ( Yep, those who are waiting -- it does happen ! ) Tried the bumper protector and was not impressed. As i needed something and it was better than nothing i fitted it ( finding out that the tissue "wipe" to clean the surface  was dry ) looked -er- awful ! Went on "fleabay" and found one that looked a lot better. Ordered it and it turned up yesterday a much better product-- it curves over the edge of the bumper and the raised parts match the cars own protector . Its now fitted and i am far happier ! In the photo the first bumper protector is on the ground.

attachicon.gifP5170268.JPG

I've got the one you didn't like but don't like yours lol !

I had one from rearguards.co.uk on my Superb II and it was a brilliant fit - so ordered one for my SIII. Once again a brilliant fit, goes right under the weather seal and has a lip that goes over the edge of the bumper. I have gone for plain black, but they do other finishes and even a stainless steel one. 

I've had mine since end January 2016 and I've just rolled past 10,500 miles from new.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

And I have had mine since the 2nd of December, just done 21500 miles, had the first service done and had to change all 4 tyres as well.

• Like 1

Hello folks I have a 190dsg but I seem to be dismal economy from the car, I had a 170 dsg s2 before which used to achieve around 5.4ltr/100km this one is 7.7 it's going back on Monday for a couple of issues (park assist button and knocking rear suspension and unless windscreen washers) am I expecting to much from the economy

Hello folks I have a 190dsg but I seem to be dismal economy from the car, I had a 170 dsg s2 before which used to achieve around 5.4ltr/100km this one is 7.7 it's going back on Monday for a couple of issues (park assist button and knocking rear suspension and unless windscreen washers) am I expecting to much from the economy

3f7fcea77fc68e8fbde64b9390de9f1f.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

The car is still only on it's second tank of fuel and most of the trips have been local town runs where I have been averaging about 40MPG, I have however had a couple of runs to Keswick over the last 2 weeks and the results have been somewhat better, 46.5mpg over the 70mile trip the return journey was 45.6mpg. today the there trip was 50.5mpg and the trip home 53.4mpg as can be seen on the attached photo. that's on an individual setting of standard everything except engine set as ECO the average speed of 47mpg for mixed dual carriageway and good A class is not too bad either.

post-140878-0-60115400-1463930496_thumb.jpg

Hi,

We have K.E.S.S.Y. and in the fob with the chrome ends there's an " emergency key" according to the "good book" its for the child locks on the rear doors. If thats the case why "emergency key" ? can not find anywhere else to use it on the outside--- any idea's ?

Hi,

We have K.E.S.S.Y. and in the fob with the chrome ends there's an " emergency key" according to the "good book" its for the child locks on the rear doors. If thats the case why "emergency key" ? can not find anywhere else to use it on the outside--- any idea's ?

There is a cover over the door lock keyhole. Once the cover is off you can use that mechanical key in it.

If the key battery is dead you hold the key against the start button to start the car. Works like a dog chip reader apparently.

All things I've read and not actually tried so I could be wrong :)

There is a cover over the door lock keyhole. Once the cover is off you can use that mechanical key in it.

If the key battery is dead you hold the key against the start button to start the car. Works like a dog chip reader apparently.

All things I've read and not actually tried so I could be wrong :)

Thanks for that --- will give it a try !

Thanks for that --- will give it a try !

Well tried it -- got the cover off & opened the door but despite holding the key against the start/stop button nothing happened !

One thing -- getting the cover back on -- its a xxx to do, best hold the door handle in the open position.

Edited by david 1220

Had the car for one week now and thought i would share my first impression.

Picked it up last thursday at the dealer, looked stunning in the showroom! The car looks great from every angle, really happy with the color inside and out and that i chose the 19' wheels.

I was a bit sceptical with how the comfort would be with 19' wheels but for no reason, the car is very comfortable. There are a bit more roadnoise than i expected but have to make some sacrifices with low profile tires.

Love the car and was really worth the wait! The car is a comfortable cruiser i Comfort mode and not to bad around the bends in Sport mode. It's a huge step up from the Octy 3 1.6 4x4 we traded in.

The power is ok but not great. It's supposed to be just as quick as our Golf GTE but doens't feel anywhere close to that. Haven't timed them or anything but the Golf feels alot quicker! The Superb is off course a big barge compared to the Golf so it will never feel as quick, but hopefully it will loosen up as the miles go. Anyone experienced that it get's better?

All in all it's a great car and really looks good! I compared it to a 2015 BMW 520d Xdrive this weekend and other than roidnoise and a bit quality feel the Superb isn't far from the bimmer(only in price:) )

Have added LED lights in the boot and bumper protection, both from SuperSkoda. Also had the dealer program the DRL's on the rear lights.

Most of the extras are included on the L&K here in Norway but I added:
- Ventilated seats.
- Panoramic Sunroof (This is great!)
- Electric passenger seats controlled from backseat
- Paddle shifters
- Trailer hitch
- Heated windshield

post-109914-0-78626100-1464850906_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kires

Picked it up last thursday at the dealer, looked stunning in the showroom! The car looks great from every angle, really happy with the color inside and out and that i chose the 19' wheels.

I was a bit sceptical with how the comfort would be with 19' wheels but for no reason, the car is very comfortable. There are a bit more roadnoise than i expected but have to make some sacrifices with low profile tires.

Love the car and was really worth the wait! The car is a comfortable cruiser i Comfort mode and not to bad around the bends in Sport mode. It's a huge step up from the Octy 3 1.6 4x4 we traded in.

The power is ok but not great. It's supposed to be just as quick as our Golf GTE but doens't feel anywhere close to that. Haven't timed them or anything but the Golf feels alot quicker! The Superb is off course a big barge compared to the Golf so it will never feel as quick, but hopefully it will loosen up as the miles go. Anyone experienced that it get's better?

All in all it's a great car and really looks good! I compared it to a 2015 BMW 520d Xdrive this weekend and other than roidnoise and a bit quality feel the Superb isn't far from the bimmer(only in price:) )

Have added LED lights in the boot and bumper protection, both from SuperSkoda. Also had the dealer program the DRL's on the rear lights.

- Ventilated seats.

- Paddle shifters

- Trailer hitch

- Heated windshield

Very nice.....looks like the quartz grey finish or the Nowegian equivalent

- Ventilated seats.

- Paddle shifters

- Trailer hitch

- Heated windshield

What do you mean that the dealer programmed the DRLs in the rear?

Wasn't shift paddles included in your L&K? It was for mine here in Sweden.

I also took the control passenger electric seat from the back. Regret it actually. I always hit the buttons by mistake with my arm when driving. [emoji14]

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

No, paddle shifters aren't standard in Norway on L&K. Had the dealer program day light running light on the rear, only front are standard.

Not in UK either.

What do you mean that the dealer programmed the DRLs in the rear?

Wasn't shift paddles included in your L&K? It was for mine here in Sweden.

I also took the control passenger electric seat from the back. Regret it actually. I always hit the buttons by mistake with my arm when driving. [emoji14]

Didn´t get them on mine.

No, paddle shifters aren't standard in Norway on L&K. Had the dealer program day light running light on the rear, only front are standard.

So you always have rear lights on, even during sunshine?