Have skoda reduced the Front brake disc size on new VRS's?

Read this on a Facebook page and it appears that someones new Diesel VRS has smaller front brakes than older mk3's.

The calipers have changed and the discs don't fill behind the wheel as much.

0b01e7ab5de04f6b6ed7f7581a9e3a10.jpg

454e0b46c0097262db85bfb06c4c7832.jpg

Edited by aldouk

is it not just the top pic has has the bigger extreme wheels fitted so it makes the discs look smaller? also the angle the pic is taken makes the calliper look different?

^^^^^^ Agree with this ^^^^^^

The new vRS uses a 340mm disk for both petrol and diesel. The mk2 vRS used the 312mm size

VRS gets the 340mm setup as does the Cupra (with the sub8 option pack they are uprated to 370mm) as does the Golf GTi PP and Golf R.

is it not just the top pic has has the bigger extreme wheels fitted so it makes the discs look smaller? also the angle the pic is taken makes the calliper look different?

The caliper is smaller though?

No that's the front.

It appears that it is true and Skoda have reduced the size of the front brakes, certainly on the oil burning VRS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After further digging it seems that the brake size have indeed been made smaller..

everything before 2016 plate has 340 and early 2016

models have 340 but 16 plate cars have gone down to a 312 on the TDi's 

That's my wheel at the top of the post, the fronts are 312mm disc and the caliper is now the same as the std Golf Gti/Gtd (and I think Leon FR) must admit I'm very disappointed, this is a huge spec change I wasn't made aware of when buying the car so I'll be taking this up with my dealer this morning, pretty sure there will be a significant cost difference between the 312 set up and the 340's that wasn't reflected in the list price. It looks like the Tsi still has the 340 set up but will be asking for confirmation of this also because imo the tdi with its heavier weight should not be the victim of a down grade.

That's my wheel at the top of the post, the fronts are 312mm disc and the caliper is now the same as the std Golf Gti/Gtd (and I think Leon FR) must admit I'm very disappointed, this is a huge spec change I wasn't made aware of when buying the car so I'll be taking this up with my dealer this morning, pretty sure there will be a significant cost difference between the 312 set up and the 340's that wasn't reflected in the list price. It looks like the Tsi still has the 340 set up but will be asking for confirmation of this also because imo the tdi with its heavier weight should not be the victim of a down grade.

Me to gutted, I ordered November 15 and collected Jan 16. I was only told about the sat nav change. Nothing to do with brake set up.