Travel mug

Have a look at the Thermos Stainless King Travel mug/tumbler, I have 2 both cost £19 and both are excellent.

Preheat for a few minutes before brewing tea in and it'll stay hot for a good 3-4 hours.

Amazon have them in stock for £19 for the Midnight Blue or £20 for Red (Cranberry) or Matt Black.

• Like 1

Contigo autoseal all the way for me 

Expensive but worth it 

Keeps drinks hot for longer than anything else I have ever used (and I've tried dozens !)

Only one's that seem to do a 20oz capacity 

And much stronger I have a nasty habit of dropping travel mugs 

• Like 3

I used to think Contigo was great and then I had a lid drop on the floor and crack, I replaced it with an identical one and for some reason it would never retain heat very well at all, a maximum of 90' before the tea/coffee was undrinkable.

Only had one issue with the Thermos and that required a new lid and it has been perfect despite being banged around and dropped.

• Like 1

I use the Contigo Autoseal. It doesn't fit the cup holders in the centre consol, but I place it in the bottle holder in the door pocket.

I can confirm that the Thermos Stainless Steel King mug/tumbler fits perfectly in the holders next to the handbrake/armrest.

They fit with about ½ (front holder) -1mm (rear holder) gap around it so it drops in & comes out easily and it comes up to just about ⅓ of the way up the mug/tumbler, I should point out that the mug/tumbler I have is the one without the handle.

101535_thumb_padded_w434_h580px.jpg184803_thumb_padded_w434_h580px.jpg

The capacity of it is 470ml (16.54 fl.oz or 0.82 pints) which is plenty otherwise you'll be stopping for a pee regularly. 

You can also buy a matching flask in the same range of 470ml or 1,2 L. I have the 1.2 L one, but it's very heavy when filled, but does give me 2 mugs of tea or coffee out of its single fill. Again it lasts a long time IF you preheat first.

Also highly recommend one of these:

104110_thumb_padded_w434_h580px.jpg

Absolutely brilliant! When I preheated mine, I was able to use it the next day for coffee!

You can also get spares and the above from here: http://www.thermosonline.co.uk/

Edited by TheWanderer
  • Like 1

Only one answer for this. Zojirushi travel mug https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B1KVCEQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461414227&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=zojirushi+mug&dpPl=1&dpID=31LrKfHNS6L&ref=plSrch

This one is in brown but they do different colours. Great locking lid and the lid completely comes apart for proper cleaning (unlike some cheaper mugs)

Also keeps hot for hours and has a nice lip for sipping coffee tea from.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Edited by Iamholam
  • Haha 1

I can confirm that the Thermos Stainless Steel King mug/tumbler fits perfectly in the holders next to the handbrake/armrest.

They fit with about ½ (front holder) -1mm (rear holder) gap around it so it drops in & comes out easily and it comes up to just about ⅓ of the way up the mug/tumbler, I should point out that the mug/tumbler I have is the one without the handle.

101535_thumb_padded_w434_h580px.jpg184803_thumb_padded_w434_h580px.jpg

The capacity of it is 470ml (16.54 fl.oz or 0.82 pints) which is plenty otherwise you'll be stopping for a pee regularly.

You can also buy a matching flask in the same range of 470ml or 1,2 L. I have the 1.2 L one, but it's very heavy when filled, but does give me 2 mugs of tea or coffee out of its single fill. Again it lasts a long time IF you preheat first.

Also highly recommend one of these:

104110_thumb_padded_w434_h580px.jpg

Absolutely brilliant! When I preheated mine, I was able to use it the next day for coffee!

You can also get spares and the above from here: http://www.thermosonline.co.uk/

That's brilliant, thanks. Exactly what I needed to know, Thermos ordered!

I don't know if it's just me but I've never had an awful lot of use for these thermal travel mugs.

I've never made a cup of coffee and had it last 6 hours......20 minutes is too long. I'd be on my 2nd in 30 minutes!!

• Like 1

I forgot to mention to clean the almost inevitable stains that will appear on the stainless steel mug use Milton Sterilising Fluid, put half a cap of Milton in,fill to the brim with hot water from the tap and leave for anywhere between 15-60' and to do the same with the lid fill a bowl with half a cap and leave in there again for between 15-60'.

Wash carefully with warm soapy water and the jobs a good'un.

Edited by TheWanderer

I don't know if it's just me but I've never had an awful lot of use for these thermal travel mugs.

I've never made a cup of coffee and had it last 6 hours......20 minutes is too long. I'd be on my 2nd in 30 minutes!!

I'm the same, I have a few cheap ones but only because they are less likely to spill in the car when I'm driving with a lid on then a normal mug, if I want a drink to stay hot for a long period I use my big flask.  

• 2 years later...
On 23/04/2016 at 13:26, Iamholam said:

Only one answer for this. Zojirushi travel mug https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00B1KVCEQ/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1461414227&sr=8-1π=SY200_QL40&keywords=zojirushi+mug&dpPl=1&dpID=31LrKfHNS6L&ref=plSrch

This one is in brown but they do different colours. Great locking lid and the lid completely comes apart for proper cleaning (unlike some cheaper mugs)

Also keeps hot for hours and has a nice lip for sipping coffee tea from.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Brilliant.

New (2) from £308.88.

Absolute bargain. I'll get two. Well done Amazon, keen pricing :blink:

• Haha 2

On 23/04/2016 at 09:55, MattyMobile said:

And both of these fit the cup holders? I've tried bodum one's, Costa ones, ceramic etc and none of them fit in the holders

I found that the old plastic Costa cups were too big, but then they brought out the slimmer based metal looking one with the deep red lid, this fits perfectly, I don't want or expect it to keep my coffee hot for hours but just want it to keep it warm enough for me to drink as I plod along. Won't break the bank at circa £10 either. I'd post a picture if I had one, maybe