Not against lowering at all. Standard the vRS looks like it's on stilts. But this!! Just looks so wrong, The wheel arch gap is wider at the bottom at the sills. The wheels don't follow the arch radius. From a design standpoint, a bloody carbuncle. Why can't people see this?

Baffles me tbh.

• Like 2

Not against lowering at all. Standard the vRS looks like it's on stilts. But this!! Just looks so wrong, The wheel arch gap is wider at the bottom at the sills. The wheels don't follow the arch radius. From a design standpoint, a bloody carbuncle. Why can't people see this?

Baffles me tbh.

I see this, but it don't bother me. Show me a lowered car where this is not evident, fuss pot! ;-)

I see this, but it don't bother me. Show me a lowered car where this is not evident, fuss pot! ;-)

Matter of taste I suppose, I am a designer, I like things to look right. Form and function and all that. This is neither form nor function, it's almost laughable. What must it be like on full lock listening to the growling of the tyres against the wheel arch linings? Sweet! What must it be like sitting in it driving over a pothole and smashing a rim? Nice! Not nice.

Sorry :sick:

• Like 2

Matter of taste I suppose, I am a designer, I like things to look right. Form and function and all that. This is neither form nor function, it's almost laughable. What must it be like on full lock listening to the growling of the tyres against the wheel arch linings? Sweet! What must it be like sitting in it driving over a pothole and smashing a rim? Nice! Not nice.

Can't disagree with that! I would never venture that low for all those reasons; there is, however, aesthetic improvements possible over stock that I would consider.

That car is a bit too low but for goodness sake Skodas standard suspension height is too high!! All of the press shots of their cars and those on their web site are of them lowered by at least 30 mil. I understand that probably as many people don't care or want the car to sit lower, ride a bit firmer and handle better, as do, but why can't Skoda at least make some models available with it THE VRS for example!!!!!

That car is a bit too low but for goodness sake Skodas standard suspension height is too high!! All of the press shots of their cars and those on their web site are of them lowered by at least 30 mil. I understand that probably as many people don't care or want the car to sit lower, ride a bit firmer and handle better, as do, but why can't Skoda at least make some models available with it THE VRS for example!!!!!

couldn't agree more, i find it really annoying how high my VRS sits and mine is on the standard alloys, the extreme alloys make it look even worse

that pic is too low but would happily get mine lowered by 30mm or so, find it really frustrating when I see the press pictures as the stance and height seems much lower 

Baffles me tbh.

At first I saw the picture and thought, yeah that looks good.

Then I read you comment and the OCD in me is thinking "what the hell that's not right just look at it".

I get your point and must admit it's spoilt the view a bit.

Guess the only way around that is bigger wheels

OT: yeah, the stock height for the VRS is pathetic and totally misrepresented by Skoda's press shots.

Mine is booked in for service next week and I managed a sweet deal from the dealer for the Eibachs installed, so... Lower it will be :)

I hate cars with a huge gap between fender and wheel, but just as much, I hate cars too low.

----

Edit: "hate" is a bit strong word ;) dislike is better.

Edited by Jaco2k
  • Like 1

OT: yeah, the stock height for the VRS is pathetic and totally misrepresented by Skoda's press shots.

Mine is booked in for service next week and I managed a sweet deal from the dealer for the Eibachs installed, so... Lower it will be :)

I hate cars with a huge gap between fender and wheel, but just as much, I hate cars too low.

----

Edit: "hate" is a bit strong word ;) dislike is better.

If you don't mind me asking how much are the Eibachs setting you back?

I got my eibachs supplied, fitted plus hunter alignment for £360....  Now it looks like the Skoda press shots...

• Like 1

I am a designer :yawn:

So am I, and I think looks great.

As for the crap youre talking about turning on full lock, there are many options to get your car that low and still be easily drivable.. Static or Air

All depends on how much you want to spend.

I'm happy to leave it at the spacers and H&R springs I bought from another member these days, but, the actual height to the press shots is very misleading...

I am a designer :yawn:

So am I, and I think looks great.

As for the crap youre talking about turning on full lock, there are many options to get your car that low and still be easily drivable.. Static or Air

All depends on how much you want to spend.

I'm happy to leave it at the spacers and H&R springs I bought from another member these days, but, the actual height to the press shots is very misleading...

Thanks for your input. I have taken it on board and given it a massive dose of healthy disregard. 

• Like 2

I've seen lower.

A Chrysler 300C at a car exhibition where I could see no ground clearance at all.

In fairness it was parked on a medium pile carpet with some ginormous wheel size fitted and barely discernable tyres painted on.

When aesthetics compromise practicality then I lose interest as is the case with the featured Octavia.

I feel the same about a lot of modern car styling, such as rising window lines to give that rakish go faster look but actually just compromise visibility for drivers and especially small rear passengers.

And why the hell can't they put indicators on the corner of the car so it can be seen from other than just the front (one of the Golf variants has the front indicators mounted well inboard)

• Like 2

I think it looks great but I've always preferred the more aggressive stance of taking the back up 10-15mm and leave the front as it is :)

Edited by DarrellGB

€350 installed at the dealer - that is a damn good deal. You can find them online for €150-180 in eBay and another dealer I went to wanted €400 just for labour. I got up laughing and left - was still laughing when I walked out the door. They will NEVER touch my car on that place ;)